Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bengals be using the new practice bubble....
Wouldn’t be surprised if they mix it up. They are going to a cold environment so I am sure there is something to at least having one practice in the cold.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:33 PM)BengalRed Wrote: this coming week? It's going to be cold all week. I drove over the Brent Spence Bridge a few days ago and wow, it really sticks out.

They built it just to look pretty from the bridges and so people stopped asking about it..
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They built it just to look pretty from the bridges and so people stopped asking about it..

I think they did it to shut McAfee up.
Reply/Quote
Today the team is practicing inside.....Paycor Stadium

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 09:21 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wouldn’t be surprised if they mix it up. They are going to a cold environment so I am sure there is something to at least having one practice in the cold.

These days, it's never really about being acclimated to the weather. It's more about being able to practice your game plan in the best conditions possible. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Folks sure do get a might cranky 'round these parts during the bye week.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Not a bright question. Moving on.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 03:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: These days, it's never really about being acclimated to the weather. It's more about being able to practice your game plan in the best conditions possible. 

Well they practiced/walkthrough outside today… so…
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:14 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I think they did it to shut McAfee up.

im not sure shutting him up is possible lol
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:33 PM)BengalRed Wrote: this coming week? It's going to be cold all week. I drove over the Brent Spence Bridge a few days ago and wow, it really sticks out.

Yep, been using it a lot for about a month. Most assuredly this week. Gonna be a cold game though, might want to practice 
in the cold first as well so we are more prepared for it. Need to pound the ball on these bastids like we did on the Panthers.

Make them hurt, sumbitches. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, been using it a lot for about a month. Most assuredly this week. Gonna be a cold game though, might want to practice 
in the cold first as well so we are more prepared for it. Need to pound the ball on these bastids like we did on the Panthers.

Make them hurt, sumbitches. Whatever

Thanks for the straightforward response. More than I can say for some of our fellow forum members. One would think I was the most misinformed person on the planet. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 03:18 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Thanks for the straightforward response. More than I can say for some of our fellow forum members. One would think I was the most misinformed person on the planet. ThumbsUp

No prob. Cool

Nah, you just have more important things to do than always be on here. I am usually on here after a win and not when we lose.

I did know we have been practicing in the bubble for about a month though, looks nice too if you want to check it out it is in the 
practice bubble thread that I believe Pally started...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No prob. Cool

Nah, you just have more important things to do than always be on here. I am usually on here after a win and not when we lose.

I did know we have been practicing in the bubble for about a month though, looks nice too if you want to check it out it is in the 
practice bubble thread that I believe Pally started...

Thanks. I checked it out after someone told me that there were pics posted. It's great that our team is catching up with the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
I understand why OP interpreted the tone of responses as prickly. The question was fine. I wasn’t sure myself.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I seen that practice bubble when I was there for the Atlanta game. Such a beautiful sight!
Reply/Quote
today the team is preparing to play in Pittsburgh's outdoor stadium...no bubble today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 03:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: These days, it's never really about being acclimated to the weather. It's more about being able to practice your game plan in the best conditions possible. 

Is there another reason they practiced outside in less than 35 degree weather in their 3 practices?? Lazy, don’t want to walk? Or maybe like ZT said, when it’s weather like this (snow, rain) and that’s the condition your going to play in “take advantage of it.”
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 12:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is there another reason they practiced outside in less than 35 degree weather in their 3 practices?? Lazy, don’t want to walk? Or maybe like ZT said, when it’s weather like this (snow, rain) and that’s the condition your going to play in “take advantage of it.”

If they're playing indoors or a moderate climate, use it. If they're playing in the elements, and your weather/temp isn't a hinderance, then practice in the elements. 

Bitter cold and precipitation aren't good for prepping for a game. Weather you can deal with isn't such a biggie. 35 degrees isn't really cold. I don't even wear a coat for most trips unless it hits 20. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 03:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If they're playing indoors or a moderate climate, use it. If they're playing in the elements, and your weather/temp isn't a hinderance, then practice in the elements. 

Bitter cold and precipitation aren't good for prepping for a game. Weather you can deal with isn't such a biggie. 35 degrees isn't really cold. I don't even wear a coat for most trips unless it hits 20. 

Hmmm.. your back must be sore from moving that goal post.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 03:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hmmm.. your back must be sore from moving that goal post.

I'm...not sure what you're trying to say. 

I get the feeling that you're disputing what i said, but i don't think we're saying different things. 

I've never changed the goal posts from saying that the greatest benefit for an indoor facility is so that you can practice your gameplan without having to fight the elements. And i don't think it's a bad idea to practice outside if it's incliment. I just think you have to be smart and if conditions are affecting practice, do it indoors. 

I've never been of the belief that you have a bubble so that when the temp drops below 40, you head inside so that your players are more comfortable. 

Reply/Quote