Poll: Will Joe Burrow lead the Bengals back to the Superbowl soon?
This poll is closed.
Absolutely
76.92%
60 76.92%
Negative, Ghost Rider
23.08%
18 23.08%
Total 78 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Bengals be back in Superbowl soon?
(02-21-2022, 04:57 PM)CincyDog Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1493946507946606594/photo/1

Like half that list is a bunch of mediocre QB’s. Burrow is way, way better than most of those guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 05:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like half that list is a bunch of mediocre QB’s. Burrow is way, way better than most of those guys.

Yeah, Thanks captain obvious

It's still interesting. 

Maybe you should report it and have it removed since it offends you. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:57 PM)CincyDog Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1493946507946606594/photo/1

Yeesh, a bunch of mediocre QBs on that list. Getting to the SB is very difficult, but a Burrow led team likely has a higher percentage than most of these guys here assuming he continues playing at this level or higher.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 05:09 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Yeah, Thanks captain obvious

It's still interesting. 

Hilarious

Well that escalated quickly.

Reply/Quote
I voted no because it is very difficult to get to the Super Bowl. I see us in the playoffs the next few years. But, the AFC is just too tough and unpredictable to say we make it to the Super Bowl. If the stars align right again, we might make it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 05:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted no because it is very difficult to get to the Super Bowl. I see us in the playoffs the next few years. But, the AFC is just too tough and unpredictable to say we make it to the Super Bowl. If the stars align right again, we might make it.

Your post doesn’t quite match up with your sig…

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 05:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your post doesn’t quite match up with your sig…

Yeah, we will be better next season as long as we stay somewhat healthy and fix the OL.

Sure a lot has to go your way in a season for you to make it to the Super Bowl but I don't have a team above us this Offseason.

I just agree with what Shake said, we just got to the SB ahead of schedule. We aren't scared of anyone and could of won the 
entire thing with a shitty OL and an extremely young roster and young coaches that will learn. The Bengals are my favorite to 
return to the Super Bowl and no other team is close. Maybe the Bills...

But they will have to go through us in order to do so.

The Titans need to get a better QB and they are close. Don't know what the 49ers QB situation will be.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 10:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we will be better next season as long as we stay somewhat healthy and fix the OL.

Sure a lot has to go your way in a season for you to make it to the Super Bowl but I don't have a team above us this Offseason.

I just agree with what Shake said, we just got to the SB ahead of schedule. We aren't scared of anyone and could of won the 
entire thing with a shitty OL and an extremely young roster and young coaches that will learn. The Bengals are my favorite to 
return to the Super Bowl and no other team is close. Maybe the Bills...

But they will have to go through us in order to do so.

The Titans need to get a better QB and they are close. Don't know what the 49ers QB situation will be.

Worthy of noting is how healthy and COVID-free the Bengals were compared to many teams, not the least of which includes those in our division.

The Browns and Rat Turds were plagued w injuries and COVID.

I also think …

The Bills and Chiefs will be tough again.

The Patriots will improve for sure.

The Titans will be a force again.

Getting to the SB for our young team really REALLY relied on all of the stars being lined up and falling into place for us, in addition to the talent and play.

Sure. I think we “can” get there; but so many things need to be in place for it to happen.

Our schedule sucks too.

I don’t see it actually happening for a few years.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 10:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Worthy of noting is how healthy and COVID-free the Bengals were compared to many teams, not the least of which includes those in our division.

The Browns and Rat Turds were plagued w injuries and COVID.

I also think …

Getting to the SB for our young team really REALLY relied on all of the stars being lined up and falling into place for us, in addition to the talent and play.

Sure. I think we “can” get there; but so many things need to be in place for it to happen.

Our schedule sucks too.

I don’t see it actually happening for a few years.

We lost a lot of players too, maybe not from covid but to injury which is worse. I want to see how good we can be with our OL 
fixed and players like Ossai, ADG, Hubert on D and some more Free Agents added to the roster. Schedule is a year to year thing.

Every team changes but if we do it right, for the most part we should be a lot like we were this year but improved.

The Chiefs are going to lose a lot of players with how much they pay Mahomes. I think that is the best roster they will ever have
and we swept them. The Bills are damn good on Offense, I don't know what they were doing against the Chiefs though on D.

Agreed on the Patriots and the Titans. Both are tough, but so are we in my opinion.

I like our chances more than anybody. Love the fight our players have and I think Zac and company will get better coaching wise
and of course our young talented players should grow. I think we can go right back to the SB next season, just have to want it 
more than the other Playoff teams. Once we get in the SB need to take it, we had it man. One play away. Just let the Rams best
players beat us and cannot let that happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 05:09 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Yeah, Thanks captain obvious

It's still interesting. 

Hilarious

he is very sensitive on JB.. trust me... over the past 10 super bowls, only Manning is sure fire HOF, Mahomes to me is next with Wilson right there unless he regresses.  The past 10 years here are of some NFL QBS: Flaco, Kaepernick, Garopollo, Goff, Foles.  Now I much rather have Burrow but normally it takes more than a good QB to get there.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: he is very sensitive on JB.. trust me... over the past 10 super bowls, only Manning is sure fire HOF, Mahomes to me is next with Wilson right there unless he regresses.  The past 10 years here are of some NFL QBS: Flaco, Kaepernick, Garopollo, Goff, Foles.  Now I much rather have Burrow but normally it takes more than a good QB to get there..

And thankfully we have much more than just Burrow.

Elite weapons - check
Elite pass rusher - check
Defense that can stop the run and make teams one dimensional - check
Elite kicker - check

And all the core players are young. This is not Rex Grossman and the Bears, or whatever other mediocre QB/aging team from that graphic.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And thankfully we have much more than just Burrow.

Elite weapons - check
Elite kicker - check

And all the core players are young. This is not Rex Grossman and the Bears, or whatever other mediocre QB/aging team from that graphic.

Just commenting on your overtop response is all, Im always here to put things into perspective... :)  and you are correct no QB in Bengals history probably has a better younger team to win with.. i will agree with that..
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just commenting on your overtop response is all, I always here to put things into perspective... :)  and you are correct no QB in Bengals history probably has a better team to win with.. i will agree with that..

How the hell was my response “over the top?” All I said is a bunch of those QB’s from that list were mediocre. Another poster made the exact same observation right after me.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How the hell was my response “over the top?” All I said is a bunch of those QB’s from that list were mediocre. Another poster made the exact same observation right after me.

Your response was not "over the top" at all Nicomo.

I don't know why Essex isn't over the top about Joe Burrow. Dude gives us a chance to win every game even with a shitty OL.

Sure would be nice to have a great OL in front of him to see what he really can do with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
No, it will be about a year before they get back.
Reply/Quote
Nicoma Costa. (BTW) FIFY

And thankfully we have much more than just Burrow.

Elite weapons - check
Elite kicker - check
Elite Game Prep
Elite Culture & Team Confidence

Whacked said:

______

The Bottom Line is injuries we were lucky. In order to repeat we need a better OL (DUH) but I believe if we can run the ball it’s going to make this offense ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now that we've all had a day or two to get past the emotion of not winning the game, will we be back in it any time soon?

3 qbs that have lost the SB got back in 5 years. Kelly, Brady and manning. I think burrow can too, but that’s incredible company.

My heart says yes, my brain says no. I’m still probably laying money on the former
Reply/Quote
I wish we could change our vote. I initially went "No" since it's hard to return to a Super Bowl. After my initial post-Super Bowl disappointment, I've thought it over and believe the Burrow to Chase combination is lethal along with all the other talent on this roster.

Since 2000, QBs such as Brady, Big Ben, both Mannings, Wilson, and Mahomes have appeared in multiple Super Bowls. I think Burrow can be elite like these QBs and get back to the big game.

I'm drinking the orange kool-aid and wish I could overturn my initial "No" vote-betrayal.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 12:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wish we could change our vote. I initially went "No" since it's hard to return to a Super Bowl. After my initial post-Super Bowl disappointment, I've thought it over and believe the Burrow to Chase combination is lethal along with all the other talent on this roster.

Since 2000, QBs such as Brady, Big Ben, both Mannings, Wilson, and Mahomes have appeared in multiple Super Bowls. I think Burrow can be elite like these QBs and get back to the big game.

I'm drinking the orange kool-aid and wish I could overturn my initial "No" vote-betrayal.

You can change poll votes on mobile. It’s weird I always see people mention not being able to on desktop.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 05:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like half that list is a bunch of mediocre QB’s. Burrow is way, way better than most of those guys.

It’s more than half. It’s pretty much all of them except for maybe Matt Ryan and Steve McNair.

This is just a graphic of QBs who hovered in the 12th-16th best at their position range for their entire career, with a few of them having small moments where jumped to the top.

Joey Burrow is a top 5 QB, and I don’t see it being a one year wonder like these guys.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote