Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bengals be using the new practice bubble....
(11-18-2022, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm...not sure what you're trying to say. 

I get the feeling that you're disputing what i said, but i don't think we're saying different things. 

I've never changed the goal posts from saying that the greatest benefit for an indoor facility is so that you can practice your gameplan without having to fight the elements. And i don't think it's a bad idea to practice outside if it's incliment. I just think you have to be smart and if conditions are affecting practice, do it indoors. 

I've never been of the belief that you have a bubble so that when the temp drops below 40, you head inside so that your players are more comfortable. 

I heard Mo Egger today say (paraphrasing) "why have an indoor practice facility if they're not going to use it in 30s degree weather". I would think that the main purpose is to use it when it's raining at 30 degrees, or sleeting/freezing raining, or snowing making it a real possibility of injury on an outdoor practice field. Not to mention practicing in temps that are hovering around 0.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If it was colder or we had been practicing in the cold in Cincinnati, I could see being mad about practicing outside, but it's the first game in the cold, so we want to get our players used to getting some contact in the cold and let the quarterbacks, receivers, and running backs get a little taste of catching/carrying/throwing in the cold.

Two days ago, it was in the 60s and 70s here in Cinci, so the players haven't even tasted much of the cold in normal life, much-less while playing football.

No harm in this, but let's hope that we don't keep it up for much longer, especially if it gets even colder but, in typical Cinci style weather, it looks like it's supposed to be 20 degrees warmer all of next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm...not sure what you're trying to say. 

I get the feeling that you're disputing what i said, but i don't think we're saying different things. 

I've never changed the goal posts from saying that the greatest benefit for an indoor facility is so that you can practice your gameplan without having to fight the elements. And i don't think it's a bad idea to practice outside if it's incliment. I just think you have to be smart and if conditions are affecting practice, do it indoors. 

I've never been of the belief that you have a bubble so that when the temp drops below 40, you head inside so that your players are more comfortable. 

“It's more about being able to practice your game plan in the best conditions possible.”-rfaulk34

If this was true, you wouldn’t have teams practicing in sub 30 degree weather snowing. There is very much the element of practicing what you’ll play in.
Reply/Quote