Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Clarke against the Rams.
Have not watched the game yet, but I saw that Clarke finally got to play a considerable number of snaps (28). i'd say that is probably more snaps than he has played in the rest of his career combined.

Did he do anything?

Did he see any snaps at DT?
Reply/Quote
No he didn't do anything, other than show the startling difference between he and Dunlap in terms of athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Have not watched the game yet, but I saw that Clarke finally got to play a considerable number of snaps (28).  i'd say that is probably more snaps than he has played in the rest of his career combined.

Did he do anything?

Did he see any snaps at DT?

I think the vast majority of his playing time, (from what I saw), came after we had started building a substantial lead.  But maybe he was out there earlier than that and I just didn't see him.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think the vast majority of his playing time, (from what I saw), came after we had started building a substantial lead.  But maybe he was out there earlier than that and I just didn't see him.

He was in on the big 60 yard run. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He was in on the big 60 yard run. 

Guess that proves your point in your previous post.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:45 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Guess that proves your point in your previous post.  

He had a chance to stop or slow it...even catch Tavon from behind but he just didn't have the juice. Dunlap has shown he can do crazy things. 
Reply/Quote
I did see that he was a major culprit in giving up the 60 yard run to Austin.
Reply/Quote
I thought he was in great position to stop or at least slow down that 60 yard jet sweep. He put a good move on the o lineman, was in perfect position to maintain contain and then looked like he froze as Tavon ran right past him...
Reply/Quote
He looked big and slow out there, highlighted as others noted on the big Austin gain. I know how the coaches like to make their D-lineman bigger coming out of college. Not too sure if it benefits Clarke. He looked like a 3-4 end out there.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:21 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: He looked big and slow out there, highlighted as others noted on the big Austin gain. I know how the coaches like to make their D-lineman bigger coming out of college. Not too sure if it benefits Clarke. He looked like a 3-4 end out there.

That's our preferred style of DE these days.
We havent drafted an athletic, bend the edge type DE in....roughly 5 years. 
Reply/Quote
Clarke lost outside leverage. Which allowed the log run run and TD.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:45 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Guess that proves your point in your previous post.  

He almost had the tackle in the backfield on that one but once he missed there was no one else
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's our preferred style of DE these days.
We havent drafted an athletic, bend the edge type DE in....roughly 5 years. 

We've drafted terribly since 2010 on the DL actually come to think of it

Moch DE/LB
Still DT
Thompson DT
Hunt DE
Clarke DE
Hardison DT/DE

Hardison is obviously too early but out of that bunch it looks like we may have only snagged two serviceable backups in Thompson and Clarke (even though both are replaceable).

We struck gold with Dunlap and Johnson and have carried that formula across for 5 years with little success. Perhaps a time for some variety.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:58 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: We've drafted terribly since 2010 on the DL actually come to think of it

Moch DE/LB
Still DT
Thompson DT
Hunt DE
Clarke DE
Hardison DT/DE

Hardison is obviously too early but out of that bunch it looks like we may have only snagged two serviceable backups in Thompson and Clarke (even though both are replaceable).

We struck gold with Dunlap and Johnson and have carried that formula across for 5 years with little success. Perhaps a time for some variety.

Hardison looked promising in the preseason and the UDFA DT who probably should have made the 53 man looked impressive. 

Dunlap and MJ don't even fit the mold the Bengals have even typecast themselves into which is hilarious. 

We need some variety, we need some youth and athleticism up front. Bully football players in the trenches. Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Johnathan Allen from Bama.....Billings from Baylor, Adolphus Washington from OSU, Sheldon Rankins from Louisville.....get some damn bullies up there. Tired of Thompson guessing blindly and getting penetration but no idea what to do with it....Get a Shaq Lawson from Clemson or Leonard Floyd from Georgia to bend the corner and use some practical athleticism to work.

Peko is a FA, Thompson is too...Hunt I think is gone...Sims is a FA and can't stay healthy....MJ has been less than impressive and Gilberry is okay in his super-sub role.

We will need some quality turnover on the DL soon...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:58 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: We've drafted terribly since 2010 on the DL actually come to think of it

Moch DE/LB
Still DT
Thompson DT
Hunt DE
Clarke DE
Hardison DT/DE

What's really sad to me is that Moch, Clarke, and Hardison were projected to be better picks for teams that implement the 3-4. I understand that we run a hybrid defense, but it seems like we take guys that don't fit into our system*.

*I'm not discounting Hardison since he's a rookie, but he's a project pick and we'll have to see what he can do next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hardison looked promising in the preseason and the UDFA DT who probably should have made the 53 man looked impressive. 

Dunlap and MJ don't even fit the mold the Bengals have even typecast themselves into which is hilarious. 

We need some variety, we need some youth and athleticism up front. Bully football players in the trenches. Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Johnathan Allen from Bama.....Billings from Baylor, Adolphus Washington from OSU, Sheldon Rankins from Louisville.....get some damn bullies up there. Tired of Thompson guessing blindly and getting penetration but no idea what to do with it....Get a Shaq Lawson from Clemson or Leonard Floyd from Georgia to bend the corner and use some practical athleticism to work.

Peko is a FA, Thompson is too...Hunt I think is gone...Sims is a FA and can't stay healthy....MJ has been less than impressive and Gilberry is okay in his super-sub role.

Hunt i believe has one more year on his contract... Thompson should be resigned depending on how much.

Peko can probly be upgraded in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hunt i believe has one more year on his contract...  Thompson should be resigned depending on how much.

Peko can probly be upgraded in the draft.

Hunt may have 1 year left on his deal, but he's done nothing to show that he needs to stick around for that final year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hunt may have 1 year left on his deal, but he's done nothing to show that he needs to stick around for that final year.

I was Just meaning he should be in camp next spring
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hardison looked promising in the preseason and the UDFA DT who probably should have made the 53 man looked impressive. 

Having read this, I think you've convinced me that DT is the teams biggest need.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hunt may have 1 year left on his deal, but he's done nothing to show that he needs to stick around for that final year.

(11-30-2015, 06:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I was Just meaning he should be in camp next spring

What Dude said....and he shouldn't even be in camp next spring.
Why waste the roster spot? 
Reply/Quote