Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Goes off On MB... Kinda
https://www.instagram.com/bigwillie71/

Hope everyone can see it, its the first post, a video with Dave Shula as the thumbnail.

I'm not for the MB bashing, but I acknowledge it, so I won't open my mouth, but just hear the commentator and read Willie's long text, plus Jevon Langford's longish reply.

When he goes off, then it means something...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
3 posts in Akili Smith makes fun of Coslett.
Reply/Quote
Truck...you'd be calling someone who posted negative Bengals stuff Pathetic and do a few sentences bashing them. I just want to point that out.

The players even know the Bengals are managed poorly.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown and Dave Shula: Shit apples.

[Image: jim%2Blahey%2Brandom%2Bquote%2Bgenerator.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's very sad to think of what the players, coaches, and yes even fans have had to go through with Mike Brown at the helm.

My hat goes off and heart goes out to all of them and us. Even more sadly, it's still not over !
Reply/Quote
He was going off about how Marvin is good on twitter ,I'm thinking just shut up. He's the same guy who thought Cedric was good also.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:31 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Mike Brown and Dave Shula: Shit apples.

[Image: jim%2Blahey%2Brandom%2Bquote%2Bgenerator.jpg]

RIP Lahey....
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/bigwillie71/

Hope everyone can see it, its the first post, a video with Dave Shula as the thumbnail.

I'm not for the MB bashing, but I acknowledge it, so I won't open my mouth, but just hear the commentator and read Willie's long text, plus Jevon Langford's longish reply.

WHY are you against Mike Brown bashing ?    

Well, you posted this, so even you have to accept the only logical conclusion.  That when Paul Brown died this was a good NFL franchise for 23 years and had just been in 2 Super Bowls and just won a play-off game against Houston.  Of course Paul Brown was in NFL Hall of Fame and won in High School, Ohio State Buckeyes , Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals. He knew his football....So Paul Brown died.....Enter son Mike Brown, The Lawyer....27 years without a play-off win.  Not a winner...Not a football person.....Mike is surrounded by Pete Brown, Paul Brown Jr, Katie Brown Blackburn, Groucho Brown, Chico Brown, Harpo Brown, Zeppo Brown, Gummo Brown,  Moe, Larry and Curly Blackburn, Charlie Brown, Sweet Georgia Brown, Buster Brown,  and all the baby Browns and Blackburns and from what I see, ALL LAWYERS, and not a FOOTBALL PERSON in the bunch.  

Why 27 years of no play-off wins ?   What is the one common denominator ?   Mike Brown 

So I say why bash the wrong coaches and players.  The one constant to the last 27 years since Paul Brown died is MIKE BROWN.   

So again, WHY are you against bashing Mike Brown ?   Well, you really aren't because even you posted this.  Look, it's time to accept the fact that Mike Brown has been the owner and GM the last 27 years of no play-off win football.  He never was a football person like his Dad, he was a lawyer, not a football person.  He remains a lawyer 27 years later, not a football person, hence the 27 years of no play-off wins.  1990 to 1991, how long ago since Mike Brown took over. The first President Bush was in. Nobody knew who Bill Clinton was yet. He would run in 1992. The Reds were still celebrating winning the World Series the year before. Operation Desert Storm had just happened early in 1991, and people surprised by something called CNN covering it and cable news had it's break through. Seinfeld which has been in reruns a long time now wasn't even on TV yet. Carson was still on TV. Letterman was still at NBC after Carson. The OJ Simpson car chase was 1994. In 1991 OJ was starring in movies and one of the most loved celebrities ever. Princess Dianna didn't die until 1997. ...Mike Brown taking over this team in 1991 was a long time ago.....Mike Brown as owner and GM over those 27 years is the only person that has been here for each and all of the 27 years of no play-off wins. He bares the responsibility for the 27 years of no play-off wins. Many players on the 2017 Bengals weren't born yet in 1991, and certainly even more weren't in the first grade yet.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yea Mike Brown, isnt on the field, he's not calling the plays, he's not managing the reps each player gets. I get that, but he is responsible for the people doing that. He puts up with the ineptitude on the sidelines and on the field so he deserves every bit of bashing. He is ultimately responsible for everything that goes on with this team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Truck...you'd be calling someone who posted negative Bengals stuff Pathetic and do a few sentences bashing them. I just want to point that out.

The players even know the Bengals are managed poorly.

No, I wouldn't.

What is pathetic is someone asking a legitimate question for help, then the guy is made fun of and treated like a POS (at first).

I'm not bashing, I'm not taking part in the bashing, I'm merely posting something people on here would appreciate, given the current situation.

*I* have nothing to do with this, this isn't about me, this is about Willie saying many things that many on here would echo, that's all, because for him to say something, then there must be something amiss.

I'm not taking part in anything; this place used to be a fun, enjoyable message board to come to, with dynamic discussion and a fun and friendly atmosphere.

Hell, I give the people what they want in that post and I STILL get resistance; I don't want to be a part of something like this.

This whole MB has become a depress/angerfest; we don't need the same thread started several times a day, about "how our window is closing," or, "PFF says this."

That does nothing but breed negativity and hostility.

I'm out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:56 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: He was going off about how Marvin is good on twitter ,I'm thinking just shut up. He's the same guy who thought Cedric was good also.

Meh, he thought Cedric could be coached out of bad habits and technique.  Too bad poor Cedric has Piano Man "coaching" him. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, I wouldn't.

What is pathetic is someone asking a legitimate question for help, then the guy is made fun of and treated like a POS (at first).

I'm not bashing, I'm not taking part in the bashing, I'm merely posting something people on here would appreciate, given the current situation.

*I* have nothing to do with this, this isn't about me, this is about Willie saying many things that many on here would echo, that's all, because for him to say something, then there must be something amiss.

I'm not taking part in anything; this place used to be a fun, enjoyable message board to come to, with dynamic discussion and a fun and friendly atmosphere.

Hell, I give the people what they want in that post and I STILL get resistance; I don't want to be a part of something like this.

This whole MB has become a depress/angerfest; we don't need the same thread started several times a day, about "how our window is closing," or, "PFF says this."

I'm out.

You know there are atleast 5 of us still looking online to help that guy find that hat? I was looking last night again for him.

Honestly, I think a lot of the negative talk about the Bengals is realistic. You have 95% of the franchises that do things one way and the Bengals do things their way. In the same vein, they haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

Maybe the way the other teams do things is right? Basically every team in the NFL except the Lions and Browns have won 5+ playoff games since we last won one.

Accepting what is happening won't change it.

I challenge you to stay on the board and contribute more of the type of content that you'd like to see. Instead of complaining about peoples posts which contributes to the negativity.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 08:49 AM)kevin Wrote: WHY are you against Mike Brown bashing ?    

Well, you posted this, so even you have to accept the only logical conclusion.  That when Paul Brown died this was a good NFL franchise for 23 years and had just been in 2 Super Bowls and just won a play-off game against Houston.  Of course Paul Brown was in NFL Hall of Fame and won in High School, Ohio State Buckeyes , Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals. He knew his football....So Paul Brown died.....Enter son Mike Brown, The Lawyer....27 years without a play-off win.  Not a winner...Not a football person.....Mike is surrounded by Pete Brown, Paul Brown Jr, Katie Brown Blackburn, Groucho Brown, Chico Brown, Harpo Brown, Zeppo Brown, Gummo Brown,  Moe, Larry and Curly Blackburn, Charlie Brown, Sweet Georgia Brown, Buster Brown,  and all the baby Browns and Blackburns and from what I see, ALL LAWYERS, and not a FOOTBALL PERSON in the bunch.  

Why 27 years of no play-off wins ?   What is the one common denominator ?   Mike Brown 

So I say why bash the wrong coaches and players.  The one constant to the last 27 years since Paul Brown died is MIKE BROWN.   

So again, WHY are you against bashing Mike Brown ?   Well, you really aren't because even you posted this.  Look, it's time to accept the fact that Mike Brown has been the owner and GM the last 27 years of no play-off win football.  He never was a football person like his Dad, he was a lawyer, not a football person.  He remains a lawyer 27 years later, not a football person, hence the 27 years of no play-off wins.  1990 to 1991, how long ago since Mike Brown took over.  The first President Bush was in.  Nobody knew who Bill Clinton was yet. He would run in 1992.  The Reds were still celebrating winning the World Series the year before. Operation Desert Storm had just happened early in 1991, and people surprised by something called CNN covering it and cable news had it's break through.  Seinfeld which has been in reruns a long time now wasn't even on TV yet.  Carson was still on TV. Letterman was still at NBC after Carson.   The OJ Simpson car chase was 1994. In 1991 OJ was starring in movies and one of the most loved celebrities ever. Princess Dianna didn't die until 1997. ...Mike Brown taking over this team in 1991 was a long time ago.....Mike Brown as owner and GM over those 27 years is the only person that has been here for each and all of the 27 years of no play-off wins.  He bares the responsibility for the 27 years of no play-off wins. Many players on the 2017 Bengals weren't born yet in 1991, and certainly even more weren't in the first grade yet.

To be fair, Piano Man has been here 24 of those years. Ninja

Reply/Quote
The craziest thing about Dave Shula is that while the NFL is full of disaster HC's who never went on to be NFL HC's ever again, we have what may be the only example of a guy who went from being HC to leaving the world of football altogether. The guy went from being our HC to working in the family steakhouse business. He didn't go back to being a position coach, or to the CFL or the arena league. Wacky.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, I wouldn't.

I'm out.

No need to leave Truck, and I appreciate the head's up on Big Willie's thoughts on the matter......although I can't open it now because of stupid firewalls at work we just had put up. Rant

Anywho....this team is a dumpster fire.....and it sucks, because things could have been done over the last 5 or so years to have gotten us AT LEAST a lone postseason W.  They weren't, and that's all on Son of Paul.  At this point, sarcasm and derision are coping mechanisms (if you will), and about all that is "fun" about these clowns at the moment.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The craziest thing about Dave Shula is that while the NFL is full of disaster HC's who never went on to be NFL HC's ever again, we have what may be the only example of a guy who went from being HC to leaving the world of football altogether.  The guy went from being our HC to working in the family steakhouse business.  He didn't go back to being a position coach, or to the CFL or the arena league.  Wacky.

He did wear cool 90's shirts on the sideline. Atleast he left us with that.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/bigwillie71/

Anyone care to give a description/transcript/paraphrasing of what was said for those of us at work and unable to go to social media sites?

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Anyone else notice that Smith is help mentoring other Qbs? Um yeah maybe we should stay away from those guys......
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: No need to leave Truck, and I appreciate the head's up on Big Willie's thoughts on the matter......although I can't open it now because of stupid firewalls at work we just had put up. Rant

Anywho....this team is a dumpster fire.....and it sucks, because things could have been done over the last 5 or so years to have gotten us AT LEAST a lone postseason W.  They weren't, and that's all on Son of Paul.  At this point, sarcasm and derision are coping mechanisms (if you will), and about all that is "fun" about these clowns at the moment.

My sentiments exactly Wyche.

Sucks but from the top down these guys just do not know what they are doing and it rubs off on the guys that do.

This team needs an enima, an enima!
Reply/Quote
Funny, I was just talking about Dave Shula in another thread.

Quote:bigwillie71 I'm sorry! This may get me get me locked out the stadium . I say so much crazy stuff! But I really do support and love my @Bengals . But man what in the hell was This guy doing as our coach my rookie season ? I really didn't know any better . He only was my coach for 6 or 7 games. He had no head sets or maaan ! See y'all gon say I'm wrong for this but Everyone reminisce . This is just something bad to look back on ! The lost years! The 90's @takeospikes51 @adrianross_maddbacker @tjhoush84 @ochocinco .y'all wouldn't been really pissed and confuse if y'all had to live thru this! Ask @garrisonhearst @rodjones54 And @jraukboxfit .

This just pisses me off watching it. Look at @garrisonhearst making moves ! No way this guy shoulda been coaching! This hurt a lot of people 's careers! He was a good guy but had Bengals in a dark period. I'm sorry I can't let it go! Blame it on my head Mr Brown not my heart! I'm #Whodey all day and grateful for my time in Cincy but He don't even have a headset ! I once asked him the play 1 day during a game I was starting in my rookie year and he didn't know it! ???? I'm sorry y'all this ? hurts! Let me have my therapy! This is what Marvin Lewis had to fight ! This history ! Marvin cleaned this up! Oh we were up 21-0 I believe and lost this game! Fired on the plane ride home ! Never saw or heard from him again ! Blame my messed up Head not my Heart! #Whodey #Bengals #instagood #inspiration #NFL #food #music #hashtags

Quote:akili_smith Well...... Lets go out and see if we can win one lololol. Classic Bruce Coslet

Quote:bigwillie71 @akili_smith ???? Welll guys let’s go out and see if we can win 1!

Quote:jraukboxfit @bigwillie71 mannnnnn, it was a JOKE , but what did I know until talking with other players after the games and hearing about how PROFESSIONAL their organizations were. Boy ole boy, I was just happy to experience and Accomplish my dream making it to the league. Funny days Bruh, we was off the CHAIN. Yo remember the vets were writing on the walls BAC bad ass crew ????

Quote: garrisonhearst Wow...I remember that!!

Quote:takeospikes51 Lawdddd

This is a peek in the mind of how players really feel about this organization and Mike Brown. Unfortunately, many won't go public for PR reasons or fear of burning bridges.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote