Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the AFCN be a "weak" division this season?
(08-19-2016, 03:37 PM)kevin Wrote: NO.....as usual the AFC North will be one of the hardest divisions in the NFL. ...At the top you have the Steelers, yes, the Steelers because they won in play-offs and we never do.  ...Of course you have the Bengals who have had 5 straight play-off seasons. Most of that team is back and the hope is the 2011 draft picks to now are going to reach their veteran age and full potential and go Super Bowl.....Then you have a Baltimore Super Bowl team that got old, but has added the needed youth to be one tough game for any team to play.....Then add Hue Jackson now at Cleveland. Hue will surprise people how fast he turns the Browns around.  They will be no easy team to play in 2016. Hue with his wide open offense but pounding the rock running. RG3 gives Hue the perfect weapon for his wide open offense as does Pryor. These guys can run, pass, throw, and Hue Jackson as Bengal fans know will have some wild plays that no defense has ever seen before.  Hue loves that split O Line for wide screen passes.  I didn't think much of it in Cincy, but he may just have some players to run it in Cleveland.  He knows the AFC North teams pretty good now, and their weaknesses.

No, as usual the Bengals are in what has historically been one of the hardest, hard hitting divisions in football.  You play the Steelers twice a year, you better strap that chin strap on tight.  The Bengals defense can flat out hit also. That ain't touch football the Ravens and Browns will be laying on people. After teams play any of these 4, they will be pretty stoved up, hardly able to move, ready for that whirlpool.

Man, I am getting amped!  As I read what you wrote, some of that music from the old NFL Films, started playing in my head.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Quote:No, as usual the Bengals are in what has historically been one of the hardest, hard hitting divisions in football. You play the Steelers twice a year, you better strap that chin strap on tight. The Bengals defense can flat out hit also. That ain't touch football the Ravens and Browns will be laying on people. After teams play any of these 4, they will be pretty stoved up, hardly able to move, ready for that whirlpool.

bunch of story line hogwash.
No one is getting hit any harder or lesser in any other game.
They dont decide to hit harder because they are playing this or that team.
what? you think they want to risk injury just because its a bigger rivalry?
every game has a couple hits the cameras like to make a big deal about. Its the same every week in every game.

its the media pumping crap up
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 05:50 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: bunch of story line hogwash.
No one is getting hit any harder or lesser in any other game.
They dont decide to hit harder because they are playing this or that team.
what? you think they want to risk injury just because its a bigger rivalry?
every game has a couple hits the cameras like to make a big deal about. Its the same every week in every game.

its the media pumping crap up

Is that why the Bengals playing Steelers last game of 2014 season injured so many players on each team in that game that both teams were too injured in the play-offs because they had eliminated each other before the play-offs....or how about the injuries in Bengals/ Steelers games last year and the out of control play-off game...  There is no reason for Bengals to hate the Jets, but when they play Steelers the next week, they will pick that fight up where they left off. ......Not only do they risk injury in these rival games, but Bengals and Steelers injure each other so much if they play at end of season, that they don't have enough healthy players left for a run in the play-offs. .......We can throw in Carson Palmer 1995 and Rivers getting sucker punched after a play for a broken jaw. .......Those Ravens vs Steelers games have been very hard hitting.....Browns vs Steelers, Bengals or or the old Browns Ravens are all rival games. .......Most NFL people understand that this is always one tough division that has more than it's share of Super Bowl teams over the years. ....THe question was is this a weak division.  This is NEVER a weak division and when teams play an AFC NORTH team, they better strap that chin strap on tight.  Because of the cold weather, and for other reasons, all the teams in the AFC North are forced to play hard smash mouth football.  Teams in warm weather sometimes go with all speed.  AFC North teams have to play smash mouth football. 

the Bengals vs Steelers games the last few years ????.......Those were not your every week football games.....Did they risk getting injured ???....That's all they do is injure each other.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well, at this point in the season, looks like the AFCN is a weak division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote