No but we will be worse than the Browns
Can Lewis get fired already?
No
Who cares
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wil this team go 0-16?
(09-10-2017, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, this team will not go 0-16.  Once Jones comes back next week, both the Safeties get back on the field, and Burfict comes back from suspension, this defense will absolutely shut some teams out.  Sooner or later, the offense will stumble their way to a TD or two, and actually win a couple of games.

I agree.  Too many good players on this team to not back into a few.  They're still going to pay big time for not having an offensive line, but the run game will eventually turn into something productive IMO.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the rebuild has already started. Fans just don't admit. We've lost a lot of talent to free agency over the past 2 seasons.

We have the worst offensive line in football.

Inexcusable.

You may be right.  They, much like their neighbors in GABP are half-assing their rebuild.  That just softens the initial blow and makes the process a lot longer.  Marvin needed to be purged last year.  So did Alexander and Zampese.  Hell, how many games did they flush down the toilet waiting for their kicker to get it together last season?  They could have made the freaking playoffs if they'd have cut bait after the first two missed kicks(they'd have lost though, so who really cares?).    They'll put us through five seasons of shit, rationalization, and Brownsplaining before they admit they are wrong about something.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:50 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree.  Too many good players on this team to not back into a few.  They're still going to pay big time for not having an offensive line, but the run game will eventually turn into something productive IMO.  

I just don't see it. The players didn't look invested in the game today outside of Green who looked just pissed. They were getting shut out at home and you'd have thought it was a pre-season game based on body language.

I think Marvin has lost the respect of a majority of the team and they just don't care at this point. When he gets canned, they might start winning a few.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else happen to notice that Vigil kinda looks like he could have been Luke Keuchley's cousin?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I just don't see it. The players didn't look invested in the game today outside of Green who looked just pissed. They were getting shut out at home and you'd have thought it was a pre-season game based on body language.

I think Marvin has lost the respect of a majority of the team and they just don't care at this point. When he gets canned, they might start winning a few.

I think the defense played hard even when the game was out of hand.  Lack of personnel hurt them, for sure.  

I agree with your second point, though.  Unfortunately, I've kind of felt all offseason that they needed to suck bad enough to get his ass out the door after it's over.  He's done and has been since they 2015 Wild card game.  Those veteran players just saw that playoff loss movie a few too many times to keep faith in him.  I thought this when I heard Dunlap's postgame interview after that Pittsburgh game.  He said something to the effect of "How can this keep happening to us over and over?"  It has to wear on a team.

His comments after Whit and Z left also gave a hint as to how it probably feels in that locker room. Those players know what's up. They knew this o-line wasn't a viable NFL one.
Reply/Quote
No but we are in contention for the first overall pick. We look like the worse team in the league. Even teams who struggled today/tonight look more competent. Our issues (Marvin, Zamp, OT's) cant be solved during the season.

Getting the young players snaps will be the focus this year with an eye on 2018.

And no severe injuries to the aging core.

samhain

I agree. Too many good players on this team to not back into a few. They're still going to pay big time for not having an offensive line, but the run game will eventually turn into something productive IMO.

We haven't had a running game in years. I don't see much changing with a weaker line.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:00 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Think we'll pick an OT?

It'll be an even year, so that means CB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: After today's embarrassing debacle does this team go 0-16

No. Even during our worst years, we still won a couple games. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not 0-16, but maybe 2-14. We have a pathetic Oline. Dalton will continue to be rushed or sacked. Running game is shut down. The only way we win might be defensive touchdowns.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: No but we are in contention for the first overall pick. We look like the worse team in the league. Even teams who struggled today/tonight look more competent. Our issues (Marvin, Zamp, OT's) cant be solved during the season.

Getting the young players snaps will be the focus this year with an eye on 2018.

And no severe injuries to the aging core.

The bold is my biggest concern.

After we laid an egg on offensive line early-midway through last season, the team response was "well, we can't do anything to fix these guys until the off season." If that's their approach — and we know the offense isn't going to change any schemes/direction with the season underway — then we've got to think this team's biggest problems from the first game will be their biggest problems straight on until their last game.

I don't think we'll go 0-16. Hell, we play Cleveland twice so we can pretty much lock in at least one win no matter how bad we play LOL . But having significant problems the organization deems as unfixable during the regular season means we shouldn't expect to see much different. The best we can hope for right now is that some of the line decide to retire mid-season and staff are forced to do something different.
Reply/Quote
I said 8-8 but after yesterday's performance my worst fears were realized... We're horrible. Absolutely horrible.

I say Marvin finishes with 4 wins for the third time in his career. And like the last couple of times, I have a sickening feeling that he'll be back to coach again. But this time, he will not make the playoffs the following year (hope I'm wrong about Marvin returning... This team desperately needs new coaching)
Reply/Quote