Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the squabbles among fans of the same team?
(09-26-2019, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it does.  The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much.  The numbers for the Marvin era Bengals against the Steelers are ridiculous. (winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42.  New England is the only team who had more wins against winning teams than the Steelers 57, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record. 

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams came against just one team, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.

Utterly ridiculous when you see it spelled out like that.

I'd go so far as to say we we're better than them in 2013 and 2015. I think they were about equal in 2012. In 2009 when we swept them, the Bengals were punching up, and somehow managed to pull it off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 06:37 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I would argue that true non-bandwagon fandom is a hereditary emotional disease that is forced upon children by cruel parents.

My sons wanted Aikman and Brady jerseys. But Palmer is what they received.

So, as long as there are terrible parents out there, I doubt the Bengals will end up short of fans.

BTW, I know most of you on this board are guilty of the same torturous crime.

Shame on you!

I would only be ashamed if I continually rooted for a cheating team like the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would only be ashamed if I continually rooted for a cheating team like the Steelers.

Amen brother!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote