Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson wants a Contract Extension
It sounds like there have been talks with the Bengals, but no offers yet.

Will be interesting to see what happens here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/logan-wilson-hopeful-about-contract-extension-with-bengals/ar-AA1aB0xD

Of note: 'Wilson is in the final year of the contract he signed as a 2020 seventh-round pick and told reporters on Monday that he is trying to “just control what I can” while his agent and the team handle things on the contract front.'

I was like, Wilson was a 7th Round pick? Don't recall that. Looked and he was a 3rd Round pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It sounds like there have been talks with the Bengals, but no offers yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/logan-wilson-hopeful-about-contract-extension-with-bengals/ar-AA1aB0xD

Of note: 'Wilson is in the final year of the contract he signed as a 2020 seventh-round pick and told reporters on Monday that he is trying to “just control what I can” while his agent and the team handle things on the contract front.'

I was like, Wilson was a 7th Round pick? Don't recall that. Looked and he was a 3rd Round pick.

As you noted, it looks like they need to edit the article. I like Logan and if the Bengals value him, then I hope a deal can be reached.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Logan in the 7th round may be the Bengals Goat defensive draft pick of all time if it were true lol

Whoever drafted him in the 7th or led the push to draft him would have so much bragging rights lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I thought BRANDON Wilson was a 7th rounder, but I checked and he is a 6th rounder.

Shows you the content editing of most of these rags.
Reply/Quote
Back and fourth on Wilson. I think hes a solid player but I dont think hes a huge impact player. I'd love to have him back but at the right price.

He doesnt have much leverage for a big pay day given the contract that Pratt just signed.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:24 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: As you noted, it looks like they need to edit the article. I like Logan and if the Bengals value him, then I hope a deal can be reached.

Good thing for us too i think the linebacker market had an inexplicable value decrease. Last off-season i was gearing up for 20 million per as a starting spot.

I think we’ll start closer to 16-17 now which saves us some money over the life of whatever deal em he gets.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Back and fourth on Wilson. I think hes a solid player but I dont think hes a huge impact player. I'd love to have him back but at the right price.

He doesnt have much leverage for a big pay day given the contract that Pratt just signed.

Yes he does

The player who comes off a great season(which he will do) has every bit of leverage. Everyone and their mama knows he’s the best linebacker here
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:28 AM)Housh Wrote: Good thing for us too i think the linebacker market had an inexplicable value decrease. Last off-season i was gearing up for 20 million per as a starting spot.

I think we’ll start closer to 16-17 now which saves us some money over the life of whatever deal em he gets.

They would never pay him that much. Nor should they.

IF that's his expectation, he'll not be here.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They would never pay him that much. Nor should they.

IF that's his expectation, he'll not be here.

Yeah that would be insane. 

I'd walk away from anything over 10 million a year. I think 8 million a year is fair. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah that would be insane. 

I'd walk away from anything over 10 million a year. I think 8 million a year is fair. 

I see Logan Wilson getting into the upper tier 2 linebacker signings. 12-14 mil a year. I could be wrong I expected Pratt to get the bottom of tier 2 at 10-11 but he is solidly in the tier 3. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I was thinking $8-10 million. Sporttrac has him at about $9.9 million per hear over 3 years.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion, Wilson's play and leadership on the field certainly merit a contract extension and a little financial security for what he brings to the team. Just how much financial security is more of an economics question than a merit issue. I don't think that Sportrac is all that far off of how it is likely to end up. ($10M/per average)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:50 AM)Synric Wrote: I see Logan Wilson getting into the upper tier 2 linebacker signings. 12-14 mil a year. I could be wrong I expected Pratt to get the bottom of tier 2 at 10-11 but he is solidly in the tier 3. 

No way Logan gets $12-$14 mil. Pratt is every bit as good as he is. 3 years/$21 mil-ish for Pratt. You can get very good LBs round 2 or 3, and best in class late round one. plus, if he walks, I think we might be OK with ADG stepping in.  Yes, both FAs same year.  

Currently, with Burrow, Chase, and Higgins on rookie deals, we got 2 gyys who make that kind of cake. Reader is in the final year of his 4/$53 which is $13+ APY. Hendrickson has 2 years left on his 4/$60, $15 mil. Brown's deal is 4/$64, or $16 per. An pro-bowl OT, a pro-bowl DE, and the premiere run stopping NT in the league. Our pro-bowl QB & pro-bowl WR are going to join that club soon, as is Higgins. QB, WR, and DE are all prime positions, and stopping the run is job #1 in our division. LB is not as important. It just isn't. 

2 other players are making $12 mil plus this year. Mixon & Jonah. Mixon has 2 years left on a 5/$50 deal ($10 per/, but the team has the option for the 5th year and can save $10 mil if tgey don't pick it up. Jonah is on his rookie deal, and makes $12.6 this year, but he won't be back at that number, his whole deal is 5/$30. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 11:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No way Logan gets $12-$14 mil. Pratt is every bit as good as he is. 3 years/$21 mil-ish for Pratt. You can get very good LBs round 2 or 3, and best in class late round one. plus, if he walks, I think we might be OK with ADG stepping in.  Yes, both FAs same year.  

Currently, with Burrow, Chase, and Higgins on rookie deals, we got 2 gyys who make that kind of cake. Reader is in the final year of his 4/$53 which is $13+ APY. Hendrickson has 2 years left on his 4/$60, $15 mil. Brown's deal is 4/$64, or $16 per. An pro-bowl OT, a pro-bowl DE, and the premiere run stopping NT in the league. Our pro-bowl QB & pro-bowl WR are going to join that club soon, as is Higgins. QB, WR, and DE are all prime positions, and stopping the run is job #1 in our division. LB is not as important. It just isn't. 

2 other players are making $12 mil plus this year. Mixon & Jonah. Mixon has 2 years left on a 5/$50 deal ($10 per/, but the team has the option for the 5th year and can save $10 mil if tgey don't pick it up. Jonah is on his rookie deal, and makes $12.6 this year, but he won't be back at that number, his whole deal is 5/$30. 

Maybe. I see Logan Wilson as a more rare linebacker these days one that can with range in coverage can play the run and is 6'2 245 in a age when most linebackers are 230.

As for Contracts a podcast I listened to once is that NFL teams put players in tiers so the tier 1 linebackers are getting 20-19m (Roquan Smith, Shaq Leonard, Fred Warner) then you have the bottom of tier 1 like Edmonds and Mosley at 18/17m. The bottom tier 2 guys are probably Bobby Okereke and De'Vondre Campbell both at 10m the top tier 2 would probably be Matt Milano at 14m.

Logan is probably somewhere in the middle of tier 2. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 09:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It sounds like there have been talks with the Bengals, but no offers yet.

I didn't see anything that would indicate there hasn't been any offer made yet?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 11:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No way Logan gets $12-$14 mil. Pratt is every bit as good as he is. 3 years/$21 mil-ish for Pratt. You can get very good LBs round 2 or 3, and best in class late round one. plus, if he walks, I think we might be OK with ADG stepping in.  Yes, both FAs same year.  

I disagree with you. If we have to rely on ADG then this D is in trouble. It's not even close in talent.
Reply/Quote
Believe Logan will be extended

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wilson is an important piece to this defense and I can’t imagine they would let him walk after this season. Drafting linebackers is not a fun thing to do when they need to develop while being forced to start.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 12:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Wilson is an important piece to this defense and I can’t imagine they would let him walk after this season. Drafting linebackers is not a fun thing to do when they need to develop while being forced to start.

Agree! Love our backers and it took them a couple of years to get good. We need to keep them here for awhile.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be cheaper keeping a LB of Wilson's caliber than keeping about any other position on offense or defense for the same/similar caliber player.
Get Wilson extended so you don't need to draft another LB high and thus can have that draft pick next year for another position (DT, OL, maybe TE).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote