Poll: Will Burfict ever be the same again?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burfict ever be the same again?
I say no but not in a bad way.

I think Burfict will become a smarter, stronger and faster player. Before this last injury, he threw his body around with reckless abandon, now he will become that LB the Bengals drastically need...mean, nasty, hard hitting and feared by the league.

Or...

He will become a shell of a man and be out of the league after his contract is up, or before.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
No he won't and I'll tell you why. His play style is why he was so spectacular. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of that play style was the sacrifice of physical health. So he'll either have to play more conservatively (but still athletically), or find himself beyond repair.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I certainly hope he does but I honestly have my doubts. Hope he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote
This guy is why I'm not as worried about Vontaze.

[Image: 635661698801074403-Dawson2.jpg.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
I'd say about 80% chance he's back. The question is what kind of impact he'll make.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 04:37 PM)Stormborn Wrote: This guy is why I'm not as worried about Vontaze.

[Image: 635661698801074403-Dawson2.jpg.jpeg]

I like Dawson as much as anybody, but not many players can come in and do what Burfict did.

Burfict is a one of a kind player, we will be lucky if Dawson is the same.
Reply/Quote
I voted yes.

He has too much passion to not come back and the negative nancy's with the first 2 posts made me vote this way.

Of course i have no idea but i get sick of the negative people. Burfict has more drive than about anybody.

I will not doubt the man.
Reply/Quote
I don't have great optimism for Burfict's career tbh.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 03:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I would have to say that he'll never make it back to playing the way he did two years ago.  Neither will Geno Atkins.  Why? Because that's the Bengals luck.

I have to fall in line with this, until proven otherwise.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
To answer the OP....no.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He has too much passion to not come back and the negative nancy's with the first 2 posts made me vote this way.

Look Tony Robbins, passion is not going to fix his knee or the idiotic behavior.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 03:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I would have to say that he'll never make it back to playing the way he did two years ago.  Neither will Geno Atkins.  Why? Because that's the Bengals luck.

I'm confident Atkins will be just fine and back to his old self. As far as Burfitct--not a chance.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like Dawson as much as anybody, but not many players can come in and do what Burfict did.

Burfict is a one of a kind player, we will be lucky if Dawson is the same.

I haven't been hyped for a draft pick this much since... probably A.J., when you just knew he'd be good.

He's just a natural player out there, that sounds dumb but it's the best I can come up with. It's about time we added a new one to the front 7. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 12:39 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I haven't been hyped for a draft pick this much since... probably A.J., when you just knew he'd be good.

He's just a natural player out there, that sounds dumb but it's the best I can come up with. It's about time we added a new one to the front 7. 

If your hype level is any indication of the caliber of player then gods be praised! haha

I watched him in college a few times and he was definitely my favorite pick in our draft this year.

I still feel that a lot of people are losing faith in Burfict too early.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 01:06 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If your hype level is any indication of the caliber of player then gods be praised! haha

I watched him in college a few times and he was definitely my favorite pick in our draft this year.

I still feel that a lot of people are losing faith in Burfict too early.

Based off what I've seen he's doing well with the knee, I don't think that's the main issue.

Concussions take everyone if they strike a player enough times.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 04:54 PM)Utts Wrote: Pessimistic? More like realistic. He was out of control, and has a history of idiotic behavior. 

He was no more "out of control" than he was the first two seasons when he had no injury problems at all.

And what "idiotic behavior" are you talking about that will keep him from returning?

You act like last year was his first season in the NFL or that he has been injured every single year.  That is juts silly.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 01:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was no more "out of control" than he was the first two seasons when he had no injury problems at all.

And what "idiotic behavior" are you talking about that will keep him from returning?

You act like last year was his first season in the NFL or that he has been injured every single year.  That is juts silly.

For starters, why don't you ask Cam Newton or Burfict's neurologist for some insights. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 03:59 AM)Utts Wrote: For starters, why don't you ask Cam Newton or Burfict's neurologist for some insights. 

Why can't you answer such a simple question?

What does his interaction with Cam Newton have to do with returning from injury?  Seems like you are basing your prediction about his health on how much he hurt your feelings instead of his actual health.

And if you will please provide me with the contact information for Burficts neurologist I will gladly contact him. But since you have all the inside information why not share with everyone?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And if you will please provide me with the contact information for Burficts neurologist I will gladly contact him.  But since you have all the inside information why not share with everyone?

I've got it right here, actually:

Dr. Phakename
123 Fake Street
Suite #69
Lower Upper Uppington, QX 92732762-01953
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why can't you answer such a simple question?

What does his interaction with Cam Newton have to do with returning from injury?  Seems like you are basing your prediction about his health on how much he hurt your feelings instead of his actual health.

And if you will please provide me with the contact information for Burficts neurologist I will gladly contact him.  But since you have all the inside information why not share with everyone?

Pessimism is his strong suit, not answering simple questions.
Reply/Quote