Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bill Lazor as our OC
do we win our first two games of the year?

I know this is could of, would of and should of but one has to think we could have taken at least one of those games.....being 6-5 would give us a wild card...........

Did no one within the Bengals see the KZ wasn't going to work as our OC?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I doubt we beat the Ravens. They just stomped us.

And our offensive line has been pretty bad run blocking.

We might have beat the Texans. I don't know. They kind of have our number too.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:50 PM)corpjet Wrote: do we win our first two games of the year?

I know this is could of, would of and should of but one has to think we could have taken at least one of those games.....being 6-5 would give us a wild card...........

Maybe I'm one of the few, but I haven't been very impressed with Lazor. There were some absolute putrid offensive performances since Lazor took over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The first game was on Dalton having 5 turnovers, 2 of them in tge redzone. I think people look at the final score and think Baltimore dominated us but they really didnt. A different OC doesnt change the 5 Dalton turnovers.

I think we easily win the Houston game with Lazor as OC. They aren't good and they weren't good that night. Our offense was just that bad. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm one of the few, but I haven't been very impressed with Lazor. There were some absolute putrid offensive performances since Lazor took over.

Bad performance doesn't necessarily mean bad play calling (not that I'm saying he's the greatest). An OC can call the perfect play but if the Oline gets blown up instantly and the play can't go through then all we see is a terrible play. When the line has actually held up we've seen the offense be able to move the ball. Crazy how that works. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:00 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Bad performance doesn't necessarily mean bad play calling (not that I'm saying he's the greatest). An OC can call the perfect play but if the Oline gets blown up instantly and the play can't go through then all we see is a terrible play. When the line has actually held up we've seen the offense be able to move the ball. Crazy how that works. 

True, but I haven't noticed any spectacular playcalling either. Maybe that's because the actual players aren't ideal fits with Lazor's scheme, but I'm not convinced Lazor should be the OC next year (especially if there's a new HC from outside the org).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Shit. We beat the Texans if Eifert simply knows that the big white line in the end zone is out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Shit.  We beat the Texans if Eifert simply knows that the big white line in the end zone is out of bounds.

Boom.....you hit the nail on the head.......no one within 10 yards of him........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm one of the few, but I haven't been very impressed with Lazor. There were some absolute putrid offensive performances since Lazor took over.

Same but Hue should be available as an OC next season
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:58 PM)Sweetness Wrote: The first game was on Dalton having 5 turnovers, 2 of them in tge redzone. I think people look at the final score and think Baltimore dominated us but they really didnt. A different OC doesnt change the 5 Dalton turnovers.

I think we easily win the Houston game with Lazor as OC. They aren't good and they weren't good that night. Our offense was just that bad. 

sure it could....  How many INT's has he thrown lately...   If the offense is confused on the play call Dalton could put the ball in the right spot but the WR ran the wrong way.

If the play call doesn't do anything to confuse the defenders it already they already have a leg up
Reply/Quote

Assuming the defensive and special team performances were the same, yes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sure it could....  How many INT's has he thrown lately...   If the offense is confused on the play call Dalton could put the ball in the right spot but the WR ran the wrong way.

If the play call doesn't do anything to confuse the defenders it already they already have a leg up

True. Obviously the play calling would have been different so he would have never been in those same situations. But I remember the one int was thrown into like double or triple coverage in the endzone where the WR wasn't open at all and the other redzone turnover was a stripsack from Ogbeuhi getting destroyed by Suggs. Dalton was just not on his game and was making bad decisions. Don't know how much of that was on him or everyone hating Zampese. 
Reply/Quote

We were a mess at the start of the season. Now we're like an organized mess.

I dunno how much of the turnaround can be heaped on Lazor, or what big changes exactly he could bring mid-season. But the short of it is, we're a lot better on offense today than we were opening day.
Reply/Quote

Might of lost in the opener but under Lazor Dalton has been very good taking care of the ball.

Dalton might not of thrown those 5 ints, so could be very possible that we win that one too, definately the Texans game.

Should of hired Lazor as the OC in the first place over Zamp who was just terrible.

Not saying that Lazor should be the future OC, we can probably find someone better but he is clearly better than Zampese
by a long way and it was pretty damn obvious to everyone around here. Another bad decision by the FO that cost us games.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 08:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Might of lost in the opener but under Lazor Dalton has been very good taking care of the ball.

Dalton might not of thrown those 5 ints, so could be very possible that we win that one too, definately the Texans game.

Should of hired Lazor as the OC in the first place over Zamp who was just terrible.

Not saying that Lazor should be the future OC, we can probably find someone better but he is clearly better than Zampese
by a long way and it was pretty damn obvious to everyone around here. Another bad decision by the FO that cost us games.

Lazor was definitely an improvement over Zampese, but now that we've seen a larger body of work I'm not so convinced Lazor can't be improved on fairly easily.

But I really hate to pass judgement on anything right now as bad as the O-line has been.
Reply/Quote
If Lazor was calling the plays AND we were giving Mixon the bulk of the carries with Jeremy "I Fumble Away An Entire Franchise And Fanbase's Hopes And Dreams" Hill on the bench, maybe.

(Yes, I'm still bitter.)
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:58 PM)Sweetness Wrote: The first game was on Dalton having 5 turnovers, 2 of them in tge redzone. I think people look at the final score and think Baltimore dominated us but they really didnt. A different OC doesnt change the 5 Dalton turnovers.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, it absolutely would've. Different schemes, different play calls, different audibles, Different everything.

Could Dalton have still had 5 turnovers? Absolutely. He could've turned the ball over 5 times against Cleveland, too.

Could and would are two different beasts.
Reply/Quote
It's not too terribly absurd to think we could be 6-5 or 7-4 right now if we hadn't gone into this year with Zampese at the helm, which is why I keep warning people who are sure Marvin won't be here next year to brace themselves because it's not too terribly absurd to think that he gets another year.

(11-27-2017, 09:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If Lazor was calling the plays AND we were giving Mixon the bulk of the carries with Jeremy "I Fumble Away An Entire Franchise And Fanbase's Hopes And Dreams" Hill on the bench, maybe.

(Yes, I'm still bitter.)

Meh, we've had a whole month of Lazor making the calls and exactly 0% of the carries going to Hill and we've managed to go .500 in that span with our only wins coming from two NFL teams currently combined for an 18-game losing streak.  

Like I said, if (Lazor + Mixon) - Hill = success then we can safely say Next Year = Bengals + Marvin
Reply/Quote
All I know is that Houston loss hurts bad, with that Titan's loss being a close second. The reason I don't consider the Raven's loss that bad is because we were never in that game despite how reasonably well the D played. You just knew our offense was not going to be able to come back in that one. The Houston and Titan games were very winnable AFC match-ups, with the Titans being our main roadblock for a wildcard spot.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lazor was definitely an improvement over Zampese, but now that we've seen a larger body of work I'm not so convinced Lazor can't be improved on fairly easily.

But I really hate to pass judgement on anything right now as bad as the O-line has been.

Hard to know anything with how Marv and as you said the O-line and PA have handcuffed him.

(11-28-2017, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not too terribly absurd to think we could be 6-5 or 7-4 right now if we hadn't gone into this year with Zampese at the helm, which is why I keep warning people who are sure Marvin won't be here next year to brace themselves because it's not too terribly absurd to think that he gets another year.

Meh, we've had a whole month of Lazor making the calls and exactly 0% of the carries going to Hill and we've managed to go .500 in that span with our only wins coming from two NFL teams currently combined for an 18-game losing streak.  

Like I said, if (Lazor + Mixon) - Hill = success then we can safely say Next Year = Bengals + Marvin

I know you are just trying to warn people of the worst but i don't see Marv being back.

Sure seems like he just tried mailing in the last couple of seasons and the last time Marv was really on the hot seat
it was the holdout year and was probably the right decision to keep him around at the time.

We will lose monday and be essentially out of the Playoffs. Marv will be gone at the end of the season thankfully.
Reply/Quote