Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife of 7th Special Forces Group vet faces deportation under tighter immigration rule
(03-08-2018, 10:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s an easy fix.  Self deport and Leave the country.   File for advanced parole.  You can file it with a rush.   Put in for the protections with the military.    They could literally do this on a 3 week vacation.

Instead they just tried to get the entire thing tossed out and thought they could because administrations refused to enforce immigration laws.

It's not an easy fix to leave your spouse of two decades, your children and move to a country where you have no home and no standing.

It's easy to SAY, not to do.

Especially in this case.

Quit being so upset about what you did versus what someone else has to do.  Too emotional.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2018, 10:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's not an easy fix to leave your spouse of two decades, your children and move to a country where you have no home and no standing.

It's easy to SAY, not to do.

Especially in this case.

Quit being so upset about what you did versus what someone else has to do.  Too emotional.

What are you taking about?

I don’t just say about this type of stuff. I know. If we had an immigration issue with my wife we would most certainly leave temporarily and sort it out.

Applying for advance parole would be the most time consuming. And you can put a rush on it if you choose and they could have gotten the DoD authorization.
(03-08-2018, 10:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What are you taking about?  

I don’t just say about this type of stuff.   I know.    If we had an immigration issue with my wife we would most certainly leave temporarily and sort it out.    

Applying for advance parole would be the most time consuming.   And you can put a rush on it if you choose and they could have gotten the DoD authorization.

I saying you are not them.  You shouldn't be so emotionally involved in what they are doing versus what you did.
(03-08-2018, 11:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I saying you are not them.  You shouldn't be so emotionally involved in what they are doing versus what you did.

I wasn’t dumb enough to marry an illegal. And my wife wasn’t so irresponsible that she allowed herself to be illegal.

It’s personal responsibility.
(03-08-2018, 10:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They aren’t the fraud.   But that doesn’t mean they get a carve out.  They had 20 years to sort this out.   They could have done this in conjunction with a vacation.   It’s just pure laziness.  

http://journaltimes.com/news/opinion/editorial/journal-times-editorial-scam-military-marriages-must-be-stopped/article_fde59393-5e79-52a7-8a47-b4d30cc8e455.html

No doubt the guy fighting for our country is just lazy. He should have taken some time off for a vacation instead of trying to use a policy designed to help his family for his service. Instead of carrying out the policy, we should make a service member jump through hoops because a guy in Florida had his feelings hurt.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-09-2018, 01:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wasn’t dumb enough to marry an illegal.  And my wife wasn’t so irresponsible that she allowed herself to be illegal.  

Maybe he shouldn't have tried to meet someone in person. After all, there's other ways to find a wife. I'm sure he regrets falling in love now. Likely should have just retired from the military and let his wife go back to Honduras. Oh well, he made his bed. Right now all he can do is try to use this policy. Didn't they pass it for this reason? Exactly the situation it was designed to help. Really not a big deal. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-09-2018, 01:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wasn’t dumb enough to marry an illegal.  And my wife wasn’t so irresponsible that she allowed herself to be illegal.  

Bingo.  And they have been working on this for years...something you deny.  Or you think they are "morons" for not getting it handled.  Al the while ignoring that it can be handled very simply but the government fought them from using the solution the government gave them to use.
(03-08-2018, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this case is sorta like getting car insurance after you were in an accident and then thinking you should be covered for the repairs.

Except if the law said you would not be responsible for the repairs then it does not matter when you bought the insurance or had the accident.

The law says spouses of military get to stay even if they entered the country illegally.  Why not enforce THAT law.
(03-08-2018, 06:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s simple enough to just follow the law instead of demanding a carve out because someone is incompetent.

The law says that spouses of military get to stay even if they entered the country illegally.

They are not asking for an "exception" they are just asking that the law be followed.
Everyone here does agree that she should be allowed to stay here because the law says spouses of military get to stay, right?

So why make her jump through legal hoops when we all agree that the law says she should be allowed to stay? what is gained by making her leave when everyone agrees she should be allowed to return and stay. It seems to me like people just want to play silly games to be mean to people they don't like.

Or are some of you arguing that she should never be allowed to return and stay?
(03-09-2018, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except if the law said you would not be responsible for the repairs then it does not matter when you bought the insurance or had the accident.

The law says spouses of military get to stay even if they entered the country illegally.  Why not enforce THAT law.

I've answered this once before. She was facing a deportation order before the marriage. Hence the analogy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-09-2018, 03:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've answered this once before. She was facing a deportation order before the marriage. Hence the analogy.

Something she didn't know until after she was married.  So she couldn't do anything about something she didn't know about.

Either way this should have been a simple fix now.
(03-09-2018, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone here does agree that she should be allowed to stay here because the law says spouses of military get to stay, right?

So why make her jump through legal hoops when we all agree that the law says she should be allowed to stay? what is gained by making her leave when everyone agrees she should be allowed to return and stay. It seems to me like people just want to play silly games to be mean to people they don't like.

Or are some of you arguing that she should never be allowed to return and stay?

It’s not playing games. It’s just following through on the process. She was irresponsible and allowed herself to be subject to deportation.

If you don’t like the laws being enforced then advocate to your congressman you want new laws.

Trump has been trying to actually do something on this issue to the point DACA people are now protesting Democrats for inaction.
(03-09-2018, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bingo.  And they have been working on this for years...something you deny.  Or you think they are "morons" for not getting it handled.  Al the while ignoring that it can be handled very simply but the government fought them from using the solution the government gave them to use.

Oh I don’t doubt they have been working on it. Some attorney probably told them to just keep filing things and putting off the deportation orders. Which was fine since we never enforced the laws. They were played by an attorney, as usual.

This could have been sorted out years ago within the time of a long vacation.
(03-09-2018, 03:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Something she didn't know until after she was married.  So she couldn't do anything about something she didn't know about.

Either way this should have been a simple fix now.

Should be, but what is going to be the next simple fix.

I suppose we have to take her at her word that she didn't know she was facing a deportation order until after marriage. Hell she probably didn't even know she was here illegally.

(03-09-2018, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Should be, but what is going to be the next simple fix.

I suppose we have to take her at her word that she didn't know she was facing a deportation order until after marriage. Hell she probably didn't even know she was here illegally.

I suppose the next fix will involve the next unique situation.

For a country that purports to support families and the troops it just seems odd they didn't handle this quickly and quietly and been done with it.
(03-09-2018, 03:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Something she didn't know until after she was married.

She didn't know she entered the country illegally until after she was married? Ninja
(03-09-2018, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone here does agree that she should be allowed to stay here because the law says spouses of military get to stay, right?

I agree she should be allowed to stay, partially because of the law, but also because she's been married to him for over 20 years. I see that she entered the country illegally and I don't like criminals using loopholes to get away with breaking the law. However, the fact that she's been married to a US soldier for so long combined with the fact that her crime was not a major one and occurred a long time ago, I have no issue with making an exception or doing whatever and allowing her to remain in the country.

Lucie, I understand your concern about the precedence this could set, but it's not like your going to see a rash of illegals marrying Armed Force servicemembers. 
(03-09-2018, 04:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: She didn't know she entered the country illegally until after she was married? Ninja

...and she's not even blonde.

(03-09-2018, 04:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: She didn't know she entered the country illegally until after she was married? Ninja

she didn't know they were trying to deport her until she was married...according to the story. Mellow