Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Clarke against the Rams.
(11-30-2015, 06:20 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Having read this, I think you've convinced me that DT is the teams biggest need.

Wasn't necessarily trying to, but I'm glad you have come to my side!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What Dude said....and he shouldn't even be in camp next spring.
Why waste the roster spot? 

No trust me, all Hunt needs is one more pre-season and he'll be ready  Ninja

You know the game where he has 2 sacks and 1 TFL, 2 pressures against 3rd string OT's and many on here will claim he's our starting DE for the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wasn't necessarily trying to, but I'm glad you have come to my side!  Cool

I have as well, and we need a center like you say.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No trust me, all Hunt needs is one more pre-season and he'll be ready  Ninja

You know the game where he has 2 sacks and 1 TFL, 2 pressures against 3rd string OT's and many on here will claim he's our starting DE for the season.

In the NFL, it often takes until the 4th season for a DL to learn his 2nd pass rush move.:Mellow:
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hunt may have 1 year left on his deal, but he's done nothing to show that he needs to stick around for that final year.

Kind of tough when he's not active on gameday.  Dude is a bull when it comes to strength but shows little speed.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
He took a bad angle on the Austin 60 yard scamper. A better angle and its a 2 yard loss instead of 60 yard gain.
Reply/Quote
He looked like Robert Geathers out there Ninja

In all realness he gave up the big play, but if he was in for 27 other snaps, he did a good enough job to not get burned consistently, so that's a good thing.

If he was to get a grade.. C-
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:58 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: We've drafted terribly since 2010 on the DL actually come to think of it

Moch DE/LB
Still DT
Thompson DT
Hunt DE
Clarke DE
Hardison DT/DE

hindsight is 20/20, but I liked all of those picks except Moch.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: hindsight is 20/20, but I liked all of those picks except Moch.

So just don't draft DL fred likes....seems like a simple plan  Ninja
Reply/Quote
We have been drafting project or boom or bust guys because we have the starters already.

Because we had Dunlap, MJ, and Gillberry we could afford to take chances.

Still was a bust. We knew that when Zim had to beg him to motivate himself in hard knocks. And also why we brought back Sims .
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have as well, and we need a center like you say.

Exactly, the way to build your lines, on either side of the ball, is from the inside out.  Not the reverse.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I liked Hunt and Hardison, I'll admit. Never liked the Clark pick. Saw one of those speeded up, full-game things on him in the pre-draft process, and the tagline was something to the effect that "here is Clark looking good." I didn't think he did a damn thing. If that was a highlight of the season, woe unto the team that took him. Oh, wait ...

I don't think Thompson's shown much yet either, but I know I can never be fair to him. I thought it was so obvious we should have taken Lamar Miller that I just couldn't stand the pick.

Of course, if we'd taken Lamar Miller, we probably would not have taken Gio a year later. Still it was a dumb pick at the time.

Hardison may still show us something. He hasn't really had a chance yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 04:51 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I liked Hunt and Hardison, I'll admit.  Never liked the Clark pick.  Saw one of those speeded up, full-game things on him in the pre-draft process, and the tagline was something to the effect that "here is Clark looking good."  I didn't think he did a damn thing.  If that was a highlight of the season, woe unto the team that took him.  Oh, wait ...

I don't think Thompson's shown much yet either, but I know I can never be fair to him.  I thought it was so obvious we should have taken Lamar Miller that I just couldn't stand the pick.

Of course, if we'd taken Lamar Miller, we probably would not have taken Gio a year later.  Still it was a dumb pick at the time.

Hardison may still show us something.  He hasn't really had a chance yet.

Hunt's highlights were usually him beating up on some freshman OT
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I was Just meaning he should be in camp next spring

Hunt shouldn't be in camp next spring. He shouldn't be in the league. I understood spending a year or so to see if he panned out. This is his third. It's overdue.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have been drafting project or boom or bust guys because we have the starters already.  

Because we had Dunlap, MJ, and Gillberry we could afford to take chances.    

Still was a bust.   We knew that when Zim had to beg him to motivate himself in hard knocks.   And also why we brought back Sims .

I dunno. It showed last year with the injuries on the line and MJ gone that we really didn't have anything. Zim masked it a little bit by using the backfield to throw off QBs, but he was good at that. We're a few years late drafting a DL and it's not going to get any better any time this season.
Reply/Quote
I never liked the Hunt/Clarke/Still picks. But don't turn on Hardison just yet.

But for the record, I didn't like the Dunlap pick either, and would have taken Shelton, who if you watched him last night, and listen to Cleveland fans is shaping up to be a big bust.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:30 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. It showed last year with the injuries on the line and MJ gone that we really didn't have anything. Zim masked it a little bit by using the backfield to throw off QBs, but he was good at that. We're a few years late drafting a DL and it's not going to get any better any time this season.

Yeah, it's a bit more in depth than just drafting "boom or bust" players.

We just drafted bad football players. Clarke was never great at WV and he was never a good pass rusher especially. He's never going to be one. At best he profiled as a poor man's Michael Johnson.

Margus Hunt has never actually been good at football. He's a track star who looks good in pads. But he has next to clue what he's doing half the time. He's just not good at football. 

Still had motivation issues from the get go. Zimmer called him out for it on Hard Knocks. He never put it together.

Thompson gets off the line in a hurry but then 75% of the time he's just unsure of where the ball is and the play goes right by him. At least people finally stopped calling him a nose tackle.

Moch was supposed to be David Pollack. But he wasn't good at the sport of football.

Marcus Hardison is the most promising DL we have drafted since Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins. That's 5 years. That is not good. Especially considering we have invested: two second rounders, three third rounders and a fourth rounder.

That's terrible given the returns.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:27 PM)Benton Wrote: Hunt shouldn't be in camp next spring. He shouldn't be in the league. I understood spending a year or so to see if he panned out. This is his third. It's overdue.

This.

Even the rawest project has to show something by year 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I never liked the Hunt/Clarke/Still picks. But don't turn on Hardison just yet.

But for the record, I didn't like the Dunlap pick either, and would have taken Shelton, who if you watched him last night, and listen to Cleveland fans is shaping up to be a big bust.

He was never an explosive player and always just tried to out muscle everyone...but that almost never works in the NFL. 
He did look terrible on the game ending FG attempt where he and fellow rookie Cam Erving got split to allow the block. 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Even the rawest project has to show something by year 3.

Lost year 2 to injury...

Year 3 is being lost due to MJ's return

Hes probly gone next year but no reason not to bring him back to camp
Reply/Quote