Poll: Will We Make the Playoffs
We will Make the Playoffs but Lose
We will Make the Playoffs and Win
We Will not Make the Playoffs
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Make the Playoffs?
(10-19-2016, 01:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Why do you bother reading & posting about them then?

Because we all are entitled to our own opinions about this franchise. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I think it's possible. Not because I think the Bengals are a great team, but the AFC North is pretty weak in all honesty. Pitt looked dreadful against Miami and Philly. Even with Ben in, they had 21 passing yards before Ben threw his first INT.

The Ravens aren't really that good. Plus, Flacco is hurt. Sure, they said he's likely to play, but it's his throwing arm and it has irritation. This is the same guy that played a game or 2 with an ACL injury last year. If he's not practicing, then it may be something to worry about.

Also, fun fact. Outside of playing each other in the AFC North, the teams are 7-12 against teams not in their division.

Ravens are 2-3, Steelers are 3-2, and Bengals are 2-3.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 05:04 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we might win division if Ben is out for 4 or 5 weeks.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/19/ben-roethlisberger-injury-pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-torn-meniscus

4-6 weeks ought to work fine then..... they've got New England and Dallas, which should both wipe the floor with them, Baltimore and Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If Nirvana would have put out another album they should have named it "3 Dudes And A Cup".

LOL!!!!!  YES!!!!!  YES!!!!!!! :heart:
Reply/Quote
Only if we win the division, and that depends on how long Jen will be out. But we must win the next 2 or forget it. No WC.

With that said i'm not sure i want us to go if we are going to lose again.

Reply/Quote
If I was standing on the edge of a cliff and had to bet my life one way or the other, based on what I've seen thus far, I'd say we will not make the playoffs.

Will I keep watching? Of course! I made it through the 90's and loved watching them just as much then. I would like a new coach though. It's time.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:59 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes I think we will make the playoffs as I have stated in other threads. I think people are going a little overboard after these last two losses. I'll admit I was probably too down on the team after that Dallas game. I actually feel much more confident after the pats game, they actually played pretty well for the first 3 qtr or so before the wheels completely came off. I don't think anyone really thought we were gonna get beat far worse than we did by Dallas which didn't happen.

We have all seen this before and people always overreact when we lose to good teams. Like it or not this team always loses to the good ones and racks up wins against the mediocre ones. The schedule gets a lot more manageable from here on out so the bengals will get on a run against inferior opponents as usual.

That said I don't think we win a playoff game because we can't beat the playoff caliber teams as usual. I voted that way,  make the playoffs and lose. That said I won't completely rule out a win because all it takes is the team getting hot at the right time to change the annual playoff collapse

Exactly how i feel LF40, great post. Rock On

If only we had Billings.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 05:20 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think it's possible. Not because I think the Bengals are a great team, but the AFC North is pretty weak in all honesty. Pitt looked dreadful against Miami and Philly. Even with Ben in, they had 21 passing yards before Ben threw his first INT.

The Ravens aren't really that good. Plus, Flacco is hurt. Sure, they said he's likely to play, but it's his throwing arm and it has irritation. This is the same guy that played a game or 2 with an ACL injury last year. If he's not practicing, then it may be something to worry about.

Also, fun fact. Outside of playing each other in the AFC North, the teams are 7-12 against teams not in their division.

Ravens are 2-3, Steelers are 3-2, and Bengals are 2-3.

Good stuff Wolf. Even with Ben the refs had to help the Steelers beat us. We gave Ben lots of problems that game.

Andy clearly outplayed him and should of had atleast one more TD that was taken away. I am hoping both us and
the Steelers make the Playoffs cause i seriously we can beat them cause they are not coached as well as the great
teams out there like New England and Denver.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 12:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff Wolf. Even with Ben the refs had to help the Steelers beat us. We gave Ben lots of problems that game.

Andy clearly outplayed him and should of had atleast one more TD that was taken away. I am hoping both us and
the Steelers make the Playoffs cause i seriously we can beat them cause they are not coached as well as the great
teams out there like New England and Denver.

I think the Steelers are vastly overrated. If you rattle Ben and don't give him time, you win that game. Even look at the Bengals-Steelers game. He had a few deep shots because he had all the time in the world.

The Steelers are not a good team overall.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think the Steelers are vastly overrated. If you rattle Ben and don't give him time, you win that game. Even look at the Bengals-Steelers game. He had a few deep shots because he had all the time in the world.

This goes for every team in the league.  If you don't give their quarterback time to throw, chances are you're going to do well.  Difference with Ben is his ability to create plays and buy time more than most others.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This goes for every team in the league.  If you don't give their quarterback time to throw, chances are you're going to do well.  Difference with Ben is his ability to create plays and buy time more than most others.

Big Ben does get around for a bigger guy and is hard to take down.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think the Steelers are vastly overrated. If you rattle Ben and don't give him time, you win that game. Even look at the Bengals-Steelers game. He had a few deep shots because he had all the time in the world.

Yeah, which is why i hope we both play again in the Wildcard. I think we might be able to get that monkey off our backs against them.
Reply/Quote
Yes. We will win 5 straight and finish 10-6. We grab the last spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:25 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The Bengals are not as good as last year, but the AFC North is not as good as last year.

Gentle Ben is out 4 to 6 weeks and Andy Dalton is playing very well.

I think we have a 50 percent chance making the playoffs.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. AFCN is weak, Ravens stink and Ben is out 4-6 (the Steelers weren't overly impressive even with him). The rest of the schedule looks like a breeze compared to @Cowboys, vs Broncos, @Pats and @Steeler. 

I'd say we finish 9-7 or 10-6, with an outside shot at the division, but a road WC game is more likely.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I see that 16 people voted for "We will Make the Playoffs and Win", so far. I'm pretty sure none of them have watched the team play a game yet this year. Either that or they are stuck in 1988 when we had a coach with balls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 06:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This pretty much sums up how I feel. AFCN is weak, Ravens stink and Ben is out 4-6 (the Steelers weren't overly impressive even with him). The rest of the schedule looks like a breeze compared to @Cowboys, vs Broncos, @Pats and @Steeler. 

I'd say we finish 9-7 or 10-6, with an outside shot at the division, but a road WC game is more likely.

Yeah... I thought that the AFCN was going to be weak before the season started. I think I even made a thread about it lol. I just didn't think that the Bengals would be as bad as we are right now. I thought that we could play worse than last year, but I didn't think we would play this much worse.
Reply/Quote
Going purely with my head, and I pray I am wrong, I don't see this team suddenly finding desire. They have the talent but no guts, no nuts, so likely no playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The situation isn't really that bad...I doubt anyone on here thinks Baltimore will win this division or finish higher than the Bengals. They had some real weaklings early. putzburgh is two games ahead (three, really, when you consider the head to head), but they have the pats this weekend and Pig Ben is out polishing his drama queen tiara.

The Bengals SHOULD be one game back after today and they have the opportunity to beat pitt head to head at home to even the score.

All that being said, I just see so little fire in this team. There hasn't been one complete game played by them all year. The Miami game was just a competition of who sucked less...ugly. They don't seem capable (or willing?) of making adjustments. They play a game of "let's hope the other team makes a mistake" and most teams simply won't. Burnt toast tried to roast me for talking about the lack of safety or corner blitzes (facts got in his way again) but my point was more one of what do the Bengals do to FORCE turnovers? Blindside QB hits. Force bad throws in to INTs. Not much. They play to not give up the big play (shades of Bresh...and a cold chill runs down my spine) and that is not what inspires a team to play hard.

I know, I know...there are coaches that aren't ra ra...they are professionals and should play hard 100% of the time. I understand this line of thinking but it is human nature. When they aren't ever attacking, they are playing soft. That is true for both the offense and defense. The stupid slide blocking scheme doesn't allow an olineman to fire off the ball and hit someone. It is paddy-cake. Look at how Dallas runs the ball and you will see what I mean. It isn't just the RB.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The situation isn't really that bad...I doubt anyone on here thinks Baltimore will win this division or finish higher than the Bengals. They had some real weaklings early.  putzburgh is two games ahead (three, really, when you consider the head to head), but they have the pats this weekend and Pig Ben is out polishing his drama queen tiara.  

The Bengals SHOULD be one game back after today and they have the opportunity to beat pitt head to head at home to even the score.  

All that being said, I just see so little fire in this team.  There hasn't been one complete game played by them all year.  The Miami game was just a competition of who sucked less...ugly.  They don't seem capable (or willing?) of making adjustments.  They play a game of "let's hope the other team makes a mistake" and most teams simply won't.  Burnt toast tried to roast me for talking about the lack of safety or corner blitzes (facts got in his way again) but my point was more one of what do the Bengals do to FORCE turnovers?  Blindside QB hits.  Force bad throws in to INTs.  Not much.  They play to not give up the big play (shades of Bresh...and a cold chill runs down my spine) and that is not what inspires a team to play hard.

I know, I know...there are coaches that aren't ra ra...they are professionals and should play hard 100% of the time.  I understand this line of thinking but it is human nature.  When they aren't ever attacking, they are playing soft.  That is true for both the offense and defense.  The stupid slide blocking scheme doesn't allow an olineman to fire off the ball and hit someone.  It is paddy-cake.  Look at how Dallas runs the ball and you will see what I mean.  It isn't just the RB.

I agree with most of what you said, but let's be honest, when was the last time you saw fire in this team? Marvin may as well change his title to firefighter because he hates all passion and energy. I haven't seen real fire from this team on a consistent basis since 09. Yet somehow (by beating up on the weak teams) they keep making the playoffs. They are set up nicely to do the same this year if you look at the schedule 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The situation isn't really that bad...I doubt anyone on here thinks Baltimore will win this division or finish higher than the Bengals. They had some real weaklings early.  putzburgh is two games ahead (three, really, when you consider the head to head), but they have the pats this weekend and Pig Ben is out polishing his drama queen tiara.  

All that being said, I just see so little fire in this team.  There hasn't been one complete game played by them all year.  The Miami game was just a competition of who sucked less...ugly.  They don't seem capable (or willing?) of making adjustments.  They play a game of "let's hope the other team makes a mistake" and most teams simply won't.  Burnt toast tried to roast me for talking about the lack of safety or corner blitzes (facts got in his way again) but my point was more one of what do the Bengals do to FORCE turnovers?  Blindside QB hits.  Force bad throws in to INTs.  Not much.  They play to not give up the big play (shades of Bresh...and a cold chill runs down my spine) and that is not what inspires a team to play hard.

I know, I know...there are coaches that aren't ra ra...they are professionals and should play hard 100% of the time.  I understand this line of thinking but it is human nature.  When they aren't ever attacking, they are playing soft.  That is true for both the offense and defense.  The stupid slide blocking scheme doesn't allow an olineman to fire off the ball and hit someone.  It is paddy-cake.  Look at how Dallas runs the ball and you will see what I mean.  It isn't just the RB.

The coaching has been lame but in the end it is up to the players to bring the fire.

I have seen fire this year from Dalton, Burfict and Sims, lets hope with Eifert back we start to see some of the play from last year.

I am not giving up yet, the players are not soft.

(10-23-2016, 12:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I agree with most of what you said, but let's be honest, when was the last time you saw fire in this team? Marvin may as well change his title to firefighter because he hates all passion and energy. I haven't seen real fire from this team on a consistent basis since 09. Yet somehow (by beating up on the weak teams) they keep making the playoffs. They are set up nicely to do the same this year if you look at the schedule 

Consistent fire is rare, don't see that from any team except maybe the Vikings and Pats right now and it could
flare out at any time. Hopefully we are about to ignite at the right time to make that big run. It is not like our
weaknesses are not correctable. Just sucks that we have the coaches that we have.
Reply/Quote