Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, didn't want to touch Faalele before the Collins pickup until mid rounds, now I am more open to it.

I just don't like how high Faalele plays, but if he can learn to bend more he could be a force.

Worth the gamble with La'el now here.

But in the 2nd round please. 31 is too early for a project IMO.

Agreed! With the guys we have we can afford to let a guy like that develop. You can never have enough talented linemen.
Reply/Quote
At this moment we need a CB, 3T pash rusher. Before we start going after project so hard pass till 3rd or a second 2nd round pick if we trade back.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All the pressure would of been on Faalele to start if we did that and he is extremely raw. No way I was for him before.

Now he could develop behind a stud in La'el Collins with no pressure. I don't understand.

(03-23-2022, 04:32 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im glad we don't have to roll the dice on him being a starter right off the bat.  Give him a few years of development and he might be an all-pro.  One thing is for sure he will be one hell of a run blocker from day 1.  Would love to have a guy like him as an extra tackle for short yardage and goalline.  

Yea for whatever reason I want to rush him out there.

I just reminded myself that it did take Jordan Mailata a little while to get going. But I think Mailata was/is a better athlete. I think Faalele will either have it or he won't. If he has it he will be special. If he doesn't then he is a total liability.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 08:43 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Agreed! With the guys we have we can afford to let a guy like that develop. You can never have enough talented linemen.

That is what is so nice about our Free Agency, we can gamble a little bit with a guy like Faalele.

(03-23-2022, 11:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea for whatever reason I want to rush him out there.

I just reminded myself that it did take Jordan Mailata a little while to get going. But I think Mailata was/is a better athlete. I think Faalele will either have it or he won't. If he has it he will be special. If he doesn't then he is a total liability.

Never a good idea with Rookie OT's, especially raw ones to just rush them out there. Low man wins. 

Faalele is far from the low man lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 07:13 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: On the flip side you can't teach being 6'8 and powerful.

That is true.

Lakuta beats him with inside move 2nd rep @ :40 sec.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That guy beating him is someone I'd like to see the Bengals target in round two as I can't picture him being there end of round three.

Sanders would be a good addition to the pass rush.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me I would like one of these 5 prospects at 31:

1) Jaquan Brisker-S (Penn St)

2) Devonte Wyatt-DT (Georgia)

3) Roger McCreary- CB (Auburn)

4) Kenyon Green- G ( Texas A&M)

5) Tyler Smith -T ( Tulsa)

- I would be happy if any of them were our pick at 31
Reply/Quote
Dear mods,

If you could kindly kill that weird post of mine that seems to be off the page and super long, I'd appreciate it.

What I mentioned in that post was the guy beating Faalele is someone I'd like to see the Bengals look at in round two, being Sanders from U.C. He'd be a nice depth piece for the DL.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That name sounds very familiar, I must of watched him last year and was impressed. What team was Paschal on?

He is a Rugby dude so he can catch and is crazy athletic. If he can get low I understand.

Think a future Jonathan Ogden. Mellow

Yeah, only Fa'alele has arms that are over an inch longer than Ogden (!) and a ridiculous wingspan of over 86 inches.  

This article highlights his biggest weaknesses and his weight may be too much, and they seem to think he would play better around 350 lbs.  That might be true.  A year of learning behind Collins and working on his NFL conditioning and diet could probably get him to at least 370. 

The fact that he isn't ready to come in and start most likely makes him an ideal pick for the Bengals.  Plus, he has only played RT.  He very well may be there at 31, but no way at 62.  Maybe he becomes a viable option if they take a slight trade back, but all of this is just conjecture if a CB they covet is there at 31 (Booth?).  

Here is a cool article about him.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/daniel-faalele-minnesota-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:18 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: For me I would like one of these 5 prospects at 31:

1) Jaquan Brisker-S (Penn St)

2) Devonte Wyatt-DT (Georgia)

3) Roger McCreary- CB (Auburn)

4) Kenyon Green- G ( Texas A&M)

5) Tyler Smith -T ( Tulsa)

- I would be happy if any of them were our pick at 31

nice list ...Travis Jones is also intriguing if he were there too
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:27 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Daniel Faalele is an intriguing RT prospect out of Minnesota.  The man mountain measured 6'8 384 at the combine and presents an interesting opportunity for us in the 2nd round.  Before we locked down Collins I wasn't interested in him because his size leads to serious concerns about pass blocking.  He tends to stay too high and I could see him getting burnt at the NFL level by faster DEs.  However, with Collins holding down RT for at least a few years adding Faalele could be a great move.  His run blocking is elite and bringing him in as the 6th lineman in those jumbo packages we run could be a scary sight for opposing defenses.  Cappa, Collins and Faalele on one side of the line would be one hell of a run blocking trio for Mixon to run behind.  This would allow him to be useful to us while also developing into a potential starter in a few years once he learns to bend a bit more.  Certainly something to think about.

His highlights are a lot of fun to watch.  Once he locks in its over.

Do we think a jumbo package/depth guy is something they consider in the first or maybe see if he slides to the second?

Id be interested in the second.  In the first id go bpa now.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, only Fa'alele has arms that are over an inch longer than Ogden (!) and a ridiculous wingspan of over 86 inches.  

This article highlights his biggest weaknesses and his weight may be too much, and they seem to think he would play better around 350 lbs.  That might be true.  A year of learning behind Collins and working on his NFL conditioning and diet could probably get him to at least 370. 

The fact that he isn't ready to come in and start most likely makes him an ideal pick for the Bengals.  Plus, he has only played RT.  He very well may be there at 31, but no way at 62.  Maybe he becomes a viable option if they take a slight trade back, but all of this is just conjecture if a CB they covet is there at 31 (Booth?).  

Here is a cool article about him.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/daniel-faalele-minnesota-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

I don't see a team taking a project like Faalele in the 1st round, depends on how much Pollack likes him. I like his upside IF he
can lower his pad level and play that way consistently. As this article says he gets off balance and doesn't bend his knees enough.

I do like that he is so big that he cannot get pushed back cause he is not only big but really strong and athletic. I also like that he
has a strong punch to knock DL backwards like Collins does. Honestly the Collins pick is why I would look into taking Faalele cause
they are a bit similar except for Faalele is much bigger even though Collins is a monster. I think Collins would be the ideal RT for 
this freak to learn behind.

Maybe if we trade back into the 2nd round I would take him with our first pick, but not at 31. I like about a half a dozen players 
better there including Booth that you mention.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The fact that he isn't ready to come in and start most likely makes him an ideal pick for the Bengals.  Plus, he has only played RT.  He very well may be there at 31, but no way at 62.  Maybe he becomes a viable option if they take a slight trade back, but all of this is just conjecture if a CB they covet is there at 31 (Booth?).  

I've seen him falling to the third in some mocks.  I would not even consider him in the 1st but pick 63 could be a sweet spot for him. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:25 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I've seen him falling to the third in some mocks.  I would not even consider him in the 1st but pick 63 could be a sweet spot for him. 

ThumbsUp Same.
Reply/Quote
With the Bengals locking up La'el Collins for 3 years and Jonah for 2 (with 5th year option) I would like them to go after a possible swing tackle that has a chance of pushing Jonah if he doesnt improve.

Nicholas Petit-Frere
Rasheed Walker
Abraham Lucas (possibly)
Max Mitchell
Vederian Lowe
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:33 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: 100% agree.  If he learns to bend he has all-pro potential.  Late 2nd round feels like a good value spot for sure.  

Guess I have not been really impressed with him.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:09 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, the snatch trap sounds like a few women I have known.

3 divorces, lost half of everything each time. The snatch trap is real. HOWEVER, If La'el can make a fortune at it, I'm thinking my futures so bright I have to wear shades. Just hope it ain't 50 shades of poor.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is a Rugby dude so he can catch and is crazy athletic.

I was only half joking the other day, talking about making him an OT/TE hybrid. I've been convincing myself more and more that it's feasible.

(03-23-2022, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, really like Karlaftis, just doubt he falls to us. Ojabo might now with the injury and he is a top talent as a pass rusher.

I'd be all over Ojabo at 31.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:46 PM)Synric Wrote: With the Bengals locking up La'el Collins for 3 years and Jonah for 2 (with 5th year option) I would like them to go after a possible swing tackle that has a chance of pushing Jonah if he doesnt improve.

Nicholas Petit-Frere
Rasheed Walker
Abraham Lucas (possibly)
Max Mitchell
Vederian Lowe

Of those I really like Rasheed Walker and Max Mitchell.

I know nothing about Lowe. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 07:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I was only half joking the other day, talking about making him an OT/TE hybrid. I've been convincing myself more and more that it's feasible.

I'd be all over Ojabo at 31.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

You never know with both players. An Ojabo/Faalele start to the Draft I think would be fantastic. Crazy potential and we did enough 
in Free Agency to be able to afford some time with both players. Why not create a new type of position with Faalele. On the Goal line
it worked with Whit a time or two. Love seeing the big men who play in the trenches get a TD.
Reply/Quote