Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes (/Thread-William-Jackson-posts-cryptic-tweet-regarding-defensive-changes)

Pages: 1 2 3

William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Trademark - 11-15-2018

Hmmmmm

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - GreenCornBengal - 11-15-2018

So... does this mean they still aren't running man to man? Or instead does it mean that Marvin is implementing man to man and WJ3 is pleased?....

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - chopperbobby - 11-15-2018

Man to man

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Synric - 11-15-2018

He could be coming out of the closet.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - SunsetBengal - 11-15-2018

(11-15-2018, 11:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So... does this mean they still aren't running man to man? Or instead does it mean that Marvin is implementing man to man and WJ3 is pleased?....

I would interpret it as they're going back to man coverage, and he's ready to play a good game.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - wildcats forever - 11-15-2018

(11-15-2018, 11:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would interpret it as they're going back to man coverage, and he's ready to play a good game.

I don't doubt either for a minute. It's Marvin's best shot at getting quick results imo.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Whodey614 - 11-16-2018

While I appreciate the confidence and do think our corners are best suited for man coverage, pretty stupid to give an idea what the Bengals plan on doing with Marv as DC. Hopefully the Ravens aren't lurking players accounts

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Nicomo Cosca - 11-16-2018

Not really “cryptic” at all, but interesting nonetheless.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - I_C_DeadPeople - 11-16-2018

(11-16-2018, 12:35 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: While I appreciate the confidence and do think our corners are best suited for man coverage, pretty stupid to give an idea what the Bengals plan on doing with Marv as DC. Hopefully the Ravens aren't lurking players accounts

After a play or two it will be aware by all what the D is doing. Saying man to man ro 'zone' does not really mean much to other teams

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Nately120 - 11-16-2018

Tweeting this out to the world is bold...is that swagger?

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - RASCAL - 11-16-2018

(11-15-2018, 11:09 PM)Synric Wrote: He could be coming out of the closet.

Oh God, don't tell freddy!

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - J24 - 11-16-2018

Fact is you just can't play man coverage every down in the NFL especially if you have a major weakness at a certain posisition like LB. Hardy Nickerson or Preston Brown one on one vs a TE or a RB is bad news for us. Also bunch formations tend to destroy man coverage which we have been seeing a lot. I agree with press coverage at the los but that does not mean it should be man all the time.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Bengal Dude - 11-16-2018

WJ3 was so good at man coverage last year. I really didn't understand Austin's system having WJ3 play more zone.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - bfine32 - 11-16-2018

I hope Marvin took his phone and threw it in the river.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - BengalsBong - 11-16-2018

They need to teach Dre how to not be so grabby he has the size and speed to cover he just gets nervous and starts grabbing when he should just mirror the guy.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - BengalChris - 11-16-2018

(11-15-2018, 10:47 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Hmmmmm

I like it. It means two things for me. One is that we won't be handing off receivers to safeties deep, which is what gave TB two long TDs. And, the second is that it will free up a 5th rusher to bring pressure.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - BFritz21 - 11-16-2018

I like it. More aggression means more plays being made, and it will also get the players excited, which this Tweet is proof of.

I'm telling you, for all the shit we give Marvin, I think he knows what he's doing in this one and our team is going to respond.

I'm fired up!

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - kevin - 11-16-2018

Real smart Jackson. Tell Ravens what you are practicing. Jackson is playing awful also, I hope he knows that. Just look at the plays he quit and players ran by him untouched for easy TD. Jackson looked pretty stupid on those. The entire D needs an upgrade and Jackson is no exception.

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Daddy-O - 11-16-2018

This is exciting, yet pisses me off!

If the strength of our DB's is man coverage, and they were continually put in positions where they were not using their strengths, why the heck didn't the head coach step in and make changes previously?

RE: William Jackson posts cryptic tweet regarding defensive changes - Rubekahn29 - 11-16-2018

(11-16-2018, 06:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Real smart Jackson. Tell Ravens what you are practicing. Jackson is playing awful also, I hope he knows that. Just look at the plays he quit and players ran by him untouched for easy TD. Jackson looked pretty stupid on those. The entire D needs an upgrade and Jackson is no exception.

Oh please. It would take Baltimore all of 2 plays to realize they are running man to man. He didn’t reveal anything substantial.