Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles?
(08-29-2021, 08:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I just call it like it is.  I'll be back in January and we'll compare notes and talk again then.

Oh cmon.. You know they'll be the greatest team in the entire history of sports by the end of this season. Don't pretend they've ever been a lousy team. Shitty maybe, but not lousy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good, now go away for 5 months. Who Dey

Will you still be here by when I come back at 5-12?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Will you still be here by when I come back at 5-12?

I have been here since game 1 in 1968, so unless I die, yes.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have been here since game 1 in 1968, so unless I die, yes.

I've been saying the same thing sled since 1991, I'll eat my crow when/if the franchise proves me wrong!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the first half, I watched our 1's and 2's getting ran up the middle on, biting on screens, and continued terrible play from the LB position.  It's going to be a long season, I'm afraid.

Bengals started off with the #2s on D, holmes. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No OT in preseason. Tie is as good as they could have gotten. Might as well go for the win, it doesn't count anyway. The only reason I could see to give the kicker a chance, is to get another kick on tape so they can try to trade him.

True. They were close enough that they could go for the win. Regular season? They go for the tie and OT. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: We'll get em next year!  Cool

Shut up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the first half, I watched our 1's and 2's getting ran up the middle on, biting on screens, and continued terrible play from the LB position.  It's going to be a long season, I'm afraid.

Not a single starter played on D.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not a single starter played on D.

He watched a different game evidently.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals started off with the #2s on D, holmes. 

(08-29-2021, 09:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not a single starter played on D.

Duly noted, but most of those guys are regulars that will be playing in most every game this season.  They sucked ass as a unit, they bit on screens again, making marginal RBs look like stars both running and catching the ball.  Piss poor tackling by the secondary led to several drive extending 1st downs, as well.

Also of note, so much for Chase putting in all of that extra work to get past his case of the dropsies...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Duly noted, but most of those guys are regulars that will be playing in most every game this season.  They sucked ass as a unit, they bit on screens again, making marginal RBs look like stars both running and catching the ball.  Piss poor tackling by the secondary led to several drive extending 1st downs, as well.

Also of note, so much for Chase putting in all of that extra work to get past his case of the dropsies...

A couple guys on the Dline should be in the normal rotation, then maybe a LB or 2 but the guys in the back end probably won't get much time. 

They were playing against a backup QB so you'd expect them to play better. I'm just not ready to write off the regular season based on the play of mostly 3rd and 4th string guys in the preseason. They're entering the season with a pretty good looking team. When they all start getting snaps for an entire game, i'm going to expect them to look pretty good based on past play. 

There's just too much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth for preseason games, if you ask me. 

As far as how they looked on the whole, this game? Up until the last couple drives, they had only given up 14 pts and had a 12 pt lead against a QB that played the entire game. Everyone just needs to shake out the hands, take a deep breath and count down the days till the opener. 

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you really, because our starting D line did not even play..... and I don't remember seeing starting Linebackers out there either.

Our starting D didn’t play a snap.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Will you still be here by when I come back at 5-12?

Lemme get this straight... You're pulling for a 5 win (or less) season to prove how right you are? I'm not even gonna get into how goofy it is to make an assessment about the team from a meaningless game in which the starters barely played.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: Lemme get this straight... You're pulling for a 5 win (or less) season to prove how right you are? I'm not even gonna get into how goofy it is to make an assessment about the team from a meaningless game in which the starters barely played.

Yes, preseason victories are meaningless because it doesn't count.

I guess John Harbaugh will agree to disagree!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: Lemme get this straight... You're pulling for a 5 win (or less) season to prove how right you are? I'm not even gonna get into how goofy it is to make an assessment about the team from a meaningless game in which the starters barely played.

No, I want the franchise to prove me wrong and shut me up with, for starters a playoff win, but not until a Lombardi.

For crying out loud the Browns have been bottom feeders and the first time they make the playoffs they win a game!!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I know it is preseason, but Jesus Christ.........4th and 15 and you give up a 35 yard TD pass to likely lose the game?   Simply pathetic

I would go kick Lou in the balls on that one.  I don't care who you have out there, you NEVER rush just 3 guys in those situations.  It gives the opposing QB time to scramble and receivers to get open.  DUMB!  

That being said, the Bengals were in position to tie it with a FG at the end (and would have normally) and if we are going to lose on a STUPID play like that, it had better be in the preseason.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would go kick Lou in the balls on that one.  I don't care who you have out there, you NEVER rush just 3 guys in those situations.  It gives the opposing QB time to scramble and receivers to get open.  DUMB!  

That being said, the Bengals were in position to tie it with a FG at the end (and would have normally) and if we are going to lose on a STUPID play like that, it had better be in the preseason.  

Being at the game yesterday gave me a “whole field” perspective and that was NOT the only play where the Bengals’ secondary got BLEEPING torched. The second string defensive line did an above average job putting pressure on the Miami quarterback and were that not the case there would have been a lot more completed downfield pass attempts.

On that particular play, however, the entire defense was in the wrong scheme. You’re absolutely right: You should rush four and put a safety over the top.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see the drama queens are already in midseason form.

Made me chuckle, which always earns rep...

Part of it for me are the words "Drama Queen".  It reminded me of when ProFootballTalk.com used to have a "pic of the day" and they had just had enough of Vagiburger being his whiny bytch self.  It was a compilation of Thumbgate (1 and 2), the 104 temp post surgery (really 100.4), and something about the Falcons players hitting him late or in a pile.  

Their pic was Piggy with one of his douchy "woe is me" looks and a tiara photoshopped on his head with a sash that read:  "DRAMA QUEEN" across his  chest.  The caption said something like "They were mean and tried to hit me in the pee-pee".  I laughed for hours, and couldn't stop laughing every time I saw it.  I thought I had is saved, and I had printed it out and hung in my home office (The ex got made and tossed it one day) and now I can't find it, but PFT.com used to have some really funny shit like that. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They mentioned there are 3 teams right now desperate for kickers. If they want Siebert, they'll likely be willing to give something up (late round draft pick) for him to be able to secure him. Heck, with 16 spots on the practice squad, we can stash him.

Sled, just a question regarding the practice squad since you mentioned it, Can the Bengals put Siebert on their practice squad?  Isn't he pretty much waived and then brought back to the practice squad if no one else wants him or did that change?  

I was under the assumption that why would any team trade for Siebert, if on Tuesday the Bengals are gonna cut him anyway.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see the drama queens are already in midseason form.

Well, it's preseason for the drama queens too.    Guess they are ready for the season to start.  
Reply/Quote