Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the AFCN be a "weak" division this season?
Saw this question posed in a JN thread, and thought it would be interesting to get the opinions and perspective from fans of all teams in the division.

So let me ask; Do you feel like the division will be stronger or weaker this season, and how do you feel your respective team will do this year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
3 of the 4 teams are weak.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:23 PM)jason Wrote: 3 of the 4 teams are weak.

i agree, bengals, browns, and ravens are weak
People suck
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:23 PM)jason Wrote: 3 of the 4 teams are weak.

(06-24-2016, 12:25 PM)Griever Wrote: i agree, bengals, browns, and ravens are weak

See, this is why we can't have nice things!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, this is why we can't have nice things!

lol

but seriously, it will come down to the bengals/steelers again

so its kind of difficult to say if its a strong/weak division yet
People suck
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:34 PM)Griever Wrote: lol

but seriously, it will come down to the bengals/steelers again

so its kind of difficult to say if its a strong/weak division yet

I agree, if both teams stay healthy, both Bengals and Steelers could be 11-12 win teams.  I see the Ravens as an 8 or 9 win team, as they lost a lot of close games, even after being decimated by injuries.  Browns will still be the Browns 5 wins, maybe.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
pitts biggest question mark is the difference

if it can play on an average-good level, i could see 13 wins (if the offense keeps playing at the level it did)
People suck
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 01:31 PM)Griever Wrote: pitts biggest question mark is the difference

if it can play on an average-good level, i could see 13 wins (if the offense keeps playing at the level it did)

From a rivals point of view, It'll be interesting to see them transition to a new TE1, now that Miller has retired.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 01:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From a rivals point of view, It'll be interesting to see them transition to a new TE1, now that Miller has retired.

yeah im not too thrilled about that, i'll miss heath. he was my favorite player
People suck
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 02:16 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah im not too thrilled about that, i'll miss heath. he was my favorite player

And you'll be missing Bryant, making it easier to double Brown and to devote more attention to him.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 02:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And you'll be missing Bryant, making it easier to double Brown and to devote more attention to him.

If there is one team that always seems to have a backup plan, it's Pittsburgh.  Remember last year, when everyone was questioning how well their OL would perform?  Though not top of the charts, their OL was very good in critical situations.  So, them finding another body to share the load at WR, particularly with the quantity of qualified bodies that emerge each season, is not really a big worry.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Crazy if you ask me. 

The Ravens had way too many injuries to overcome last year and I've learned to never count them out. They always find a way to be competitive. They will be in the mix again.

3 good teams and then the Browns. I'd say easily the best in the NFL, but Im biased.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Browns and Ravens fans have either given up on the boards, or are just too timid to speak. Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Picking games now will be like picking which days it's going to snow in February.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 10:51 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Picking games now will be like picking which days it's going to snow in February.

Agreed, I wasn't looking for anyone to commit to any specific predictions.  Just give your general opinion, and maybe a little bit about why you feel that way.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Browns have too many holes, 3-6 wins

Ravens are definitely better than last year, but I still think they need a few more reliable offensive weapons to make it to the playoffs. A close 7-9 win season, and hell, they will probably ruin the day of the Bengals or Steelers at some point or another in the season. The odd man out between the 3 of us seems to always keep the race close for the man in 2nd.

Steelers have a good team, but the health of Ben would concern me if I was a fan of their team. If he starts all 16 games, the Steelers could be a 12 win team. If he has injury issues again, I think they have a wildcard type of year, 9-11 wins.

The Bengals (and im biased) still have the most complete team in the division. Then again, they might have the worst coach in the division. It's safe to bet on a 10-12 win season and another trip to the playoffs (whatever that is worth here in Cincinnati).

Rereading what I wrote, there are 3 teams with real playoff potential. Seems like a strong division to me.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, if both teams stay healthy, both Bengals and Steelers could be 11-12 win teams.  I see the Ravens as an 8 or 9 win team, as they lost a lot of close games, even after being decimated by injuries.  Browns will still be the Browns 5 wins, maybe.

Ravens will be right on Pitt and Cincy's toes.

People forget how they were neck in neck in most of their games despite how much they lost. They're playing much weaker division opponents as well.

10+ wins for Baltimore. AFCN fans will be sweating bullets towards the end of the season if the AFC South/West take a wild card spot (or potentially two)
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like the Browns and Ravens fans have either given up on the boards, or are just too timid to speak.  Ninja

There are no Browns fans here. I can't really say what this team will look like in June. If the team is healthy, I'd expect it to contribute to making the North a tough division. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 01:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From a rivals point of view, It'll be interesting to see them transition to a new TE1, now that Miller has retired.

(06-24-2016, 02:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And you'll be missing Bryant, making it easier to double Brown and to devote more attention to him.

From what I have heard, and I do NOT follow much in the off season like signings and draft picks, the TE they signed is better at receiving than Miller was.  Might take some of the pressure off Bryant not being there even if they can't stretch the field the same way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: From what I have heard, and I do NOT follow much in the off season like signings and draft picks, the TE they signed is better at receiving than Miller was.  Might take some of the pressure off Bryant not being there even if they can't stretch the field the same way.

He has potential but also has been up an down with the Chargers and no way has the track record and relationship with Ben that Miller had.. 
Reply/Quote