Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green likely suspended...time to play Ross
I don't think he is getting suspended. He lost the 2nd half of the game and has never had a discipline problem before. And the referee said after the game it was instigated by Ramsey I think he'll receive a fine and that's it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure our front office is immune to humiliation.
Humiliation, criticism, outrage, outcry, demonstration, disgruntled key employees, billboards, editorials, implosion.  Mutiny worked a little.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:27 AM)McC Wrote: Humiliation, criticism, outrage, outcry, demonstration, disgruntled key employees, billboards, editorials, implosion.  Mutiny worked a little.

Yes, two offensive coordinators fired in what, 25 years?  Mike Brown is clearly caving into the wishes of the masses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't buy Ross isn't ready ,and I knew hed be a healthy scratch today. We could of used him to get Ramsey off of green ,nope Marvin is a ******. I had hope for Malone, I think he's better then core as a receiver,but.. still not a dynamic player we need. We needed Ross for awhile now.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ross needed to be on the field day 1. He's not going to play much this season. I don't know why we didn't IR him at the start of the year.... What a wasted year this has been.

Why? According to Marv he needs a lot of work in practice before he's ready to play.

All I asked of the team for that 9th pick was to select someone who would make an impact and not be a f--n project. Instead they watched him run a record 40 at the combine and he shot up way up their draft board.

The guy comes to the Bengals and what? He needs A LOT of work. You DO NOT spend a top 10 on a guy who f--n needs A LOT of work. Let some other team make that mistake.

We could have traded out of that spot and ended up with a starting OT and OG. Instead we got a guy who can't even make the active roster.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Why? According to Marv he needs a lot of work in practice before he's ready to play.

All I asked of the team for that 9th pick was to select someone who would make an impact and not be a f--n project. Instead they watched him run a record 40 at the combine and he shot up way up their draft board.

The guy comes to the Bengals and what? He needs A LOT of work. You DO NOT spend a top 10 on a guy who f--n needs A LOT of work. Let some other team make that mistake.

We could have traded out of that spot and ended up with a starting OT and OG. Instead we got a guy who can't even make the active roster.

Marvin does this every year with our 1st round talent and we don't get free agents,the cycle needs to stop. Marvin HAS to go or it will continue.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: With Green likely suspended it's time to tank and hopefully get Marv and Co. fired and get a high draft pick.

why this is 1st round db year isn't it?
Reply/Quote
Yes we clearly have to play him.

We really need him to live up to the pre draft hype too....does not bear thinking about if he busts (either due to injury, play).  We may be back to drafting another WR in rd1 -2  Ninja

Right now our WR corps is truly pedestrian and whilst there's been loads of board debate about Core - Malone - Erickson their production is awful.  

PS : amazing in all the WR discussion how quickly Tyler Boyd has disappeared as an option.  Are we assuming his car/drug incident has finished him here?  ...if so that's a valuable rd2 pick down the toilet
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Erickson should be starting. All he does is make plays and the catch. He also has a little run after the catch that we never see out of our WR's. But you know, just done with Marvin and even Dalton. I know the line sucks but Dalton has to have more talent around him than most team ever get just to be slightly better than average. Then you still never know which Andy will show come game time. I feel bad for him sure, but he is not the leader this team needs to get to the SB.

I like A.D.
but I don't love him....
he plays behind a terrible O-line so how much of this is his fault....?
this teams running game has SUCKED for a long time......
no holes to run through....they refuse to replace OC Bodine...
often A.D. is running for his life & he throws on the run....
he had a BAD problem 3 years ago w/ throwing his deep balls "out of bounds"...
he was supposed to of worked on this 2 years ago & fixed it....
but we see that's not the case....seems every game a deep ball of his is 2-3 yards out of bounds.....
id like to replace A.D. but w/ whom.....I don't see A.J. McCarren as an upgrade.....
i'd say this next draft, replace all the Oline w/ new guys & lets see what we have next yr...
b/c w/ the O-line we now have we just can't compete.....it's just the way football is...you have to be able to control the line of scrimmage....if not you will lose....period...
BODINE HAS TO GO..!!!!!
draft a quality center...like the steelers........Pouncy in rd #1....get us a stud...
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It looks like the season is done...lets get Ross on the field and let him get some NFL experience so he can hit the ground running next year.

With Green out, someone needs to catch passes.

For sure, didn't get to watch the game but followed a bit on gamecenter and didn't see Ross get a single catch.

Remember the Colts game where they motioned Ross to the line to run block. Just shitty coaching, they don't know how to
use their own players at all and never use them to their strengths. Boyd has been non-existent after a promising rookie
season, Lafell still cannot get any seperation and we still start him. Atleast Malone got some snaps last game but i am
completely blown away by the poor use of these players.

Glad Mixon is getting the bulk of the carries but Gio should get more than he is getting.

BTW, AJ Green don't take no shit lmao!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Why? According to Marv he needs a lot of work in practice before he's ready to play.

**** Marv. Mellow

John Ross is a very polished Receiver that has a wide route tree.

They just don't use him correctly and prefer to just use him on speed sweeps and as a run blocker for God sake.

The only problem i ever had with the Ross pick was injury history, has nothing to do with him needing a lot of work.

The coaches need a lot of work, specifically Marv and PA. Urban has also done a poor job this year.

Clean this damn house after the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:44 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I don't buy Ross isn't ready ,and I knew hed be a healthy scratch today. We could of used him to get Ramsey off of green ,nope Marvin is a ******. I had hope for Malone, I think he's better then core as a receiver,but.. still not a dynamic player we need. We needed Ross for awhile now.

Completely agree and didn't know Ross was a healthy scratch. WTF???!!!
Reply/Quote
Don't you guys think that there's something up with Ross that isnt PC to say? My guess is that he is as dumb as a rock and isn't learning the playbook. It could be that he isn't healthy enough. Am I the only one that would be surprised if he is never healthy enough? Why every fan wasn't scratching their head at the very moment that this pick was announced blew my mind. The good ole toy pick with questionable health when the team obviously was starving for substance. Could there have been many other worse picks at that stage for this team????
Reply/Quote
For this regime, it's always been about practice. You have to show up and show out at practice (for weeks/months) before you get an opportunity to see quality snaps in a real game. These coaches don't trust newcomers (especially rookies) until they've seen them practice awhile. And from what Marvin has said, Ross is behind because he hasn't been able to practice enough.

What confuses me though is I've watched many drills in training camp where Ross was running right along with every other WR (and looking better than anyone not named AJ). I know he didn't participate in the contact drills during that time, but you'd think he would have grasped the playbook by now since he has been on the practice field in some capacity since training camp. What exactly was he not able to get from non-contract drills that he still needs to get? Or what's so complex about the Bengals scheme that it takes newcomers 2+ months to learn?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:03 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Don't you guys think that there's something up with Ross that isnt PC to say? My guess is that he is as dumb as a rock and isn't learning the playbook. It could be that he isn't healthy enough. Am I the only one that would be surprised if he is never healthy enough? Why every fan wasn't scratching their head at the very moment that this pick was announced blew my mind. The good ole toy pick with questionable health when the team obviously was starving for substance. Could there have been many other worse picks at that stage for this team????

Honestly, we're not 1 player away from competing.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:53 AM)sonofstat Wrote: PS : amazing in all the WR discussion how quickly Tyler Boyd has disappeared as an option.  Are we assuming his car/drug incident has finished him here?  ...if so that's a valuable rd2 pick down the toilet

Even if Marvin Lewis checked this message board to see what we wanted him to do he'd have a hard time keeping up with the WR we demand he play.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, then we had better get a coach in here that knows how to utilize Ross' abilities.  Because, according to Marvin, Ross' development is only that of about somewhere in training camp...

I think that is really just some kind of line of shit.  I mean, I fully bought it, in regard to Jerome Simpson.  After all, he came from a tiny little FBS school, who's football program was still in it's infancy, at that time.  But Ross?  Are you telling me that at The Univ. of Washington, that he doesn't know what a route tree is?  How to learn a play set?  C'mon Marvin!  Perhaps it's your methods that are the problem??

At this point, I wouldn't even be so concerned about a route tree. If the guy isn't on the field and at least running a go it's ridiculous for a first round pick. If he's that unable to get separation or not completely muck up a catch, then that's pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Well that tweet eased my worried mind. I'm the words of Marvin; he does some great things we just need to keep digging. Clap.clap.clap.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:49 PM)Benton Wrote: At this point, I wouldn't even be so concerned about a route tree. If the guy isn't on the field and at least running a go it's ridiculous for a first round pick. If he's that unable to get separation or not completely muck up a catch, then that's pretty bad.

The problem is, we just don't know.  We haven't been allowed to see him in game action, aside from the fumble play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote