Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Westerman get a shot this year at Center.
We all know the issue we have with Bodine at center, except for Paul Alexander. I believe Westerman was drafted to be our future Center, but it looks like the future is now. Check out who the NFL draft site compares him to. Will he get his shot THIS YEAR, or will we keep rolling Bodine out there and hoping for the Best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It depends. You don't just get handed a starting spot because someone else is doing badly. You also have to perform better in practice than them and show you want the start more. If Westerman can show the coaches that he is better, then we should definitely start him.
Reply/Quote
Bodine played his best game of the year last night (though he had a couple more boneheaded plays and the bad snap) and going against that DL, it's not that bad.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I doubt Westerman will be able to be the center this year unless Bodine gets injured. Westerman hasn't really played center before, and playing center takes a lot more smarts than what you would think. Westerman would have to learn a whole lot in a little amount of time.
Reply/Quote
No. Until and if they let Alexander go, Bodine stays the starter. Alexander has publicly said he is angry about the criticizm and that Bodine is one of the best the team has had.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bodine played his best game of the year last night (though he had a couple more boneheaded plays and the bad snap) and going against that DL, it's not that bad.

He graded out to be our 4th best offensive player vs Miami via PFF.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:27 AM)milksheikh Wrote: He graded out to be our 4th best offensive player vs Miami via PFF.

Blind squirrel syndrome Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Can he play RG? As much as everyone wants to rip Bodine, because it's the popular talking point whether he is good or bad, I'd say Zeitler is right there with being as bad this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Blind squirrel syndrome Ninja

Zeitler's been a dumpster fire this season so farcompared to Bodine. He had several false starts last night AT home and it was perfectly quiet. Runs to his side end up washing out as trash more often than not as well. I'm not sure what's wrong with him but that dude is a mess right now.
Reply/Quote
zeitler and Bodine have been way below average.

Has Zietker dropped off because Smith is gone?  Honestly, what is wrong with him.

Our new RT is still learning. Same with Fisher.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:53 AM)James Brooks Wrote: No. Until and if they let Alexander go, Bodine stays the starter. Alexander has publicly said he is angry about the criticizm and that Bodine is one of the best the team has had.

Alexander is such a stubborn f*****g idiot. This is like the whole Eric Gutcheck/Nate Livings thing all over again. Alexander has a hard on for "projects" and constantly hypes up terrible lineman like they're worth a damn. God only knows why. Dude doesn't have a damn clue and should have been gone decades ago
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We all know the issue we have with Bodine at center, except for Paul Alexander. I believe Westerman was drafted to be our future Center, but it looks like the future is now. Check out who the NFL draft site compares him to. Will he get his shot THIS YEAR, or will we keep rolling Bodine out there and hoping for the Best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

I doubt it. Wish the coaches would even attempt to address our biggest weakness but with PA's love for this
weakness i just don't see it happening. Hell i would do what Sunset says and just move Boling to Center and
Whit to LG with Fisher at LT to see how it goes. Cannot be any worse.

Just doubt they address the obvious problem with PA as the OL coach.
Reply/Quote
I don't recall seeing Westerman snap the ball a single time in preseaseaon. If he wasn't playing center during preseason, I doubt they are planning on playing him there this season.
Reply/Quote
Guys,

We TRADED UP FOR BODINE!!!!

We can't give up on him (sarcasm)
Reply/Quote
To say Bodine had his best game this year in a game where he still got no push and ate least once let his man in unblocked is pretty scary.

The common thread seems to be Piano Man's inability to coach up interior linemen. Our best interior linemen have come through signing players already coached up in other teams (like Bobbie Williams). Meanwhile Piano Man can only point to 1 or 2 he has successfully coached up (and arguably in one of those cases the player went outside for technique training - Braham) while giving us such HOF players as Eric Ghiacuc, Nate Livings, Stacy Andrews and so on. He does okay with tackles but there is something about his technique for interior linemen that is deficient.
Reply/Quote
I believe that when the center is weak the guards are greatly effected.
Reply/Quote
You ever think that maybe westerman just isn't all that good? For all we know, Paul Alexander can't wait for westerman to oust bodine from the starting job but he just isn't good enough to do it. So why make brown grass browner grass, The grass isn't always greener.

Reply/Quote
Well since Bodine has color stills of a butt naked Alexander playing the piano at midfield at PBS I think he will stay the starting center. How else would he even be on the 53 man roster let alone a starter?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:51 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I believe that when the center is weak the guards are greatly effected.

He has been weak for a while, but Zeitler appears to have gotten worse this year in a strange contract year decline. As a positive if we think this is an outlier it could help us resign him cheap.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:27 AM)milksheikh Wrote: He graded out to be our 4th best offensive player vs Miami via PFF.

Eric Ghiaciuc also had a few good games in his 3 years starting for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote