Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilcox not tendered
(03-10-2023, 10:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with all except Mixon and it has nothing to do with his talent or anything else. Just think it is unwise to invest big $'s in RB's in the new NFL where you must win with vets and solid players on rookie deals to stay under the cap. . 

But agree 100% that you could be right about him staying, just hoping not because his money could bring in a nice piece for OL. You are correct as well that some of those savings will be to sign our own. 

Exactly. Besides, as has been pointed out, this draft is very deep for quality TEs and RBs. Get one or both positions and get better with players on their first contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 02:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals probably wanted to sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal that's cheaper than the tender. Wilcox will see what's on the market before deciding to come back to Cincy.

Sounds about right Bengal Dude.

Wish him the best whether it is somewhere else or here. Like I said, I like the guy, he is tough and plays very hard. Good blocker.

He does what Drew Sample was supposed to do and in my opinion better and doesn't seem slow like molasses running routes like 
Sample does. That is the thing, you look at Sample's combine numbers and he just doesn't look that athletic out there on the football
field. I bet Sample had way better combine numbers than Wilcox's pro day or whatever but it doesn't matter.

Sometimes the combine is deceptive with its numbers. Once the pads come on is where it matters.

(03-11-2023, 10:30 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals FO does a fantastic job of making these negotiations go smooth. That’s not easy. Even Bates will end on a decent note. Of course it’s impossible with some of these agents for all of them to go well. But I suspect you are right that they’ve told Wilcox this is what we can spend and we hope you get a great contract for you and your family. If you don’t and we still have room we’d like to have you back.

Well said Soonerpeace. Cool
Reply/Quote