Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
(09-24-2017, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You have your views and I have mine.

Insinuate and call me names for voicing my free speech how I see fit, but typical crap from one who says they want free speech unless they disagree with it. Expected more from you than calling me a hypocrite.

Lets calm down guys. I love you all and even if we lose today that wont change at all. I will be the first to say you guys own us if that happens. We will have lost the last 4, I hope it doesn't happen but big trap game where we could fall flat.
(09-24-2017, 01:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What's the error?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM bengals_myprofilecomments c, bengals_users u WHERE c.cuid=u.uid A' at line 1Query:SELECT COUNT(*) AS rows FROM bengals_myprofilecomments c, bengals_users u WHERE c.cuid=u.uid AND c.userid='1' AND (c.approved='1' OR (c.approved='0' AND c.cuid='189')) AND (c.isprivate='0' OR (c.isprivate='1' AND c.cuid='189')) ORDER BY c.time DESC
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
(09-24-2017, 01:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: From a strictly football standpoint, given what would otherwise happen on the field today, wouldn't it be the Bengals best bet to stay in the locker room the whole day?  Just sayin.

Yes lol "we aren't playing the packers today because of racism and the president...no other reasons..."
 Ninja Ninja Ninja 

PS Aaron Rogers....youve still never beaten us Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Steelers said they are going to stay in the locker room during anthem. And I cant believe I am saying this, but kudos to them for this and what Tomlin said.

"We're not going to play politics," Tomlin told Erdahl. "We're football players, we're football coaches. We're not participating in the anthem today -- not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from the circumstance.

"People shouldn't have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn't be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn't be separated from his teammate who chooses not to."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20801902/pittsburgh-steelers-remain-locker-room-national-anthem
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-24-2017, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You have your views and I have mine.

Insinuate and call me names for voicing my free speech how I see fit, but typical crap from one who says they want free speech unless they disagree with it. Expected more from you than calling me a hypocrite.

Wow brother, sorry you took it that way. I only stated why I personally wouldn't walk away because of it, while having a bit of fun with it as well (hence the smirk). Everyone has the right to make their own call on it. Your views are different than mine, but we can disagree...and that's cool too.
All I know is I have watched a grand total of 1 quarter of non-Bengals football this year so far, and I stopped watching the pregame shows prior to the Bengals games after Week 1 they spent more time talking about Kaepernick than the Bengals.

I don't watch sports with the hope of more politics in my life. If I wanted to watch politics, I would turn on Fox News and CNN. If I wanted to hear some millionaire's political opinions, I would follow them on Twitter. I watch football to relax, enjoy sports, and not have to worry about things.

This is all ruining that. Watching the Bengals is already painful enough with how poorly they're playing. If we then add in me having to hear more about politics while watching the Bengals not score a TD... that's not how I want to spend my Sunday afternoon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-24-2017, 01:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wow brother, sorry you took it that way. I only stated why I personally wouldn't walk away because of it, while having a bit of fun with it as well (hence the smirk). Everyone has the right to make their own call on it. Your views are different than mine, but we can disagree...and that's cool too.

SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM bengals_myprofilecomments c, bengals_users u WHERE c.cuid=u.uid A' at line 1Query:SELECT COUNT(*) AS rows FROM bengals_myprofilecomments c, bengals_users u WHERE c.cuid=u.uid AND c.userid='1' AND (c.approved='1' OR (c.approved='0' AND c.cuid='189')) AND (c.isprivate='0' OR (c.isprivate='1' AND c.cuid='189')) ORDER BY c.time DESC

Here are the messages I get when I click on your profile or starting a thread. 
(09-24-2017, 01:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, as a fan who's stayed with this team through countless incidents of players actually breaking the law, I would feel like a total hypocrite if I said I'm done because they performed a legal activity.  Smirk

I don't think disrespecting the country is the same as putting up with player misdemeanors or bad management. It's on a whole different level.
(09-24-2017, 01:19 PM)packerbacker Wrote: MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

OK, thanks. I'll check it out.
(09-24-2017, 01:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: OK, thanks. I'll check it out.

Thanks buddy.
I dont like it or support it. WTS Trump had no reason to refer as Americans as sons of bitches. Trump basically took a wiffle bat into a bunch of hornets nests. Our own Governor Kasich doesn't support this ass clown Trump needs to go.
This is not about 1st amendment rights. These players are employees, employees of their teams and the NFL. I know I do not have a right to protest or voice my political views while I am working. I am sure that most of you on here also do not. Is there a specific rule to their act? NO but there is clause for acts detrimental to the league. In the long run this may hurt the NFL. I most certainly know that the fans that are paying huge amounts of monies to attend these games can and will voice their opinions if this continues. That voice will be half empty stadiums and dramatic drops in viewership. The majority will speak at that time.

As far as our players, I hope none kneel. I will not denounce my fandom if they do but will be happy if they don't because what they are doing is supporting a cause started by a player that is no longer in the league and pretty much unemployable because of his actions. Kaep talks about social injustice and white privilege, that is awesome, I hope something can be done to right these problems. I also find it backwards that he was adopted in raised in a very privileged white family.

WHODEY and have a great day.
(09-24-2017, 11:05 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If any Bengals kneel I'm out. So this could be my last day as a Bengals fan and NFL fan.

(09-24-2017, 12:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sick of the BS kneeling before games. It is their right to protest. It is Trump's right to tell the world he thinks it is BS. Funny, one group who wants respect has disrespected the free speech of the President.

They kneel and my many years of buying 6 seats in the club section will end after this year. I will speak with my wallet.

(09-24-2017, 01:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: If they do I'm probably done with the NFL

I hope they do kneel.  So we can either watch you bluff, or watch you ditch the Bengals over some protests, when you fully embraced them after the players assaulted multiple people and destroyed some girl's face.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-24-2017, 01:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, as a fan who's stayed with this team through countless incidents of players actually breaking the law, I would feel like a total hypocrite if I said I'm done because they performed a legal activity.  Smirk

Way to  miss the point dude.

It's not hypocritical because, by your own admission, there's a difference between a illegal activity and a legal one. It's not the same thing, so why would it be hypocritical?

Watching this joke of an organization; hoping for the best only to get burned time and time again; that's one thing. Because despite that, there's one thing Bengals football has been for everyone here--an escape.

It's another to get burned year in and year out, and then to see the athletes doing it using our escape as a platform for identity politics.

Why weren't you "done" after the Bengals drafted Mixon, the playoff meltdown, the 2013 loss to San Diego, etc? Well, certain people have certain breaking points. Some have a higher tolerance for BS than others.
(09-24-2017, 01:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Steelers said they are going to stay in the locker room during anthem. And I cant believe I am saying this, but kudos to them for this and what Tomlin said.

"We're not going to play politics," Tomlin told Erdahl. "We're football players, we're football coaches. We're not participating in the anthem today -- not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from the circumstance.

"People shouldn't have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn't be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn't be separated from his teammate who chooses not to."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20801902/pittsburgh-steelers-remain-locker-room-national-anthem

Steelers getting away with blatantly violating NFL rules?

Neverrrrrrrr
(09-24-2017, 01:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Kaep talks about social injustice and white privilege, that is awesome

He also talks about how Fidel Castro is praiseworthy, wears pig-cop socks, and has never voted or even registered to vote in his entire life.

"I kneel for injustice, but I refuse to vote."

EDIT: The fact that I am even spending time on this on what should be a beautiful Sunday, with a Bengals game on later, pisses me off.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
If kneeling does happen, I hope it is every single player out there. And issue a joint statement from the team saying they were kneeling in solidarity in protest of the Orangutan in Chief for injecting his idiocy into the sphere of the NFL. Maybe he will get a message in hopes that maybe someday he should start acting like the President of all Americans and work to bring us together. Not create deeper divisions that we are seeing under him.

And for those that dont visit p&r here, no, I am not a liberal and I am not a fan of Kaep kneeling in the first place.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-24-2017, 01:16 PM)snowy Wrote: Heh. Hiding in the locker room is apparently against league rules, according to a tweet that referenced NFL policy manuals:

"Note: All games must kick off within ten minutes of the end of visiting team introductions. Both teams must be on the field for national anthems in all games."

Sorry Tomlin. The rules apply to you, too. And nobody's buying your statement that you're not going to play politics. Refusal to take a stand is the essence of playing politics. And how dare you make the decision for someone else.

Goodell will allow it 
(09-24-2017, 11:08 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't give a damn about any of the kneeling before the game...but I sure as hell would like to see the Bengals kneeling at the end. 

Double ditto

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-24-2017, 01:44 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Steelers getting away with blatantly violating NFL rules?

Neverrrrrrrr

Bengals should do it too so we can watch Goodell try to justify penalizing the Bengals while also celebrating the Steelers....who knows, he may even be too busy to pull Rooney's **** out of his mouth long enough to penalize us