Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Williams, Carman, Karras, Cappa, Collins
...As per Bengals.Com Depth Chart

...and Smith, Volson, Hill, Adeniji, Prince

....Plus Hurst, Sample, Wilcox

THIS is the BLOCKING ready to GO. Of course the first #1 pick under Zac Taylor at Left Tackle. From Center to Right Tackle all Big Free Agent Signings as soon as Free Agency started in March. Carman at Left Guard.

It is said you win with Defense. It is also said the best Defense is a good Offense. I say the best quarterback ever can not win without Blocking. I also say every Super Bowl Winner or before that NFL Championship Winner, had Great Blocking. As far back as Knute Rockne saying nothing against quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, but you can not win without Blocking and Tackling.

So THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP BENGALS did THE RIGHT THING in Free Agency. The whole world saw the Bengals weakness in The Super Bowl as the Blocking wore down in the 2nd Half and by 4th quarter was Dominated by Rams Defense. Add this to Burrow the most sacked quarterback in NFL, and before Burrow it was Dalton and before Dalton it was Palmer. As far back as Klingler this team failed to do the most important thing in football for 30 years, PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK.

So it is Right that The Bengals addressed O LINE BLOCKING big in Free Agency. If this team has any hopes of returning to The Super Bowl, it will need much better BLOCKING.

This looks like a good group of Blockers. If like the Munoz & Montoya Lines they can FIRE OFF and BLOCK and OPEN RUN and PASS LANES and GIVE QB TIME TO GET THE PLAY OFF AS DESIGNED, then THE BENGALS COULD GO ALL THE WAY.

and this is my O LINE POST, for next weeks is Steelers Week already. I AM GLAD that I deo not have to complain that Bengals again did not address the O Line, as I had to complain so many years and decades.

THIS O LINE gives HOPE that the Bengals WILL have good Offense and the Best Defense is a Good Offense, and These Hogs as Washington use to call them, Will Bull Doze this team Down The Field and PROTECT THE QB.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey AFC CHAMPS Who Dey Tiger

BEAT PITTSBURGH
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Max Scharping we picked up from the Texans

2021 SEASON STATS
OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED
PENALTIES
3T
SACKS ALLOWED
2T
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Max Scharping we picked up from the Texans

2021 SEASON STATS
OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED
PENALTIES
3T
SACKS ALLOWED
2T

Interesting.  Listened to three different local Houston ESPN radio shows last night and this morning, and they all say he's trash and are glad he's gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Max Scharping we picked up from the Texans

2021 SEASON STATS
OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED
PENALTIES
3T
SACKS ALLOWED
2T

He is NOT listed on Bengals.com depth chart, but if Bengals added even more Blocking,  GOOD.   

Understand Bengals will be adding Bengals cut and other players as the Reserve Practice Squad. They need to do that now, as all teams will. Look for Browning put back as Reserve Squad QB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Scharping's career so far seems pretty average-ish:

2020 PFF Overall 52.1 Pass 60.7 Run 48.6

2021 PFF Overall 59.9 Pass 53.8. Run 60.4

2022 Preseason PFF Overall 65.4 Pass 76.7 Run 59.6

I'm not a PFF fan but the stats are what they are. He got 70 snaps this preseason BTW.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Scharping's career so far seems pretty average-ish:

2020 PFF Overall 52.1 Pass 60.7 Run 48.6

2021 PFF Overall 59.9 Pass 53.8. Run 60.4

2022 Preseason PFF Overall 65.4 Pass 76.7 Run 59.6

I'm not a PFF fan but the stats are what they are. He got 70 snaps this preseason BTW.

well to me that looks better than Carman so ....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well to me that looks better than Carman so ....

at this stage, I would very surprised they change up the O Line for the Steelers Game.  

But if they added someone that can help Block......GOOD. ......GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wow no way Carman earned that spot at least not on any film we have seen
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wow no way Carman earned that spot at least not on any film we have seen

Zac said today that Volson was the starter.  Not sure why the depth chart would say any different.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 06:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Zac said today that Volson was the starter.  Not sure why the depth chart would say any different.

Yes congrats to Volson for earning the LG spot per Zac's presser, 4 out of 5 are new starters, look forward to their brick wall around Joe!
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
Excited

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: Interesting.  Listened to three different local Houston ESPN radio shows last night and this morning, and they all say he's trash and are glad he's gone.

Trash is a relative term here. Trash treasure and all that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 07:25 PM)Bengal Jim Wrote: Yes congrats to Volson for earning the LG spot per Zac's presser, 4 out of 5 are new starters, look forward to their brick wall around Joe!

True that Jim. Volson was just enough better than Carman and he works harder than anyone. I think it was the right move
and I always liked Carman before we even drafted him but the draft is a crapshoot and is even harder with O-lineman.

What is so nice this year is how we went out and added 3 bonified veteran starters in Free Agency on the O-line.

Them along with Jonah will be great to learn from and gel with and hopefully we can build a great OL in front of the Joe's.

The Scharping claim really helps the depth too just in case neither Volson or Carman are the answer.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 10:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that Jim. Volson was just enough better than Carman and he works harder than anyone. I think it was the right move
and I always liked Carman before we even drafted him but the draft is a crapshoot and is even harder with O-lineman.

What is so nice this year is how we went out and added 3 bonified veteran starters in Free Agency on the O-line.

Them along with Jonah will be great to learn from and gel with and hopefully we can build a great OL in front of the Joe's.

The Scharping claim really helps the depth too just in case neither Volson or Carman are the answer.

Volson is the starter. He dressed last game but played no snaps. Carman took them all at guard. He didn’t look good
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 10:42 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Volson is the starter. He dressed last game but played no snaps. Carman took them all at guard. He didn’t look good

Yeah I know. Still, Volson didn't play good in pass protection so need to keep our options open in case this keeps up even 
with the Vets around him Volson will be the guy that DL's attack. Scharping was a smart pick up for us who is a decent pass
protector. Only 6 sacks in over 2,000 snaps and is a veteran himself.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well to me that looks better than Carman so ....

Average is GREAT.I’ll take average.I’d much rather have Elite,but after what the Bengals have had in recent years,Average actually sounds pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: Interesting.  Listened to three different local Houston ESPN radio shows last night and this morning, and they all say he's trash and are glad he's gone.

He's been underwhelming to this point, but maybe a scheme change will help?

I wouldn't expect some instant impact. He may be better than Carman though.

Where we pick on the waiver wire...we aren't going to get great players.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 03:50 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Average is GREAT.I’ll take average.I’d much rather have Elite,but after what the Bengals have had in recent years,Average actually sounds pretty good.

Was coming here to say this.

After last season, an average line might as well be all pros.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 05:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's been underwhelming to this point, but maybe a scheme change will help?

I wouldn't expect some instant impact. He may be better than Carman though.

Where we pick on the waiver wire...we aren't going to get great players.

He has performed better than what we have at LG, I like the experience,  for a waiver wire pickup I'm happy we got him
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 03:50 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Average is GREAT.I’ll take average.I’d much rather have Elite,but after what the Bengals have had in recent years,Average actually sounds pretty good.

yep^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote