Poll: Predicting Bengals in or out of Playoffs ?
Bengals squeak into Playoffs
Bengals can't hold on and miss the Playoffs
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcard Watch
(11-15-2018, 10:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Steelers easily beat the Jags, Broncos, and Raiders that gives them 9 wins. Of the Chargers, Saints, and Patriots they'll probably win one = 10. I could see the final game against us as a do or die, for us. How you reckon that will turn ?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers struggle against Jacksonville, especially with Fournette finally back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 12:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers struggle against Jacksonville, especially with Fournette finally back.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Steelers are on a real roll and might not lose another game.  They've gotten their defense going and their offense can score with anybody.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Steelers do tend to start slow and get better as the season progresses. Often the opposite here.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 12:55 PM)McC Wrote: As much as it pains me to say it, the Steelers are on a real roll and might not lose another game.  They've gotten their defense going and their offense can score with anybody.  

Plus they are the only team that can hold all game long and never have a call go against them. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The NFL is a passing league and under Guenther our pass defense was number one in the league in passer rating allowed.  We had more interceptions than any team in the league.

Not the last couple of seasons fred......but was still much better than what we've seen this season.  I never really disliked Paulie.....I especially liked when he called out some veterans after a bad spell, but then Merv overruled him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Bengals play the Browns twice, Raiders, and Broncos.
Those are 4 wins the Bengals could get.

Also, the Bengals have a ton of success against the Ravens, so a win against them wouldn't surprise me either.

That's 3-5 wins (depending on slip ups).

Going 5-0 against those teams is extremely possible.
Oh and Steelers might rest their starters at the end of the season if their playoff seed is set in stone.

So I honestly believe the Bengals can make the #6 wildcard spot
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 10:47 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: While there is nothing wrong with being optimistic but have you watched any game the last three weeks? Unless we get our defensive players off the injury report we have zero chance of making the POs. The only other chance is the refs quit letting Pitts linemen hold the defense and BB gets hurt.

What does the past 3 weeks have to do with the upcoming schedule?  NOTHING.

The defense is an issue, that is for sure, however I think the bigger issue with the defense was Austin and he is now gone.

Will the defense do a complete 180?  I doubt it, but we don't need a complete 180, we need an improvement.  Have to wait and see if there is an improvement, but making key tackles on 1st and 2nd down will help us in getting off the field on 3rd down.  No more of the 3rd and short BS that Austin seemed to be OK with.

As to the refs and Pitt, yes the refs let Pitt get away with a lot of holding, no doubt.  However Pitt has a lot of traveling and that will wear down any team.  If that was us doing all of that traveling, many would be pointing out that no team could travel like that and expect to win.  Well here the Steelers are traveling like that.  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 10:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Steelers easily beat the Jags, Broncos, and Raiders that gives them 9 wins. Of the Chargers, Saints, and Patriots they'll probably win one = 10. I could see the final game against us as a do or die, for us. How you reckon that will turn ?

How can you say that the Steelers easily beat the Jags and Broncos?

The Jags have are in the lead all time against the Steelers, 12-11.

The last time the Steelers won? 2014.

The Jags won the last 2 match ups.  Including Playoffs.

The Jags are 7-5 all time when playing in Jacksonville.

So no the Steelers do not just "easily" beat the Jags. 

The Broncos are still a tough team, especially at home.  The Steelers will have to face them after going to Jacksonville, so that is 2 road games against teams that play better at home than on the road. 

For you to say that the Steelers easily beat the Jags and Broncos I say they easily lose to both teams. 

As to the Raiders and Chargers... the Steelers should beat the Raiders, but again the issue is playing 2 games on the road, then play a home game against a very tough Chargers team and then having to travel out west again to face the Raiders.  The Chargers could also be a win for the Steelers, but Rivers is experienced and it is hard to count them out of any contest they are in.

So the Steelers don't win 9 or 10 games.  They more than likely have a 8-7-1 record, but 7-8-1 is still a great possibility.

Now to answer if the final game of the season came down to it... well the last time the Bengals and Steelers played a "win and in" game where the winner goes to the playoffs and the losers stay home, the Bengals beat the Steelers 13-10 in Pittsburgh.  So it isn't out of the range of possibility that we take that one from them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:00 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: What does the past 3 weeks have to do with the upcoming schedule?  NOTHING.

The defense is an issue, that is for sure, however I think the bigger issue with the defense was Austin and he is now gone.

Will the defense do a complete 180?  I doubt it, but we don't need a complete 180, we need an improvement.  Have to wait and see if there is an improvement, but making key tackles on 1st and 2nd down will help us in getting off the field on 3rd down.  No more of the 3rd and short BS that Austin seemed to be OK with.

As to the refs and Pitt, yes the refs let Pitt get away with a lot of holding, no doubt.  However Pitt has a lot of traveling and that will wear down any team.  If that was us doing all of that traveling, many would be pointing out that no team could travel like that and expect to win.  Well here the Steelers are traveling like that.  

All true and the Defense will improve, that is a given i am pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true and the Defense will improve, that is a given i am pretty damn sure.

It is by no means a given, the players could very well tune out ML as much as they did Austin
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Nearly 60% of Posters who voted so far think the Bengals miss the Playoffs.

22 of 37 Votes or 59.46% of voting Posters. 

...and that is after two recounts.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:00 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: What does the past 3 weeks have to do with the upcoming schedule?  NOTHING.

Oh my, how could I have made the assumption that the Bengals would be bad in the next game. The ONLY gave up 2000 yds the last four and they lost the last of their starting lbers last week. I'd like to be more optimistic but I have a tough time when I see a team so inept in all phases of the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 02:41 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I dont want to face the steelers,pats or kc first in the playoffs,I'm hoping for any other team.we could probably beat the steelers but they have the refs help.

The Titans are a team that could surprise a lot of folks as they are playing super good and have a great defense and a good HC,which we do not and it will show its ugly head this sunday as marvin is over the hill as a Hc and a DC.He is going to get outcoached once again and embarrass our city again.I think after this season,he will hang it up and Hue will be next HC. Marvin thinks he can make a big difference to this Defense,which he simply does not have the talented players he needs to do that and playing guys like Hardy Nickerson shows just how out of touch he is,and of course the blame-game will start with Oh my,we have had so many injuries to key players,but folks remember this,alot of these players that are injured would NEVER make a top nfl team.No one would want them. Cool Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 07:45 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: The Titans are a team that could surprise a lot of folks as they are playing super good and have a great defense and a good HC,which we do not and it will show its ugly head this sunday as marvin is over the hill as a Hc and a DC.He is going to get outcoached once again and embarrass our city again.I think after this season,he will hang it up and Hue will be next HC. Marvin thinks he can make a big difference to this Defense,which he simply does not have the talented players he needs to do that and playing guys like Hardy Nickerson shows just how out of touch he is,and of course the blame-game will start with Oh my,we have had so many injuries to key players,but folks remember this,alot of these players that are injured would NEVER make a top nfl team.No one would want them. Cool Cry
Wrong,with marvins coaching nickerson jr will turn into his dad. 
Reply/Quote
We need to get healthier for us to even consider this as a playoff team and even healthy we have so many flaws idk if it’s fixable
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 02:37 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: It is by no means a given, the players could very well tune out ML as much as they did Austin

Nah, i highly doubt they don't get better. The Defense is young and has talent, Marv is more aggressive than Austin.

That Austin guy was the worst coach i have ever seen here, worse than Paul Piano Heinz Ketchup Dude Alefrickinzander.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 01:33 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Wrong,with marvins coaching nickerson jr will turn into his dad. 

Was Marvins dad any good?
Reply/Quote
As of right now, we'd be heading to Gillette to face the Patriots in the WC round. What a bloodbath that would be.

Using ESPN's playoff machine, I came up with the Bengals going 9-7 (even with a split to the Browns) and clinching that 6th seed which would earn us yet another trip to Houston.

Top seeds: KC and New England

Wildcard games: Cincy at Houston - San Diego LA at Pittsburgh

If anyone wants to check out the playoff machine: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals take care of business they could realistically get to 10-6.
Even with a slip up
That last game could honestly be a freebie depending on how the seeding shakes out.
If Pit is locked in week 17 there is no way they risk their starters vs us in a game that almost always gets ugly.
Especially after the last couple of times we dinged them up badly in the playoffs or going into the playoffs.

The AFC  South is the real story. Its the wild west. All of those teams can beat each other on any Sunday regardless of their records.
Titans have been playing well but they match up well with NE.  They often struggle in the division and I can see the Colts or Jags stealing some games to make Houston and Ten have some problems down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 05:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Was Marvins dad any good?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote