Poll: Will Ken Zampese Improve This Years Offense?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Ken Zampese Push This Offense Forward?
(09-07-2016, 07:17 PM)treee Wrote: Bratkowski

There was someone on the Mother Ship that used to do it continually (and I don't believe it was Sunset).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am glad hue is gone. He tried to get too cute too often. His "innovation" was over rated. I think KZ will use the same tactics, with less gadgetry, and Dalton will have the freedom to audible if he sees something. I think the offense will take a step forward.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am glad hue is gone. He tried to get too cute too often. His "innovation" was over rated. I think KZ will use the same tactics, with less gadgetry, and Dalton will have the freedom to audible if he sees something. I think the offense will take a step forward.

Do you think if Hue magically cut the cuteness from our 2015 offense we'd be ranked in the top 3?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 10:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you think if Hue magically cut the cuteness from our 2015 offense we'd be ranked in the top 3?

It probably would have been ranked in the top 3 if Dalton wouldn't have got hurt.
Reply/Quote
Just saw something and wanted to post it because ppl. Seem to think its gonna be a super run heavy offense. Last year we actually ran the ball 45 percent of the time more when dalton got hurt. But anyways, the most important thing for zampese according to a direct guote from him is how many 20+ yard plays we get. Hello aj green!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:18 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Just saw something and wanted to post it because ppl. Seem to think its gonna be a super run heavy offense. Last year we actually ran the ball 45 percent of the time more when dalton got hurt. But anyways, the most important thing for zampese according to a direct guote from him is how many 20+ yard plays we get. Hello aj green!

We ran the ball 45% more with McCarron? I knew we ran the ball more, but that's a huge increase in runs.

Yeah, people think we will run the ball more because Jones and Sanu left. I think most people waaaaaay overrate them on our offense. Jones was a good #2, but Sanu was bad. LaFell, Boyd, and Core (possibly even Erickson) will easily make up the production we lost.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 06:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We ran the ball 45% more with McCarron? I knew we ran the ball more, but that's a huge increase in runs.

Yeah, people think we will run the ball more because Jones and Sanu left. I think most people waaaaaay overrate them on our offense. Jones was a good #2, but Sanu was bad. LaFell, Boyd, and Core (possibly even Erickson) will easily make up the production we lost.

Sorry me and my dang periods i meant we ran the ball 45 percent over the course of the season. that number obviously would have been lower if dalton hadnt gotten hurt. Not sure of the exact split. As far as our recievers sanu as , im not a lafell fan i really like core and boyd as our 2 and 3 going forward. 
Reply/Quote
One thing we saw sparingly in the preseason that I hope we see more of in the regular season is up-tempo. I love the fact that a young defensive player might brain fart on an assignment and give up a big play when the defense isn't set yet or doesn't get their call in soon enough and here comes another snap.

It doesn't have to be every drive, but I hope they do it early. I know Andy seems to like it, and I don't know of any defense that does.

To be fair, our own defense might not like it very much if they have to get back on the field quickly, but they will surely enjoy playing with a two score lead and teeing off on Fitzy.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be fair, our own defense might not like it very much if they have to get back on the field quickly, but they will surely enjoy playing with a two score lead and teeing off on Fitzy.

That defense better tear that Bengal ex-QB lackey a new one!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 10:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you think if Hue magically cut the cuteness from our 2015 offense we'd be ranked in the top 3?

Easily.

(09-08-2016, 06:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, people think we will run the ball more because Jones and Sanu left. I think most people waaaaaay overrate them on our offense. Jones was a good #2, but Sanu was bad. LaFell, Boyd, and Core (possibly even Erickson) will easily make up the production we lost.

I am glad the Bengals didnt dump stupid money into Sanu and MLJ like they got elsewhere. I think these guys we have will be fine. And we can use the money saved to resign Zeitler and Co.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It probably would have been ranked in the top 3 if Dalton wouldn't have got hurt.

I guess I'm just not as concerned about the "cuteness" as other are.  Then again the top offense in the NFL in 2015 was run by a guy Steeler fans couldn't wait to get out of town because he was just too damn "cute" too.  Hell if I know.  I do suppose Hue can try all sorts of cute crap in Cleveland with RG3 and Pryor.
Reply/Quote