Poll: Will Burfict ever be the same again?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burfict ever be the same again?
I certainly hope he returns to form. However, I don't see him lasting 15 years in this league the way he plays. The guy is just a maniac. A freaking animal who is out there to destroy. I just don't see him willing to really change his style.

One of the meanest guys to ever wear a Bengal uniform. Rock On
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:37 AM)Beaker Wrote: Pessimism is his strong suit, not answering simple questions.

I am very familiar with Utts.

His real name is Eeyore. 
Reply/Quote
No..... Part of what made him such a great player on defense was his reckless style of play. I think he holds back a lot because of his injuries going forward and this will impact his presence on the field. Not saying that he cant be a great defender again, but hes going to have some growing pains playing smarter defense.
Reply/Quote
I hope for the best, but realize we may not know in 2015 as these injuries can take years to get back from 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Really can't answer this until we see him in camp. I'm a bit uneasy of the Bengals luck having signed him for 4 years/19 mil just last year. Hopefully things will work out.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why can't you answer such a simple question?

What does his interaction with Cam Newton have to do with returning from injury?  Seems like you are basing your prediction about his health on how much he hurt your feelings instead of his actual health.

Fred, the title of this thread is "Will Burfict ever be the same again?", not "Will Burfict ever return from injury?". Furthermore, in my original post I mention he has two hurdles to clear, his injuries and his idiotic behavior. In your rush to post a "clever" smackdown you missed this. You might want to slow your roll, and aim for fewer posts with a higher degree of accuracy. Volume isn't everything Mr. 1500+ and counting.

His health and penchant for idiotic behavior are legitimate threats to his career. If you think he'll overcome them then great. I'm not saying he won't, but I don't like his chances based on where he left off prior to the injury.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:37 AM)Beaker Wrote: Pessimism is his strong suit, not answering simple questions.

Save your personal attacks for someone else, you're on my Ignore List now.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 01:43 PM)Utts Wrote: Fred, the title of this thread is "Will Burfict ever be the same again?", not "Will Burfict ever return from injury?". Furthermore, in my original post I mention he has two hurdles to clear, his injuries and his idiotic behavior. In your rush to post a "clever" smackdown you missed this. You might want to slow your roll, and aim for fewer posts with a higher degree of accuracy. Volume isn't everything Mr. 1500+ and counting.

His health and penchant for idiotic behavior are legitimate threats to his career. If you think he'll overcome them then great. I'm not saying he won't, but I don't like his chances based on where he left off prior to the injury.

If youre referring to idiotic behavior, as his aggressive play. Then im sure if you put most players under a microscope like Burfict has on him, you'll find a lot more idiotic behavior around the league. Last time I checked his idiotic behavior landed him a nice 4 year extension.
Reply/Quote
Who knows, really? This is one of those things that are kind of pointless to speculate about since not even doctors are sure he will be burfict of old we all know and love. Just hope for the best.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 11:10 PM)Utts Wrote: Look Tony Robbins, passion is not going to fix his knee or the idiotic behavior.

True, but drive helps. Burfict has lots of drive.

And what idiotic behavior? I know he needs to keep his head up when he tackles but this can be fixed.
Reply/Quote
We hit on this in an upcoming question in our "10 questions in 10 days" series that's currently going on - won't "spoil" all of it but honestly, results are mixed when it comes to microfracture recovery. It's totally individual - some guys come back like there was never an issue. Some guys come back and it's, eh. Some guys have just flat out had to retire. All in the last 5-10 years.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
When it comes to how his career pans out post injury, who knows. If I had to bet my house on it, I would bet that he'll never return to anything close to 2013 Tez.

Of course, I hope I'm completely wrong and Tez makes it all the way back...but it just seems unlikely to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 03:29 PM)jowczarski Wrote: We hit on this in an upcoming question in our "10 questions in 10 days" series that's currently going on - won't "spoil" all of it but honestly, results are mixed when it comes to microfracture recovery. It's totally individual - some guys come back like there was never an issue. Some guys come back and it's, eh. Some guys have just flat out had to retire. All in the last 5-10 years.

Exactly Jim. The injury is so incredibly difficult to predict, as far as outcomes and future performance.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 03:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I would have to say that he'll never make it back to playing the way he did two years ago.  Neither will Geno Atkins.  Why? Because that's the Bengals luck.

Unfortunately things seems legit unfortunately  :angry:
Reply/Quote
His knee surgeon says he'll be ready for the season, but he needs to learn to protect his noggin.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 01:48 PM)Utts Wrote: Save your personal attacks for someone else, you're on my Ignore List now.

Your pessimism is clearly evident. More a statement of fact than a personal attack. Now I can add thin skinned to the list too. LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:02 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: His knee surgeon says he'll be ready for the season, but he needs to learn to protect his noggin.

Yeah, this is what worries me the most, the concussions.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 01:43 PM)Utts Wrote: Fred, the title of this thread is "Will Burfict ever be the same again?", not "Will Burfict ever return from injury?". Furthermore, in my original post I mention he has two hurdles to clear, his injuries and his idiotic behavior. In your rush to post a "clever" smackdown you missed this. You might want to slow your roll, and aim for fewer posts with a higher degree of accuracy. Volume isn't everything Mr. 1500+ and counting.

What exactly do you mean by "idiotic behavior"?  I've never seen his name in the news for anything stupid.  No crimes, no PED issues. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 02:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If youre referring to idiotic behavior, as his aggressive play.

No I'm not. What I'm referring to is:

1. Leading with his head.
2. The cheap shots 
e.g., http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000411288/article/vontaze-burfict-fined-25k-for-ankletwisting-incidents
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 07:33 PM)Utts Wrote: No I'm not. What I'm referring to is:

1. Leading with his head.
2. The cheap shots 
e.g., http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000411288/article/vontaze-burfict-fined-25k-for-ankletwisting-incidents

Yes. I'm replying to myself. Maybe I need to spell it out... These things are red flags to me. Signs that he was possibly reverting to the guy he was prior to joining the Bengals. I'm not making this stuff up, it's worth considering when evaluating his prospects going forward.
Reply/Quote