Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
So far we have not seen any Bengal player kneel for the anthem. In fact, most of our players have been silent on the subject. However, for many players, the President's comments over the weekend have changed things. This morning there were a large number of players kneeling in London and a many others have already said they will protest. Many owners, including Rooney and Kraft have come out in favor of the player's first amendment rights. Mike Brown remains silent on the subject.
So what do you think, will any Bengals take a knee? If so who do you think will do so? And how will Lewis and Brown react if they do? ( not how you think they should react)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(09-24-2017, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: So far we have not seen any Bengal player kneel for the anthem.  In fact, most of our players have been silent on the subject.  However, for many players, the President's comments over the weekend have changed things.  This morning there were a large number of players kneeling in London and a many others have already said they will protest.  Many owners, including Rooney and Kraft have come out in favor of the player's first amendment rights.  Mike Brown remains silent on the subject.
So what do you think, will any Bengals take a knee?  If so who do you think will do so?  And how will Lewis and Brown react if they do? ( not how you think they should react)

Jags and Ravens already did it. Jags owner even joined in.

EDIT: sorry, got distracted and didn't comprehend your entire post

EDIT P.S. Considering how the Bengals have to be dragged into things kicking and screaming...i figure they'll kneel in about 10 years or so.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I'd bet money on yes.
If any Bengals kneel I'm out. So this could be my last day as a Bengals fan and NFL fan.
I don't give a damn about any of the kneeling before the game...but I sure as hell would like to see the Bengals kneeling at the end. 
(09-24-2017, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: So far we have not seen any Bengal player kneel for the anthem.  In fact, most of our players have been silent on the subject.  However, for many players, the President's comments over the weekend have changed things.  This morning there were a large number of players kneeling in London and a many others have already said they will protest.  Many owners, including Rooney and Kraft have come out in favor of the player's first amendment rights.  Mike Brown remains silent on the subject.
So what do you think, will any Bengals take a knee?  If so who do you think will do so?  And how will Lewis and Brown react if they do? ( not how you think they should react)

The most important thing I've gotten out of the London game so far is that Jax is rolling Balt. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-24-2017, 11:08 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't give a damn about any of the kneeling before the game...but I sure as hell would like to see the Bengals kneeling at the end. 

Giant Yup,

I'm hoping they'll start playing the National Anthem before they let the players come out so we can put this thing to rest.

Sick and tired of hearing it !
Kneeling now is completely different. Anyone kneeling now doesn't matter and no one cares cuz it's just because Kaep got a rise out of people by doing it. Same reason people did the ice bucket challenge...

Monkey See Monkey Do
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Even though it is clearly their right to kneel in protest, I do not support these displays. I don't much care for politics to be injected into every facet of our lives. With the NFL losing viewers and sponsors, one would think that they would opt to not have the cameras drawing attention to these acts.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-24-2017, 11:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Monkey See Monkey Do

Oh, you have no ide how much trouble the comment would cause you in a different forum.

WTS, let's all keep it focused on the Bengals in this forum. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-24-2017, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, you have no ide how much trouble the comment would cause you in a different forum.

WTS, let's all keep it focused on the Bengals in this forum. 

Lol I can get away with it cuz I'm from WV it's expected from me.

Beside that's exactly what it is other players seen Kaep get a rise out of people by kneeling now they all want to.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(09-24-2017, 11:13 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Giant Yup,

I'm hoping they'll start playing the National Anthem before they let the players come out so we can put this thing to rest.

Sick and tired of hearing it !

My feelings exactly.
(09-24-2017, 11:08 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't give a damn about any of the kneeling before the game...but I sure as hell would like to see the Bengals kneeling at the end. 

Flaming hot fire post of the day.
No Bengals have kneeled to this point that I know of or I would have been out already. I'm just gonna ignore your insults as it could very well be my last day. If any Bengals kneel I'll come on and say goodbye so I'd rather keep it pleasant
I'm surprised Pacman hasn't already knelt. Players I would think would participate would be Pacman, Hill, Iloka, Dunlap, and Burfict (when he returns). Honestly, if this is something that continues, I would like to see more white players participate in a show of unity.
(09-24-2017, 11:47 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No Bengals have kneeled to this point that I know of or I would have been out already.  I'm just gonna ignore your insults as it could very well be my last day.  If any Bengals kneel I'll come on and say goodbye so I'd rather keep it pleasant

George Iloka took the president to task on twitter yesterday.  You should probably run.  
Like I said if they kneel I'm out. My uncle died for this country and his coffin was wrapped in that flag and that's what it's about for me.
(09-24-2017, 11:50 AM)samhain Wrote: George Iloka took the president to task on twitter yesterday.  You should probably run.  

Yeah, I saw that. George was on a roll yesterday. LOL
(09-24-2017, 11:50 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I'm surprised Pacman hasn't already knelt. Players I would think would participate would be Pacman, Hill, Iloka, Dunlap, and Burfict (when he returns). Honestly, if this is something that continues, I would like to see more white players participate in a show of unity.

Also would not be surprised to see Michael Johnson.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(09-24-2017, 12:04 PM)pally Wrote: Also would not be surprised to see Michael Johnson.  

I was going to add him to my list. I could definitely see it.

After the shit storm that was created by the POTUS yesterday, I'd love to see all 53 and the coaching staff take a knee.