Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles?
(08-29-2021, 08:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I just call it like it is.  I'll be back in January and we'll compare notes and talk again then.

So you're not going to be on the boards all season long?

Thank GOD. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 09:33 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Sled, just a question regarding the practice squad since you mentioned it, Can the Bengals put Siebert on their practice squad?  Isn't he pretty much waived and then brought back to the practice squad if no one else wants him or did that change?  

I was under the assumption that why would any team trade for Siebert, if on Tuesday the Bengals are gonna cut him anyway.  

Yes, would be waived, then signed to PS.

Teams may trade if they need a K and don't want to go through the waiver process, which may cause them to lose out on the player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Back end of the roster..... GEEZE.

Yeah the back end of the roster......vs....the back end of the roster.  You don't garner a culture of winning by giving up two TD's in the final 6 minutes to lose.....and you go into the season on a losing note
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, but the point is 3/4s of these guys won't even be on the team next week, so nothing to get your panties in a wad over.

Lol no it isn't anything to get your panties in a wad over......but it is the Bungles any way you look at it
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:18 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: That was a nice play by the guy that caught it. Good pressure on the qb, but he made a nice play to roll away.

Yeah they gotta contain the qb better and do a bit better in coverage there. But these are backups. They actually had a lot of people out there on D that will make the team.

I’m not too concerned. This doesn’t really have any bearing on the regular season. It’s hard to know what to expect yet. It’s good to see a lot of the Bengals seem really confident and expect to win a lot this year. Hopefully that comes to fruition.

I would have liked to see them kick the field goal at the end there as that’s what you would do in the regular season to force OT. But they went for the win. It’s preseason. I think they got all the evaluation in that they needed.

I get what you're saying, but these guys are still professionals (at least they were last night)  plus there is only a limited amount of space to catch a ball on the side of the end zone.  It's not like the guy just outran them for the hail mary.  The DB was an inch away from deflecting it too....o win the game....then the luck  of the Bungles rears its ugly head
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see the drama queens are already in midseason form.

Why not get started early?  I mean we all know what is likely to happen.  Unless you're just one of these people that is bothered by absolutely nothing you'll be a part of the drama queen club after the first couple games lol
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right about there is where you should have stopped. ThumbsUp

Lol doesn't matter. Pre season, regular season, post sea.........oh yeah that's right.......pre season, regular season it'll still be the same old song.  What is the consensus record prediction...5-12??
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: Lemme get this straight... You're pulling for a 5 win (or less) season to prove how right you are? I'm not even gonna get into how goofy it is to make an assessment about the team from a meaningless game in which the starters barely played.

Ok....don't make an assessment on the pre season.  What exactly has changed with the starters on this team to give you any confidence in the regular season?  Having a better O line isn't saying much when you're replacing the worst OL in the league.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 07:58 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Ok....don't make an assessment on the pre season.  What exactly has changed with the starters on this team to give you any confidence in the regular season?  Having a better O line isn't saying much when you're replacing the worst OL in the league.  

Who said I had confidence? Our coaching staff is littered with absolute bums. There have been changes on both sides of the ball though. I'm just not running around prognosticating bad records after a goofy end to a meaningless game when the guys who will suit up in two weeks were chilling.

That dude was doin' it to poke at a traditionally super optimistic member, and then claiming he'd be back to prove how awesome he is at this kind of thing. That's lame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 07:58 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Ok....don't make an assessment on the pre season.  What exactly has changed with the starters on this team to give you any confidence in the regular season?  Having a better O line isn't saying much when you're replacing the worst OL in the league.  

Soooooo...take how Burrow played last year and give him a better Oline. Give him another athletic WR. Give him a healthy Mixon and a younger version of Gio. Give him a better TE room. 

Give the defense a better, deeper Dline and a better back end, which already has one of the best safeties in the league and some young, athletic LBs with a couple years experience now. 

Give the special teams a kicker that can knock it through from 55+. 

Watch how much better the 1st team looked in the first 2 preseason games. 

All that and you're going to sit there and say "What has changed"???

I'm not going to answer that. I'm just going to save links to a few of these types of posts so i won't have to search for them later and ask you and others about it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There were no “Bungles” when Paul Brown was alive. There were no “Bungles” from 2003-2006, certainly not in 2009, and not between 2011-2015.
Reply/Quote
Maybe when our own fans stop calling our team the "Bungles"
Reply/Quote
Stop with the "Bungles" bullshit, already.  That was this idiot's schtick:

[Image: myron-cope-04.jpg]

And, last time I checked, he was still dead.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Board is eating itself early this year.
Reply/Quote
Maybe if Mike Brown sells unfortunately. I hope I’m wrong!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you really, because our starting D line did not even play..... and I don't remember seeing starting Linebackers out there either.

This is without question a better defense than we had last year.Much better.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 07:41 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Yeah the back end of the roster......vs....the back end of the roster.  You don't garner a culture of winning by giving up two TD's in the final 6 minutes to lose.....and you go into the season on a losing note

NFL teams don't care who wins preseason games.  At the end they just want them to end before anyone gets injured.

I can probably give you twenty examples of teams that had great seasons without winning in preseason and the same number of teams who went undefeated in preseasn and stunk in regular season.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 07:58 PM)swilson3828 Wrote:   Having a better O line isn't saying much when you're replacing the worst OL in the league.  

Sad when "fans" love to complain so much that they whine and cry about getting better.

We signed the tenth highest paid RT in the league to replace Hart.

We brought in a new 0-line coach.

And we will have a completely new lineup. Williams, Su'a-filo, and Spain never played together last year.

And finally, I know how much "fans" like you love to spin things in order to shit on the Bengals, but I have to pont out that there were SEVEN teams that allowed a higher sack percentage than the Bengals and also SEVEN teams that had a lower average per carry in the run game.  Our O-line was bad last year, but probably not the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
If OL or LB is next to their name, bring them in for a lookie-loo.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:48 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Stop with the "Bungles" bullshit, already.  That was this idiot's schtick:

[Image: myron-cope-04.jpg]

And, last time I checked, he was still dead.

I'm convinced that little, pipsqueak bastard sold his soul to the devil for a few trophies. 

Mike is pretty old now. He should do the same thing. Twitch

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote