Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson on espn 1530
I didn't have a problem with Willie for leaving or the team for letting him go. But I did take issue at the time with guys claiming we were making some horrible mistake. Willie was an outstanding player, but he was on the decline. We were trying to build, not maintain. He didn't want to accept a lesser role, other teams who were trying to maintain had a spot for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 05:19 PM)Benton Wrote: I didn't have a problem with Willie for leaving or the team for letting him go. But I did take issue at the time with guys claiming we were making some horrible mistake. Willie was an outstanding player, but he was on the decline. We were trying to build, not maintain. He didn't want to accept a lesser role, other teams who were trying to maintain had a spot for him.

agree i believe we asked him to take a pay cut and move into a backup role and he didnt want that so we let him go.

unfortantely what we thought we had in stacy andrews wasnt close to what we got.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/242/bengals-release-willie-anderson

cant hate on him for going to another team and getting paid to play... Didnt like it was the ravens. but dont know what his other options where.
Reply/Quote