Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Will this make anyone feel better?
(03-17-2017, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess. But it's just typical Bengals to go into a draft that has the best defensive talent in the last 15 years, and weakest Oline talent in the last 2 decades, needing Oline help, and having to spend top picks on Olinemen that in other years would have been 5th and 6th round picks.

So as the top pass rushers, cover corners, safeties, etc get gobbled up early. We'll be focused on the weakest position in the draft.

It's the "Process" though. Right.

^^^^ this
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 03:34 PM)magikod Wrote: lol
nice avatar by the way

What Avatar?
That's me.
News about my death were just Tabloid rumors. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah one more promising tackle prospect would be nice. Someone who is versatile and could play interior as well would be even better.

Anyone know if Moton can play guard?

He was the starting RT at WMU his freshmen, sophomore, and senior years. His junior year he started every game at RG.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Moton will be a very good RG.
In 2015 when he played against the Buckeyes as a RG, he tossed those DL around like rag dolls.

Another guy I'm hoping we are looking at is Julie'n Davenport from Bucknell. Would be a good LT backup and might even jump in middle of the year if Ced falters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 02:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This. 

The Bengals screwed up with their last offensive lineman picks. They could have corrected the entire thing by bringing back Zeit and Whit. Now to fix the problem they are going to draft even more unproven NFL talent while passing on other guys that could help on other parts of their team. What a joke. 

Exactly how i feel. If they want a O lineman in the top 3 rounds it should be a C but of course they wont. The only way I will be happy passing up on so many good Def players is if they trade back out of #9 and use the extra pick for O Line.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 04:46 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Exactly how i feel. If they want a O lineman in the top 3 rounds it should be a C but of course they wont. The only way I will be happy passing up on so many good Def players is if they trade back out of #9 and use the extra pick for O Line.

IF you want a top school player, there is more and more small school players that are starting to work out in the NFL, why? Cause they stay for 4 years and develop well before moving to the NFL.

Guys from big schools tend to jump in their JR year and don't always pan out.
Reply/Quote
Can Moton coach the o line ?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess. But it's just typical Bengals to go into a draft that has the best defensive talent in the last 15 years, and weakest Oline talent in the last 2 decades, needing Oline help, and having to spend top picks on Olinemen that in other years would have been 5th and 6th round picks.

So as the top pass rushers, cover corners, safeties, etc get gobbled up early. We'll be focused on the weakest position in the draft.

It's the "Process" though. Right.

Yup.  It's baffling IMO.

I'm with Carlos on this one.  I don't see the plan.

Not improving.  Let alone treading water.  It just doesn't seem well thought out.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounds silly to me: If you believe the headlines, we will roll with Ogbuehi and Fisher at tackle, Bodine at center, but create a ton of options at RG to replace Zeitler including:
-Andre Smith
-TJ Johnson
-2nd-4th round pick of Taylor Moton

If you told me that Johnson will start at center and Smith will start at RT, and Westerman or a rookie will play RG, I would feel a lot better.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was looking at NFL trade rumors.co and saw this nugget:

Not overly surprising that the Bengals are checking out o-linemen prospects, but Moton is projected as a 3rd rounder by Walter Football. Walter also has the Bengals taking linemen back to back (he has us snapping up Moton as well) in rounds 2 and 3.

So I guess my question is, would you guys feel better about the line after the additions of Andre Smith and a couple solid prospects? Also, are there any particular players that jump out in this draft?

I like Moton a great deal as a long term solution at RG, but I would rather see a player like Forrest Lamp that can also play center.  Of the Guards, I would put Moton #2 behind Lamp.  I really like them both if there at the second round.  

The question is, will we ever feel good about rolling out Ced at LT?  I remain highly skeptical based on what I have seen thus far, but I try to be optimistic.  
Reply/Quote
Yes

We need all the help we can get on OL.

Agree with others though that the Center position should be addressed as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No, I wouldn't.

Because it means we wasted 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2015 to then use them in tne 2nd and 3rd round in 2017. In a VERY weak offensive line class.

They dug the hole, live in it. Draft the talented players, because we need them too. We still need a pass rusher. We still need a LB. We still need speed at the WR position.

Our needs have only increased. Take the more talented players.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Not really. Andre is coming off a torn tricep injury which IR'd him for most of last season. He hasnt had a fully healthy season in years now, and is a health liability. It will be a miracle if he makes it to December without missing any games. And I dont see any rookies making much of an impact for the line for the upcoming season, unless its one of the college elites. Even then chances are slim. Maybe down the road they would, but not for this season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
For me, it's yes and no. I guess a guy like Moton would help bring competition...probably at RG. That's good, but that doesn't keep Ogbuehi and Fisher from being our bookend tackles, and it doesn't stop Bodine from being the center again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 04:23 PM)depthchart Wrote: What Avatar?
That's me.
News about my death were just Tabloid rumors. Mellow
Then you must have a time machine because when I saw you in Death Wish 42, you looked a lot older.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was looking at NFL trade rumors.co and saw this nugget:

Not overly surprising that the Bengals are checking out o-linemen prospects, but Moton is projected as a 3rd rounder by Walter Football. Walter also has the Bengals taking linemen back to back (he has us snapping up Moton as well) in rounds 2 and 3.

So I guess my question is, would you guys feel better about the line after the additions of Andre Smith and a couple solid prospects? Also, are there any particular players that jump out in this draft?

This would make me ecstatic.  Moton is a human bulldog.  I loved watching him play.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
We need all the help we can get in the trenches. Both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 07:36 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We need all the help we can get in the trenches. Both sides of the ball.

Agreed. If we take a guy like this in round 3 or so, it can't be viewed as a bad thing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 05:05 PM)McC Wrote: Then you must have a time machine because when I saw you in Death Wish 42, you looked a lot older.

Death Wish 42 was filmed South of the Border and the water took a toll on me. A little hair dye and being worked on by Jerry Jones' facelift surgeon took 30 years off my looks. Doing great now...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: If one of them is a C, I will do a happy dance.

They need to be seriously looking at Jon Toth. He's a center than can play both guard spots....
Reply/Quote