Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
(02-11-2019, 07:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nah.  People make fun of his "lock her up" chants all the time.  Only him and his supporters don't get the joke.

But we all get the Pocahontas joke. amiright?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-11-2019, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But we all get the Pocahontas joke. amiright?

And the "TRAIL" joke.  amiright?

#bebest
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-12-2019, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: And the "TRAIL" joke.  amiright?

#bebest

I've gotta say, while the Pocahontas stuff I find in poor taste, that "joke" was really bad.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-12-2019, 10:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've gotta say, while the Pocahontas stuff I find in poor taste, that "joke" was really bad.

Oh but Matt!  DJT is just, uh, I dunno what the excuse is this week for his boorish behavior but his supporters love it.
I didn't think it was hard not being a complete sack of shit, but apparently it is for the Trump family

[Image: UW84oMl.png]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-12-2019, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't think it was hard not being a complete sack of shit, but apparently it is for the Trump family

[Image: UW84oMl.png]

Trump was that way long before he was elected.  His supporters just like it because he makes fun of "others".

And none of them have said a negative word about it here.
(02-12-2019, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump was that way long before he was elected.  His supporters just like it because he makes fun of "others".

And none of them have said a negative word about it here.

Bfine has repeatedly condemned Trump's tweets of this nature.  Why would you lie about this?
(02-12-2019, 01:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bfine has repeatedly condemned Trump's tweets of this nature.  Why would you lie about this?

Hell in this very thread I pointed to my post condemning this type of personal attacks. But it matters little. once a narrative gets started in this forum it is very hard to dismiss. Especially when your motivation is to create dissension,

(02-12-2019, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell in this very thread I pointed to my post condemning this type of personal attacks. But it matters little. once a narrative gets started in this forum it is very hard to dismiss. Especially when your motivation is to create dissension,

It's annoying isn't? Hopefully you'll stop doing the same exact thing to others. 

(02-12-2019, 01:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bfine has repeatedly condemned Trump's tweets of this nature.  Why would you lie about this?

(02-12-2019, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell in this very thread I pointed to my post condemning this type of personal attacks. But it matters little. once a narrative gets started in this forum it is very hard to dismiss. Especially when your motivation is to create dissension,

I was speaking specifically about the "TRAILS" "joke".

I understand that befine will occasionally say he disapproves of DJT's behavior.  I also believe he and you have also said we should "ignore" most of what TRump tweets as unimportant.

But when Trump takes it up a notch like that it should merit its own condemnation.

Of course many of his supporters have no problem with some of his behavior while claiming to have a problem with very specific things.

"lie"   Mellow

Frankly I can't believe I was accused of "slurs" Smirk
(02-12-2019, 01:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: GMDino Wrote: Trump was that way long before he was elected.  His supporters just like it because he makes fun of "others".

Bfine has repeatedly condemned Trump's tweets of this nature.  Why would you lie about this?

Strictly speaking, Bfine is not a Trump supporter. Didn't vote for him.  Has often expressed distaste for Trump's boorish and unpresidential behavior.

He is, rather, a Trump DEFENDER, that curious species of voter who attacks critics of Trump's policies and defends Trump defenders without directly supporting Trump.

I am not aware of any Trump SUPPORTERS on board, people who voted for him and defend his policies, who have criticized his tweets. Maybe one has said he wished Trump would stop tweeting. But they certainly don't find the tweets disqualifying or all that bad.
(02-12-2019, 01:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's annoying isn't? Hopefully you'll stop doing the same exact thing to others. 

Not as annoying as the "I'm rubber, you're glue' defense.

(02-12-2019, 06:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not as annoying as the "I'm rubber, you're glue' defense.

Haven't heard that one yet. Jungle Noise?

(02-12-2019, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was speaking specifically about the "TRAILS" "joke".

I understand that befine will occasionally say he disapproves of DJT's behavior.  I also believe he and you have also said we should "ignore" most of what TRump tweets as unimportant.

But when Trump takes it up a notch like that it should merit its own condemnation.

Of course many of his supporters have no problem with some of his behavior while claiming to have a problem with very specific things.

"lie"   Mellow

Frankly I can't believe I was accused of "slurs" Smirk

I cannot speak for SSF, but you'll have to excuse my misunderstanding. When you said things such as "even before he was elected" and "none of them have said a negative word about it" I thought you were speaking in generalities. I didn't realize you were only referring to a singular incident.  

Who said anything about a lie? But your BFF has run to your defense. 

(02-12-2019, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot speak for SSF, but you'll have to excuse my misunderstanding. When you said things such as "even before he was elected" and "none of them have said a negative word about it" I thought you were speaking in generalities. I didn't realize you were only referring to a singular incident.  

Who said anything about a lie? But your BFF has run to your defense. 

Pretty solid defense, too.
(02-12-2019, 08:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Pretty solid defense, too.

No doubt. Whataboutism is an revered art form in this forum. 

(02-12-2019, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot speak for SSF, but you'll have to excuse my misunderstanding. When you said things such as "even before he was elected" and "none of them have said a negative word about it" I thought you were speaking in generalities. I didn't realize you were only referring to a singular incident.  

You're excused.  Two separate sentences.  One referred to Trump's behavior not changing so this "joke" isn't a surprise to those of us who knew the reality before he was elected.

(02-12-2019, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump was that way long before he was elected.  His supporters just like it because he makes fun of "others".

Another speaking about the post that was quoted.

(02-12-2019, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: And none of them have said a negative word about it here.

(02-12-2019, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said anything about a lie? But your BFF has run to your defense. 

Mellow

YOU quoted him saying it in post 208.

"BFF"   Mellow
My ancestor was given a Military Hat and Sword by Sam Houston for the Cherokee backing against Santa Anna. Sam Houston and my ancestor signed a treaty in which 2.5 million acres in East Texas would be given to the Cherokee for their alliance but after the war, the Texas Senate renigged against Sam Houston's objections and the military was sent after the Cherokee.

My ancestor was shot in the leg and back only to be executed by a Captain with a shot to the head. After he was shot, this Captain cut off pieces of skin and took the Sword as a souvenir.

This ancestor mother was Cherokee and the father was Scottish and the name of my ancestor was Chief Bowles or The Bowl or Chief Di'wali.

Should I take offense to EW using my ancestry?

EDIT: By the way, I am not offended by this but isn't this the same as Stolen Valor?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(02-13-2019, 12:32 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My ancestor was given a Military Hat and Sword by Sam Houston for the Cherokee backing against Santa Anna. Sam Houston and my ancestor signed a treaty in which 2.5 million acres in East Texas would be given to the Cherokee for their alliance but after the war, the Texas Senate renigged against Sam Houston's objections and the military was sent after the Cherokee.

My ancestor was shot in the leg and back only to be executed by a Captain with a shot to the head. After he was shot, this Captain cut off pieces of skin and took the Sword as a souvenir.

This ancestor mother was Cherokee and the father was Scottish and the name of my ancestor was Chief Bowles or The Bowl or Chief Di'wali.

Should I take offense to EW using my ancestry?

EDIT: By the way, I am not offended by this but isn't this the same as Stolen Valor?

In this case, if Chief Bowles was your last Native America ancestor then she has about as much ancestry as you do. The issue is any sort of suggestion of specific tribe membership and calling herself Native American on forms/documents.