Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Win or Lose it's been quite a trip!
(01-24-2022, 10:18 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We should probably get used to these type battles.

Hard to believe I just typed that.  Rock On

Right on. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert and other QBs are going to battle out in the AFC for awhile. I'm glad our QB can hang with the elite QBs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: You are exactly in that place to do that. You use AB but he was a scrap heap signing. Think more like Trent Williams who was a vet who wanted to go to a contender. Could we have used Trent Williams? Of course. Was he ever going to consider coming here? Nope. So now we are at a point where if the right guy at the right position wanted out to chase a ring we are firmly in the “Buyers” position.

I think trading our 1st if the right Olineman was available to trade for this year could be a really smart move. Picking late in the 1st some of the top guys could be gone. You also could potentially get a guy where some of the guess work is gone about how they will transition to the NFL. Also cut down on the time to develop a player.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: ...It's made me happy to enjoy this current season, but now I want more. I don't want to lose this week and think, "It was a fun season I didn't expect to have happen." I want a victory over KC and then a Super Bowl win. I want Burrow's legacy to start this season as a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm going to appreciate this team win or lose, but I desperately want the W.

Me too.  Mainly because... it's DIFFICULT to even get this far!  The Bengals are SOOOOO close, and you never know if/when they'll ever be here, again.  SURE, the future looks bright... but one devastating injury to a key player and... *poof* there go your chances.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Me too.  Mainly because... it's DIFFICULT to even get this far!  The Bengals are SOOOOO close, and you never know if/when they'll ever be here, again.  SURE, the future looks bright... but one devastating injury to a key play and... *poof* there go your chances.

Agreed, the NFL is a challenging grind. The Bengals could go into this offseason and beef up the OL or other positions through free agency and the draft and then still not repeat the '21 season success. The schedule might be harder, they might have more injuries, and an infinite number of other variables could come into play that cause them not advance as far in the playoffs.

I'd proud of this team, but I want them going all the way this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Me too.  Mainly because... it's DIFFICULT to even get this far!  The Bengals are SOOOOO close, and you never know if/when they'll ever be here, again.  SURE, the future looks bright... but one devastating injury to a key play and... *poof* there go your chances.

(01-24-2022, 11:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, the NFL is a challenging grind. The Bengals could go into this offseason and beef up the OL or other positions through free agency and the draft and then still not repeat the '21 season success. The schedule might be harder, they might have more injuries, and an infinite number of other variables could come into play that cause them not advance as far in the playoffs.

I'd proud of this team, but I want them going all the way this season.

All true. Lets just win it now, why the hell not?
Reply/Quote
Of course I want the Bengals to win the AFC Championship but if we lose I won’t be downcast. This young, talented team is clearly on the rise and I couldn’t be happier for Cincinnati. When I was a kid the Reds went to the World Series on a regular basis and the Bengals were perennial playoff contenders who went to the Super Bowl twice. My youth has been recaptured in 2021 and Cincinnati, one of the great sports towns in our country, deserves this success.

Teams in this town used to be coached by giants like Paul Brown and Sparky Anderson. These men were larger than life.
Reply/Quote