Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
(03-22-2022, 09:51 PM)wanga Wrote: Well I know there’s at least one of us 

"Wanga"  Is that like the Aussie version of the British term "Wanker"?   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Really hoping Karlaftis slips and is available at the end of the first.
Reply/Quote
omg that dude is big. wtf his momma feed him.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:08 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: A guy that tall has virtually no chance at leverage.  Just not going to be his game.  He has to use the only other tool to win.  Brute strength.  My favorite move (also used by La’el) is the snatch trap or the snap-and-trap. Basically a downward club that pushes the defender straight to the ground face first (opposite of pancake).  It can work. Sometimes. It’s definitely is hard to scout guys like this.Not at #31 for me.

Most of us fall victim to the dreaded snatch trap at some point in our lives.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind giving him a look in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:24 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If either is there at 31 then it’s a slam dunk. Mocks all have them gone by the Bengals pick but I guess you never know.
I think they have put themselves in a great position to take the BPA. Whoever “falls” they will be in position to take. A CB/S/WR/DT (a few of the positions needed for depth/development) can also be picked in later rounds so no need to focus on any position at 31.

The Bengals trend toward BPA all the time w/ some of sense of purpose of course. Heard just this morning that it will be BPA now for sure. Of course that’s on their draft board. This person would know I promise.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:19 AM)pulses Wrote: I like Paschal a lot. He is good against the run and he can rush the passer as well.

That name sounds very familiar, I must of watched him last year and was impressed. What team was Paschal on?

(03-23-2022, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If this guy is available I sprint to the podium.  There is just no one that moves him (or maybe no two?) and he has INCREDIBLY long arms to shove people down on wide arcing pass rush routes.  

He could be the extra TE in short yardage and goal line and be developed for the future.  I would be ALL OVER THIS GUY.  

He is a Rugby dude so he can catch and is crazy athletic. If he can get low I understand.

Think a future Jonathan Ogden. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: "Wanga"  Is that like the Aussie version of the British term "Wanker"?   Ninja

LMAO

(03-23-2022, 09:30 AM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Really hoping Karlaftis slips and is available at the end of the first.

Yes, really like Karlaftis, just doubt he falls to us. Ojabo might now with the injury and he is a top talent as a pass rusher.

Also really like Boye Mafe.

(03-23-2022, 09:32 AM)motoarch Wrote: omg that dude is big.  wtf his momma feed him.

Baby dingos.  Mellow

(03-23-2022, 10:25 AM)Whatever Wrote: Most of us fall victim to the dreaded snatch trap at some point in our lives.

Hilarious This thread is epic now lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That name sounds very familiar, I must of watched him last year and was impressed. What team was Paschal on?

He is a Rugby dude so he can catch and is crazy athletic. If he can get low I understand.

Think a future Jonathan Ogden. Mellow
Paschal played at UK.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: "Wanga"  Is that like the Aussie version of the British term "Wanker"?   Ninja

Wanker is a widely used term here as well. Thanks to our convict forefathers. 
No it’s a derivative of my name but I’ve been called many things over the years so whatever cap fits at the time. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:46 PM)pulses Wrote: Paschal played at UK.

Thanks, yes I think I watched Kentucky play a top team last season and Paschal stood out in a great way.

Would love to get him in the mid rounds if we don't get a DE earlier.
Reply/Quote
With their current Olinemen, I'm more interested in players like Dylan Parham that can back up multiple positions and may mature into a starter down the road after some seasoning to get stronger for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: With their current Olinemen, I'm more interested in players like Dylan Parham that can back up multiple positions and may mature into a starter down the road after some seasoning to get stronger for the NFL.

For sure what love Parham, he can play Center too.
Reply/Quote
I’m the exact opposite. I was all for rolling the dice on Faalele in the first round before Collins signed. Now that he is signed I probably wouldn’t touch him until the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m the exact opposite. I was all for rolling the dice on Faalele in the first round before Collins signed. Now that he is signed I probably wouldn’t touch him until the 3rd round.

All the pressure would of been on Faalele to start if we did that and he is extremely raw. No way I was for him before.

Now he could develop behind a stud in La'el Collins with no pressure. I don't understand.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: With their current Olinemen, I'm more interested in players like Dylan Parham that can back up multiple positions and may mature into a starter down the road after some seasoning to get stronger for the NFL.

Dylan Parham had a great draft process starting to hear him as one of the best IOL in the draft class and could go mid to high second round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Dylan Parham had a great draft process starting to hear him as one of the best IOL in the draft class and could go mid to high second round.

Would be all for trading back and adding DP.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m the exact opposite. I was all for rolling the dice on Faalele in the first round before Collins signed. Now that he is signed I probably wouldn’t touch him until the 3rd round.

Im glad we don't have to roll the dice on him being a starter right off the bat.  Give him a few years of development and he might be an all-pro.  One thing is for sure he will be one hell of a run blocker from day 1.  Would love to have a guy like him as an extra tackle for short yardage and goalline.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Dylan Parham had a great draft process starting to hear him as one of the best IOL in the draft class and could go mid to high second round.

I think it is more difficult to teach his movement skills than to get stronger in the gym.

I don’t think Faalele is going to get more agile, but I think Parham can get stronger.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 06:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think it is more difficult to teach his movement skills than to get stronger in the gym.

I don’t think Faalele is going to get more agile, but I think Parham can get stronger.

On the flip side you can't teach being 6'8 and powerful.

Cigar
Reply/Quote