Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wikileaks......still no proof of corruption.
A lot has been made of the damage Wikileaks is doing to Hillary, but I still not seen any proof of corruption. I define "corruption" as taking official action in return for personal gain. Hillary has served as a U.S. Senator and as Sec of State, but I have not seen any evidence that she gave any preferential treatment to any person or group in exchange for money.

Am I missing something?
(10-21-2016, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot has been made of the damage Wikileaks is doing to Hillary, but I still not seen any proof of corruption.  I define "corruption" as taking official action in return for personal gain.  Hillary has served as a U.S. Senator and as Sec of State, but I have not seen any evidence that she gave any preferential treatment to any person or group in exchange  for money.

Am I missing something?

Yes, about 33,000 emails. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-21-2016, 12:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, about 33,000 emails. ThumbsUp

I don't think you understand my question.

Who benefited from Hillary's action as a public official and what did she receive in return?
There is a lot of shady shit in the emails, no doubt about it. Whether any of it is actually illegal is not a certainty, but perception is a big thing. Those with an agenda against Hillary will jump on the "this is shady and COULD point to " those in support of Hillary will argue the point that there is no proof of illicit activities. Those that don't really like either one of them are just in the middle and not caring because we know she's shady as hell.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-21-2016, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you understand my question.

Who benefited from Hillary's action as a public official and what did she receive in return?

So, you think rigging the primaries so that Sanders had no chance to get the nominee is not corrupt? You think colluding with the media to help Hillary get elected is not corrupt?

Speaking of collusion, do you not find it interesting that the emails seem to support the accusation of the Department of Justice colluding with Clinton while they were investigating her?

With that said, Belsnickel is basically right. I do think there's stuff in the emails, personally, but they certainly didn't have the effect that I'm sure Assange was hoping they would. And based on what side you fall on, depends on how much credence you'll give to the emails.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-21-2016, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, you think rigging the primaries so that Sanders had no chance to get the nominee is not corrupt? You think colluding with the media to help Hillary get elected is not corrupt?

First of all none of the primaries were "rigged".  

I agree that the DNC wanted Hillary to be elected, but that is on them, not Hillary. The DNC is a private organization and can do whatever they want. I disagree with some of the actions they took, but that is nothing like Hillary selling influence as an elected official.

(10-21-2016, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Speaking of collusion, do you not find it interesting that the emails seem to support the accusation of the Department of Justice colluding with Clinton while they were investigating her?

What do you mean "seem" to support?

my point is that I hear so many people claiming that we can not elect Hillary because she will be corrupt and sell her influence in exchange for financial gain, yet despite the fact that Wikilinks has 33,000 emails they can't provide any proof that she ever did anything like this as either a senator or Sec of State.
The proof is there, Fred. It has to be! You're just not looking hard enough and using enough creativity!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
All I know is that I smile, every time I hear about Obama using an alias to contact Hillary, on her server.
He TOTALLY did that because she's on the "up and up".
Big Grin

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(10-21-2016, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot has been made of the damage Wikileaks is doing to Hillary, but I still not seen any proof of corruption.  I define "corruption" as taking official action in return for personal gain.  Hillary has served as a U.S. Senator and as Sec of State, but I have not seen any evidence that she gave any preferential treatment to any person or group in exchange  for money.

Am I missing something?

Well, she does have a vagina. And that means, hit it: "Lock her up! Lock her up!..."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-21-2016, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a lot of shady shit in the emails, no doubt about it. Whether any of it is actually illegal is not a certainty, but perception is a big thing. Those with an agenda against Hillary will jump on the "this is shady and COULD point to " those in support of Hillary will argue the point that there is no proof of illicit activities. Those that don't really like either one of them are just in the middle and not caring because we know she's shady as hell.

But literally ANYTHING in anyone's email COULD point to . So, those who use her email as a reason to hate her are imbeciles. And, the emails aren't the real reason for contempt. As Borat would say, with Obama it is the genuine chocolate face, with Mrs. C it is the vazseen.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-21-2016, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, you think rigging the primaries so that Sanders had no chance to get the nominee is not corrupt? You think colluding with the media to help Hillary get elected is not corrupt?

Speaking of collusion, do you not find it interesting that the emails seem to support the accusation of the Department of Justice colluding with Clinton while they were investigating her?

With that said, Belsnickel is basically right. I do think there's stuff in the emails, personally, but they certainly didn't have the effect that I'm sure Assange was hoping they would. And based on what side you fall on, depends on how much credence you'll give to the emails.

There is more evidence of Trump colluding for her to win than there is of the primary being rigged against Sanders or of the media colluding with H.

How do you Trump supporters feel about Donnie's collusion? When he walks down Fifth Avenue and shoots someone, and then turns to the cameras and says, "Everything I've done from the moment I got on that stupid ******' escalator up to and including shooting that innocent middle-aged white man was to help elect Hillary Clinton," are y'all still gonna vote for Trump?
(10-23-2016, 08:22 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: All I know is that I smile, every time I hear about Obama using an alias to contact Hillary, on her server.
He TOTALLY did that because she's on the "up and up".
Big Grin

Yeah, because who ever uses aliases in internet communications...

Wait, you mean your mother actually named you Rotobeast? That must be a terrible memory for the whole maternity crew at that hospital. Wink
(10-23-2016, 09:48 AM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, because who ever uses aliases in internet communications...

Wait, you mean your mother actually named you Rotobeast? That must be a terrible memory for the whole maternity crew at that hospital. Wink

I use the nickname because YOU GUYS very well may not be on the "up & up".
(I wouldn't have it any other way though)

Side note: I've had my nickname since early 1985.
Rotoworld can kiss my butt !

(10-23-2016, 10:56 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I use the nickname because YOU GUYS every well may not be on the "up & up".
(I wouldn't have it any other way though)

Side note: I've had my nickname since early 1985.
Rotoworld can kiss my butt !

Some may not be on the up & up
Some might even be on the down low
But that's what's nice about this MB
You won't get sent packin' based on who you blow

There's some weirdos here, from the left and the right
Some really sharp, some not all that bright
Some old dogs, and some young pups
Some just lurk, and never say what's up?

But we take all kinds here in Bengalland
Hell, we don't even care if you're a football fan
Or if you root for some non-striped team
You're welcome to join us, we're livin' the dream

So make up a name, choose an avatar
Or be yourself and post from a bar
It's the Bengals Board, don't you know
Just settle in and go with the flow
(10-23-2016, 11:17 AM)xxlt Wrote: Some may not be on the up & up
Some might even be on the down low
But that's what's nice about this MB
You won't get sent packin' based on who you blow

There's some weirdos here, from the left and the right
Some really sharp, some not all that bright
Some old dogs, and some young pups
Some just lurk, and never say what's up?

But we take all kinds here in Bengalland
Hell, we don't even care if you're a football fan
Or if you root for some non-striped team
You're welcome to join us, we're livin' the dream

So make up a name, choose an avatar
Or be yourself and post from a bar
It's the Bengals Board, don't you know
Just settle in and go with the flow
Can I be your agent ?
Big Grin

(10-23-2016, 11:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Can I be your agent ?
Big Grin

Philosophically, I've always felt an agency relationship existed between us.

Practically, absolutely: if you can get me writing gigs PM me. I love to write.
Her and Trump are both real piles of turds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-23-2016, 01:01 PM)treee Wrote: Her and Trump are both real piles of turds.

Trump is the best pile of turds. Hillary - barely a marble. I mean, not much more than a rabbit pellet. She's not Trumpworthy. You ask people who know piles of turds, they come up to Trump all the time, and they tell, they tell him, you're the best at being a pile of turds. Trust me.
(10-23-2016, 11:25 AM)xxlt Wrote: Philosophically, I've always felt an agency relationship existed between us.

Practically, absolutely: if you can get me writing gigs PM me. I love to write.

I can only guarantee bathroom walls, right now.
Just give me a little time.
Wink

Am I missing something?

Why goodness yes, Fred. Read a little faster and you'll see what I mean.

"HillarykingofmorrocoClintonFoundation12millionHRCmustcome." 

If you read too carefully you will find yourself wondering "Wait, did money change hands, anything actually happen?" Just go on to the next email, ready that one rapidly too, and soon you will marvel at how Hillary "gets away with it."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]