Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes

Hmmmmm
Reply/Quote
So... does this mean they still aren't running man to man? Or instead does it mean that Marvin is implementing man to man and WJ3 is pleased?....
Reply/Quote
Man to man
Reply/Quote
He could be coming out of the closet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 11:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So... does this mean they still aren't running man to man? Or instead does it mean that Marvin is implementing man to man and WJ3 is pleased?....

I would interpret it as they're going back to man coverage, and he's ready to play a good game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 11:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would interpret it as they're going back to man coverage, and he's ready to play a good game.

I don't doubt either for a minute. It's Marvin's best shot at getting quick results imo.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
While I appreciate the confidence and do think our corners are best suited for man coverage, pretty stupid to give an idea what the Bengals plan on doing with Marv as DC. Hopefully the Ravens aren't lurking players accounts
Reply/Quote
Not really “cryptic” at all, but interesting nonetheless.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 12:35 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: While I appreciate the confidence and do think our corners are best suited for man coverage, pretty stupid to give an idea what the Bengals plan on doing with Marv as DC. Hopefully the Ravens aren't lurking players accounts

After a play or two it will be aware by all what the D is doing. Saying man to man ro 'zone' does not really mean much to other teams
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Tweeting this out to the world is bold...is that swagger?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 11:09 PM)Synric Wrote: He could be coming out of the closet.

Oh God, don't tell freddy!

Reply/Quote
Fact is you just can't play man coverage every down in the NFL especially if you have a major weakness at a certain posisition like LB. Hardy Nickerson or Preston Brown one on one vs a TE or a RB is bad news for us. Also bunch formations tend to destroy man coverage which we have been seeing a lot. I agree with press coverage at the los but that does not mean it should be man all the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
WJ3 was so good at man coverage last year. I really didn't understand Austin's system having WJ3 play more zone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I hope Marvin took his phone and threw it in the river.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They need to teach Dre how to not be so grabby he has the size and speed to cover he just gets nervous and starts grabbing when he should just mirror the guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 10:47 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Hmmmmm

I like it. It means two things for me. One is that we won't be handing off receivers to safeties deep, which is what gave TB two long TDs. And, the second is that it will free up a 5th rusher to bring pressure.

Reply/Quote
I like it. More aggression means more plays being made, and it will also get the players excited, which this Tweet is proof of.

I'm telling you, for all the shit we give Marvin, I think he knows what he's doing in this one and our team is going to respond.

I'm fired up!
Reply/Quote
Real smart Jackson. Tell Ravens what you are practicing. Jackson is playing awful also, I hope he knows that. Just look at the plays he quit and players ran by him untouched for easy TD. Jackson looked pretty stupid on those. The entire D needs an upgrade and Jackson is no exception.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is exciting, yet pisses me off!

If the strength of our DB's is man coverage, and they were continually put in positions where they were not using their strengths, why the heck didn't the head coach step in and make changes previously?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 06:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Real smart Jackson. Tell Ravens what you are practicing. Jackson is playing awful also, I hope he knows that. Just look at the plays he quit and players ran by him untouched for easy TD. Jackson looked pretty stupid on those. The entire D needs an upgrade and Jackson is no exception.

Oh please. It would take Baltimore all of 2 plays to realize they are running man to man. He didn’t reveal anything substantial.
Reply/Quote