Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***(Wild Card) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(01-15-2023, 11:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Y’all getting mad at people being upset that we are losing to a back up and just straight being bullied need to get over yourselves. This is a piss poor performance right now and a performance like that in the 2nd half will not lead to victory

Comments like "Scharping sucks" and "game over", etc etc  - deserve their own responses.  You take up for these pissy as.sess every week, just change your name to Tony.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You out yourself as a fool when you say shit like this

Do me a favor, keep drinking and pass out. Monday’s a new day

This was a bit harsh, but if you think Jackson Carmen, a 3rd string guard, is actually going to play better than Jonah, even with jonah’s struggles, you’re a naive person
Reply/Quote
Williams hasn’t played well this game. How much worse can Carmen be?
I probably shouldn’t ask that question.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:35 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Bengals need to open it up and throw deeper down the field. They are tying to play ball control and when they fall behind with no yards on a play, Baltimore has us where they want us,

They're playing to keep everything in front of them and they're still getting to Burrow with three and four guys. That's a bad bad recipe to try to throw down field. You start doing that you're going to take huge sacks or throw interceptions.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:26 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Is there a football game on or just commercials?

Where do you think that billion bucks Burrow is going to earn comes from?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:40 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Williams hasn’t played well this game. How much worse can Carmen be?
I probably shouldn’t ask that question.

Real question is how bad is Smith if he is listed as the backup LT and not playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:40 PM)higgy100 Wrote: They're playing to keep everything in front of them and they're still getting to Burrow with three and four guys. That's a bad bad recipe to try to throw down field. You start doing that you're going to take huge sacks or throw interceptions.

We need to run the ball and quick throws. Get chase in space on quick slants. Not a good first half, but this game is very very winnable
Reply/Quote
You guys can say what you want about th eoffense

The D gave up a 17 play drive i mean cmon

The D has to get a stop. Our offense isnt good enough to score if they dont touch the ball.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I still have hope, but we need to step up on run defense. 10 minute raven drives is unacceptable. That's exactly what they want, to keep Burrow off the field. Carman is horrifying at LT and I hope to God that Williams doesn't have a torn ACL.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:41 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: We need to run the ball and quick throws. Get chase in space on quick slants. Not a good first half, but this game is very very winnable

Absolutely. I don't think the offence has been bad at all, but it needs to be a little more diversified. Burrow dropping to throw on every play just doesn't keep the defence honest. Gotta mix it up.
Reply/Quote
Giving the ravens QB extra time to find receivers is killing us. If Burrow could do that we would still be in front
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:41 PM)phil413 Wrote: Real question is how bad is Smith if he is listed as the backup LT and not playing.

This.....

Reply/Quote
I hate it when they talk about this game is physical. This game is dirty. Call it what it is.
Reply/Quote
THis offense needs to step it up.... starting to feel like the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
To be fair Carmen played guard last year. He was supposed to be a tackle.  We'll see if he's as bad as Jonah.. It's not a real high bar..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
if we only get 3 possessions again we lose EASILY
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lou needs to step it up - this is an embarrassing defensive performance. 

The defense gave up one td drive in which they played well for the most part.

The field goal was quickly after that long drive after a turnover set them up close to field goal range. Held them to a field goal.

Need a big stop to start the half, and will need to outplay the ravens defense in the second half. Definitely need to make some adjustments to the run D. Lou could do it. It’s not out of the question.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see a sweep for mixon and then have him pass the ball. Ravens are selling out of every run.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:44 PM)Housh Wrote: if we only get 3 possessions again we lose EASILY

Not easily, but yes if the Ravens limit us to 3 drives then we'll have lost. Will mean they've been very successful on offence.
Reply/Quote
Run the damn ball. 5 rushes for Mixon? 19 passes? Gonna get Burrow hurt with this patchwork line. Let's have a balanced attack for once.

McPherson's gotta go. 28th in FG% and last in XP%.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote