Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Win or Lose it's been quite a trip!
(01-24-2022, 05:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not arguing that Trent Williams would have been a huge help, just stating that this would take another big leap outside the comfort zone for the Bengals as I can't recall the last time (if they ever have) traded a 1st round pick straight up for a player. And, that you have to make sure and go through a thorough vetting process on said player to make sure that they aren't going to bring that negative energy to a young locker-room.

So, while it is certainly something they should look into and could be useful it is something they have never done and needs to be handled correctly. You land a guy with drama and it can break it all down.

Sure, but all we have done the last two years is in fact break from conventional norms. One could say we have never done it because we were never just one piece away from a SB, we are now. If the right OL or CB was looking for change of scenery I’d be in. Xavier Howard for instance was having issues down in Miami over his contract and they kind of worked things out but with Flores gone I wonder if he may be available. Most these guys wouldn’t cost a 1st unless they are really young, just pointing out that it’s now in play.
Reply/Quote
Like I said I have a funny feeling they pull one out of their a**es like they have been doing. Either way they will make the Chiefs sing for their supper.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, who knows how this will end. I could see us losing to the Chiefs and I could also see us winning the entire thing.

What a ride! Rock On

These are my exact feelings

(01-24-2022, 05:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals have nothing to lose against a team they beat within the last month.  The KC team was hot at the time, and Bengals beat them.  

This is a different Bengal team.  This Bengal team have broke decades of curses.  They are divisional champs.  They have nothing to lose.  KC is a team that has highest expectations and everything to lose.  I mean everything.  

Bengals will play loose. I think they win this one.

KC coming off an OT ... very emotional game. Bengals have an extra day of rest. KC has to change its defense since the last time it did not work in Cincinnati... WHO DEY

(01-24-2022, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Far exceeded my expectations.
I won't be upset if they lose against the Chiefs.
It's incredible to get to AFCCG, especially a season after going 4-11-1.
Winning though would just be absolutely insane!

I would go absolutely NUTS if they win. I might streak across the neighborhood

(01-24-2022, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure, but all we have done the last two years is in fact break from conventional norms. One could say we have never done it because we were never just one piece away from a SB, we are now. If the right OL or CB was looking for change of scenery I’d be in. Xavier Howard for instance was having issues down in Miami over his contract and they kind of worked things out but with Flores gone I wonder if he may be available. Most these guys wouldn’t cost a 1st unless they are really young, just pointing out that it’s now in play.

I would like to resign Apple and draft a CB. We keep drafting OL and eventually they need to play... but getting another seasoned OL would be nice... as would resigning Spain.
Reply/Quote
Im proud of the Bengals, making it to the AFC champ is legit!! WHO DEY!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure, but all we have done the last two years is in fact break from conventional norms. One could say we have never done it because we were never just one piece away from a SB, we are now. If the right OL or CB was looking for change of scenery I’d be in. Xavier Howard for instance was having issues down in Miami over his contract and they kind of worked things out but with Flores gone I wonder if he may be available. Most these guys wouldn’t cost a 1st unless they are really young, just pointing out that it’s now in play.

I'd say we were one piece away in the Palmer era a few years. That defense needed an impact player at LB to make the calls, get the team lined up and just be that "guy" who could make a play when needed.

I agree with you, it is in play and it is interesting. I just want to be sure that whoever they go after they know what they are getting and do the homework. This is a young team and the wrong veteran could influence some of them the wrong way. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is the funnest season since 05, and the best since 88. I'm enjoying every minute of it, and really proud of these guys. One thing's for certain, there'll be no quit, and they'll lay it all on the line Sunday. Win or lose, that's all I can ask for. I do feel pretty good about it....just seems like it's almost destiny the way the year has gone.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If we are going to lose I'd rather it were to the Bills versus that group of nuts, but once we got the playoff win, I was good. Tomorrow is never promised, but if the O line is improved, then I think they are right back in this game next year and probably at home.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This team has absolutely blown everyone away after the last two seasons. Honestly last season would have been closer to 8-8 had they not been decimated by injuries to their best players but hey, if they finished 8-8 we wouldn't get the honor of watching J. Chase destroy defenses all season.

Win or lose, this team is legit and something special that we can all be very proud of. This is just the start...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:53 PM)M.W. Wrote: This team has absolutely blown everyone away after the last two seasons.  Honestly last season would have been closer to 8-8 had they not been decimated by injuries to their best players but hey, if they finished 8-8 we wouldn't get the honor of watching J. Chase destroy defenses all season.

Win or lose, this team is legit and something special that we can all be very proud of.  This is just the start...

I'm with you and agree with everything you said. I will add regardless if we win or lose tomorrow, we have many great years ahead of us. We are only going to get better. I'm as stoked about the future as I am for next week.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It has been a fun ride but now that we're on the Bengals-train of fun, I don't want to be forced off because of a loss against the Chiefs. I want the ride to continue. 

I thought the Bengals would be last place in the AFC North this year and that right about now we'd be discussing our disdain for Zac's '22 return and which OL to draft in the top 5 to 8 picks. I appreciate we won the AFC North and two playoff games. It's made me happy to enjoy this current season, but now I want more. I don't want to lose this week and think, "It was a fun season I didn't expect to have happen." I want a victory over KC and then a Super Bowl win. I want Burrow's legacy to start this season as a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm going to appreciate this team win or lose, but I desperately want the W.

Hey, we beat the Chiefs the last time we played them and Burrow and Chase had their best game of their career.

We also started slow in that game and got down, like I said when we played the Raiders the 2nd time Burrow already figured
the D out the first time we beat them. The same could happen with the Chiefs if not a much better start as Burrow had his best
game of his career against THAT Defense. I wasn't impressed with the Chiefs D last night either.

I like our chances as long as we tackle well and don't let Kelce and Hill beat us. When we get a chance to sack Mahomes we 
need to get him down, the Bills D couldn't do this at all last night. Our D can play much better than what we just saw the Bills
do against the Chiefs, that was ugly on Defense, bad tackling, bad angles, not finishing, letting the Chiefs best players beat 
them, you name it. The Bills Defense was terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 08:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm with you and agree with everything you said. I will add regardless if we win or lose tomorrow, we have many great years ahead of us. We are only going to get better. I'm as stoked about the future as I am for next week.

I honestly think I am more stoked about the future. We are just scratching the surface.. It's a scratch and sniff.. smells good.. Mike and Katy know what they have, they are going to solidify this OL.  Who the Hell is going to beat dem Bengals when Joe has 4.5 seconds to throw the football?  When Joe Mixon has running lanes?  This team is a young Michael Jordan, destined to great, regardless of this next game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 08:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm with you and agree with everything you said. I will add regardless if we win or lose tomorrow, we have many great years ahead of us. We are only going to get better. I'm as stoked about the future as I am for next week.

Shit, that's not fair, KC doesn't have to play until Sunday LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I agree

Hate this post prior to the end of our season tho. I can’t rock with it until it’s over

I have loved this season tho
-Housh
Reply/Quote
WWWWWWWwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!

Still stoked and enjoying every minute of this heart pounding journey.

Like many others I am proud no matter what happens, but Burrow would scold us all for having doubt like he did CJ before Titans game.

So Im choosing to believe right along with Joe.

Am glad the talking heads are doing most of the talking about Mahomes and fueling Joe's fire as well. Dude loves proving folks wrong.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Shit, that's not fair, KC doesn't have to play until Sunday LOL

I Typed tomorrow? Wow. TBF, I was watching Jim Cramer and drinking a beer. Might have been distracted.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I Typed tomorrow? Wow. TBF, I was watching Jim Cramer and drinking a beer. Might have been distracted.

Understandable, he's best watched not sober.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd say we were one piece away in the Palmer era a few years. That defense needed an impact player at LB to make the calls, get the team lined up and just be that "guy" who could make a play when needed.

I agree with you, it is in play and it is interesting. I just want to be sure that whoever they go after they know what they are getting and do the homework. This is a young team and the wrong veteran could influence some of them the wrong way. 

Then what about some younger players that aren't in a great spot (in Becton in NYJ)? How high would you put a player on rookie contract, or cheaper 2nd contract that fell out of favor with their clubs (albeit from coaching changes, scheme, or loss of playing time)?
Reply/Quote
Sean Barber said on Chiefs radio that the Bengals defense has been "playing over their heads" in allowing only two red zone TD's in the playoffs. Bulletin board material if there ever was any. Wish the team could have heard it; they probably already have from other sources.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:42 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Then what about some younger players that aren't in a great spot (in Becton in NYJ)? How high would you put a player on rookie contract, or cheaper 2nd contract that fell out of favor with their clubs (albeit from coaching changes, scheme, or loss of playing time)?

That would be the right targets I would think.

Again, not against the idea. With the early returns on this year's draft class for OL being pretty poor and the fact that it usually takes into if not the entire first season for a lineman to transition to the NFL, the team needs to go get veteran line guys. As long as you vet the guys you are trading for and not getting a guy who fell out of favor for being a dick or having a crap work ethic then you go for it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We should probably get used to these type battles.

Hard to believe I just typed that.  Rock On
Reply/Quote