Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green likely suspended...time to play Ross
It looks like the season is done...lets get Ross on the field and let him get some NFL experience so he can hit the ground running next year.

With Green out, someone needs to catch passes.
Reply/Quote
Ross needed to be on the field day 1. He's not going to play much this season. I don't know why we didn't IR him at the start of the year.... What a wasted year this has been.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ross needed to be on the field day 1. He's not going to play much this season. I don't know why we didn't IR him at the start of the year.... What a wasted year this has been.

This last off-season was very destructive to this team's future. Absolutely horribly mismanaged.
Reply/Quote
Our WRs now are completely incapable of getting open.

May as well throw in the rookies and see what happens.

Season's over anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It looks like the season is done...lets get Ross on the field and let him get some NFL experience so he can hit the ground running next year.

Well, then we had better get a coach in here that knows how to utilize Ross' abilities.  Because, according to Marvin, Ross' development is only that of about somewhere in training camp...

I think that is really just some kind of line of shit.  I mean, I fully bought it, in regard to Jerome Simpson.  After all, he came from a tiny little FBS school, who's football program was still in it's infancy, at that time.  But Ross?  Are you telling me that at The Univ. of Washington, that he doesn't know what a route tree is?  How to learn a play set?  C'mon Marvin!  Perhaps it's your methods that are the problem??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It looks like the season is done...lets get Ross on the field and let him get some NFL experience so he can hit the ground running next year.

There is no reason Ross should not see the field next sunday. Almost 3 full weeks of practice and a 3-5 record.

And Green should be suspended, but I won't say it isn't a little refreshing to see a fist fight in a NFL league that trades jerseys and takes selfies with opponents for Twitter...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Our WRs now are completely incapable of getting open.

May as well throw in the rookies and see what happens.

Season's over anyway.
Seriously, why can't/don't Bengal WR's get open?
Reply/Quote
The coach just passes the buck here in the off season they say we need to get these guys in a real game so they can play at full speed that's the only way they learn. During the season they say these guys missed so much of the off season that they cant put them out there cause they are not prepared.
Reply/Quote
Romo made a statement he noticed about Erickson when he called our game.

He always seems to have a knack to get open.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alex get more shots as well.

The O-Line is still the problem though.

A skittish QB playing behind these losers isn't going to be able to throw to Ross or anyone else for that matter.

They did nothing in FA except bring back a blubber-butt retread in Smith.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nah. Marvin's way too smart to play him. Ask him about it and he'll give you some smug answer, let you know how stupid you are to even ask.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, then we had better get a coach in here that knows how to utilize Ross' abilities.  Because, according to Marvin, Ross' development is only that of about somewhere in training camp...

I think that is really just some kind of line of shit.  I mean, I fully bought it, in regard to Jerome Simpson.  After all, he came from a tiny little FBS school, who's football program was still in it's infancy, at that time.  But Ross?  Are you telling me that at The Univ. of Washington, that he doesn't know what a route tree is?  How to learn a play set?  C'mon Marvin!  Perhaps it's your methods that are the problem??
He knows the passing routes, Marvin is a lame, scrotumless piece of crap coach that is to damn stubborn and stuck in his ways. 
Reply/Quote
I'm all for playing Ross, Malone, Boyd and Erickson more.
Reply/Quote
Are you guys out of your mind? We didn't use the 9th pick of the 1st round to have a guy come in and contribute in year 1. 2016, WJ3 didn't contribute. 2015, Cedric didn't (and still doesn't) contribute. 2014, Dennard wasn't a factor. You have to go back to 2013 to find a 1st round draft pick that Marvin Lewis allowed to play and contribute that season. Lewis uses first round picks as luxury picks that shouldn't be pressed into action.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:28 PM)Derrick Wrote: Seriously, why can't/don't Bengal WR's get open?

Same reason Mixon can’t run:

Paul Alexander and his merry band of turnstiles.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
No, Ross will stay inactive. We are protecting him for the 2018 season.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ross needed to be on the field day 1. He's not going to play much this season. I don't know why we didn't IR him at the start of the year.... What a wasted year this has been.

By putting Ross on IR the front office would basically be admitting that it was a waste of a top 10 pick like some of us think.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Romo made a statement he noticed about Erickson when he called our game.

He always seems to have a knack to get open.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alex get more shots as well.

The O-Line is still the problem though.

A skittish QB playing behind these losers isn't going to be able to throw to Ross or anyone else for that matter.

They did nothing in FA except bring back a blubber-butt retread in Smith.

Erickson should be starting. All he does is make plays and the catch. He also has a little run after the catch that we never see out of our WR's. But you know, just done with Marvin and even Dalton. I know the line sucks but Dalton has to have more talent around him than most team ever get just to be slightly better than average. Then you still never know which Andy will show come game time. I feel bad for him sure, but he is not the leader this team needs to get to the SB.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: By putting Ross on IR the front office would basically be admitting that it was a waste of a top 10 pick like some of us think.

I'm pretty sure our front office is immune to humiliation.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure our front office is immune to humiliation.

Their pretty damn stubborn that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
With Green likely suspended it's time to tank and hopefully get Marv and Co. fired and get a high draft pick.
Reply/Quote