Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson-HOF Finalist!
He is still in the running.

https://www.profootballhof.com/15-modern-era-player-finalists-announced-for-hall-of-fames-class-of-2022/

https://www.profootballhof.com/fanvote/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I will say that's a weak group. Big Willie is as qualified as any minus Holt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s nice to see him advance. I’d be surprised if the voters favor him in the top five of that group, but my HOF distrust runs deep.
Reply/Quote
Against that group, he's a no brainer to be in the top 5
Reply/Quote
Why is Baltimore listed before Cincinnati under "teams played for?" Why is he pictured in a Ratbird uniform? Especially with that gut. I don't recall Big Willie having a spare tire the size of Mt. Adams when played for us.

On the other hand, it may help his cause if voters think he played most of his career for a team other than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Why is Baltimore listed before Cincinnati under "teams played for?" Why is he pictured in a Ratbird uniform? Especially with that gut. I don't recall Big Willie having a spare tire the size of Mt. Adams when played for us.

On the other hand, it may help his cause if voters think he played most of his career for a team other than the Bengals.

Huh?

[Image: ept_sports_nfl_experts-468835794-1280163941.jpg]
[Image: 5fc986b0bedb5.image.jpg?]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
They're straight up going to put him in the hall of fame as a Raven...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Why is Baltimore listed before Cincinnati under "teams played for?"  Why is he pictured in a Ratbird uniform?  Especially with that gut.  I don't recall Big Willie having a spare tire the size of Mt. Adams when played for us.

The NFL will try to induct big Willie as a Raven, but he ain't having it...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Why is Baltimore listed before Cincinnati under "teams played for?"  Why is he pictured in a Ratbird uniform?  Especially with that gut.  I don't recall Big Willie having a spare tire the size of Mt. Adams when played for us.

They list the teams in alphabetical order by city/state name.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Huh?

[Image: ept_sports_nfl_experts-468835794-1280163941.jpg]
[Image: 5fc986b0bedb5.image.jpg?]
Impressive, yes, but not the size of Mt. Adams.  I'd say that's closer to Mt. Airy.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: They list the teams in alphabetical order by city/state name.

Just so wrong to see him pictured in purple.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:05 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Just so wrong to see him pictured in purple.

I completely agree. I get the alphabetical listing of teams played for, but at least use a picture of his primary team from his playing days.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:01 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Impressive, yes, but not the size of Mt. Adams.  I'd say that's closer to Mt. Airy.

But when you count the forest Mt. Airy is way bigger than Mt. Adams…

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Against that group, he's a no brainer to be in the top 5

There are many quality players in that group I'm happy for Willie but he is no way guaranteed getting in
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say that's a weak group. Big Willie is as qualified as any minus Holt.

I thought the same thing. If there was a year to get in, this is it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There are many quality players in that group I'm happy for Willie but he is no way guaranteed getting in

[Image: MessyDefiantDotterel-size_restricted.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Against that group, he's a no brainer to be in the top 5

Thing is: They don't have to take 5 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There are many quality players in that group I'm happy for Willie but he is no way guaranteed getting in

His main competition is the other OL Tony Boselli who hasn't already been voted in because he only played 6 seasons.  But in Willie's favor, the team for the first time will actually do things to push his nomination so hopefully the committee will see the light

Reply/Quote
Lord knows he deserves it, but anti-Bengal bias runs strong.

Nice to see him get this far though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote