Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife of 7th Special Forces Group vet faces deportation under tighter immigration rule
(03-08-2018, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But the law already allows this.  All they have to do is get married before the deportation order issues.

So letting this specific woman stay would not open up any new loophole.  

Not to mention this is a case to case policy and, in this case, we're talking about a two decade long marriage with two children. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2018, 09:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Harding and Coolidge roll back progressive reforms, depression immediately follows

Truman doesn't roll back progressive reforms, economic boom

So I guess we'll see what happens 

Depressions have always happened. No biggie. The Great Depression. Was thanks to Hoover and his progressive policies.
(03-08-2018, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But the law already allows this.  All they have to do is get married before the deportation order issues.

So letting this specific woman stay would not open up any new loophole.  

So this just makes this woman to be a moron. Don’t wait for the deportation order.

And it would certainly add a loophole and a load of people on deportation orders lining up for marriages.

Just deport these illegal people and be done with it. Then this woman could apply for the protections.
(03-08-2018, 11:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not to mention this is a case to case policy and, in this case, we're talking about a two decade long marriage with two children. 

And a two decade long deportation order. Breaking the law is breaking the law.
(03-07-2018, 09:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They advertise on Craigslist to get a wife for more military benefits.   Trading off more allowance from the military for a green card is indeed fraud.   Illegals would flood over to do this for the protection.   Since the legislature has zero interest in getting them out of the limbo they are currently.

Why do you hate the military?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2018, 01:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depressions have always happened.   No biggie.  The Great Depression. Was thanks to Hoover and his progressive policies.

LOL, no, it wasn't. Hoover's issue was that his policies, which FDR continued on a larger scale, were not wide spread enough to stop a depression that the economic policies of the administrations the decade before him enacted. 

(03-08-2018, 01:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And a two decade long deportation order.  Breaking the law is breaking the law.

I don't understand why you keep going back to that emotional argument as if it justifies hurting the economy and the ability of our troops to leave their families so that they can protect the nation. I think our economy and military are more important than your feelings.

I don't feel like going back and re-reading so I apologize if this was already discussed, but I thought that when a non-citizen married a US citizen, they were pretty much given citizenship. If that's not the case, ok, but if it is, why doesn't it apply in this case?
(03-08-2018, 04:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't feel like going back and re-reading so I apologize if this was already discussed, but I thought that when a non-citizen married a US citizen, they were pretty much given citizenship. If that's not the case, ok, but if it is, why doesn't it apply in this case?

That isn’t the case.

She didn’t get the protection because she already had a deportation order for 2 years before she was married. Since no one decided to enforce the laws she stayed. Now that ye laws are being enforced we have these people who have been on deportation list for decades that are now getting put out. It seems harsh but the reality is the anger should be directed to past administrations for not following the laws or changing them.
(03-08-2018, 02:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't understand why you keep going back to that emotional argument as if it justifies hurting the economy and the ability of our troops to leave their families so that they can protect the nation. I think our economy and military are more important than your feelings.

The economy will be fine. All she has to do is go hone and reapply for protection. THis isn’t a big deal. And won’t affect troop readiness.
(03-08-2018, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The economy will be fine.  All she has to do is go hone and reapply for protection.   THis isn’t a big deal.   And won’t affect troop readiness.

The law will be fine. All they have to do is drop the removal order. This isn't a big deal. And won't affect stopping criminals. 

(03-08-2018, 06:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The law will be fine. All they have to do is drop the removal order. This isn't a big deal. And won't affect stopping criminals. 

Except set a precedence that will be exploited by other illegals.

It’s simple enough to just follow the law instead of demanding a carve out because someone is incompetent.
(03-08-2018, 04:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't feel like going back and re-reading so I apologize if this was already discussed, but I thought that when a non-citizen married a US citizen, they were pretty much given citizenship. If that's not the case, ok, but if it is, why doesn't it apply in this case?

I think this case is sorta like getting car insurance after you were in an accident and then thinking you should be covered for the repairs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-08-2018, 06:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Except set a precedence that will be exploited by other illegals.

It’s simple enough to just follow the law instead of demanding a carve out because someone is incompetent.

You know this is case by case, right?

(03-08-2018, 07:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You know this is case by case, right?

Once you make an exception it will be used to avoid deportation.

This has fraud written all over it.
(03-08-2018, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this case is sorta like getting car insurance after you were in an accident and then thinking you should be covered for the repairs.

Precisely
(03-08-2018, 07:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Once you make an exception it will be used to avoid deportation.

This has fraud written all over it.

No doubt using the rule as it's intended for someone who has been married for nearly two decades with kids smells like fraud.

(03-08-2018, 08:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No doubt using the rule as it's intended for someone who has been married for nearly two decades with kids smells like fraud.

They aren’t the fraud. But that doesn’t mean they get a carve out. They had 20 years to sort this out. They could have done this in conjunction with a vacation. It’s just pure laziness.

http://journaltimes.com/news/opinion/editorial/journal-times-editorial-scam-military-marriages-must-be-stopped/article_fde59393-5e79-52a7-8a47-b4d30cc8e455.html
(03-08-2018, 10:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They aren’t the fraud.   But that doesn’t mean they get a carve out.  They had 20 years to sort this out.   They could have done this in conjunction with a vacation.   It’s just pure laziness.  

http://journaltimes.com/news/opinion/editorial/journal-times-editorial-scam-military-marriages-must-be-stopped/article_fde59393-5e79-52a7-8a47-b4d30cc8e455.html

Do you deliberate ignore things in the articles or just don't read them?

They have been working on this for years.

Not everyone is a "moron" who can't get it legally handled.

If only everyone was as perfect as you.  
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2018, 10:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do you deliberate ignore things in the articles or just don't read them?

They have been working on this for years.

Not everyone is a "moron" who can't get it legally handled.

If only everyone was as perfect as you.  

It’s an easy fix. Self deport and Leave the country. File for advanced parole. You can file it with a rush. Put in for the protections with the military. They could literally do this on a 3 week vacation.

Instead they just tried to get the entire thing tossed out and thought they could because administrations refused to enforce immigration laws.