Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRUMP WINS AGAIN: Feminist Says She’ll Go To Mexico For Birth Control If TC passes
http://www.dailywire.com/news/17974/trump-wins-again-feminist-says-shell-go-mexico-hank-berrien?

Quote:CNN, in its desperate attempt to support abortion factory Planned Parenthood, decided to tell the tale of a young mother who complains that if Trumpcare passes and the Planned Parenthood clinic near her leaves town, she will drive to Mexico for birth control.

Here’s her story:

Ariana Gonzalez, 23, has very good health insurance because she’s a high school teacher. She lives with her husband Kevin, their daughter Bailey, who is almost two, and her son Oliver, whom she bore out of wedlock when she was 15.

Because of the paucity of gynecologists in her area, CNN reports, “It takes well over a month to get an appointment with her gynecologist and then four or five hours in the waiting room to see him, which means she has to take the day off work. At Planned Parenthood, she gets an appointment the next day and is in and out in about 30 minutes.”

Here’s how CNN describes the need Gonzales had for Planned Parenthood when she got pregnant: “Before Planned Parenthood opened in the Imperial Valley two years ago, she became pregnant when she didn't want to.”

Hmm. How about avoiding sex at the age of 15?

After meeting Kevin in 2011, when she was 18, they tried having another child; Ariana suffered three miscarriages, then an ectopic pregnancy which permanently damaged one of her fallopian tubes.

Then her doctor prescribed steroids; she got pregnant with Bailey. In order to get a rapid response to see if the new baby was healthy, she and her husband drove 20 minutes to Mexicali, Mexico, where she was charged $25 for a blood test and ultrasound. She and Kevin had to wait three hours at the border, meaning it took roughly four hours total.

Of course, San Diego has a plethora of doctors and she has good health insurance, but that’s not part of our story.

During Bailey’s birth, Ariana hemorrhaged; the obstetrician told her to follow up with him later. But she was told an appointment could take a month, so she went to Planned Parenthood.

CNN notes, “House Speaker Paul Ryan pointed out that there are many more community health centers than there are Planned Parenthood clinics, and community health centers don't provide abortions,” but adds, “But many experts say community health centers can't easily absorb the nearly 5 million patients who visit 600 Planned Parenthood clinics annually, even with the additional $422 million that the GOP bill would provide to the community health centers.”

Does CNN really think that if there were a tremendous demand for more clinics to help mothers someone in the private sector wouldn’t respond?

Gonzales says, “If (Planned Parenthood's) doors are shut, you'll be driving your own constituents to an entirely different country in search of health care, and that's not America. I don't think that's who we are as a country." Speaking of Trumpcare, she added, "I think it's shameful, and I think that they should be embarrassed.”

Right. Because things are inconvenient for her, we should just let Planned Parenthood murder 300,000 babies a year.

If someone should be embarrassed, it should be someone who doesn’t give a damn about the murder of unborn children.

I don't understand why making a threat to go to Mexico to pay for your own birth control is a threat. So far trump is pushing leftists to fund their own personal agendas. I love it.

We see where climate change doesn't need federal funding and how we see that funding planned parenthood is not necessary as well.
I like that this tabloid website admits that she goes to Planned Parenthood to receive a plethora of pregnancy saving services, in addition to birth control, at an affordable price because there aren't enough OB/GYN's in her area, but leaves out that she refused to get an abortion when her private practice physician told her to.

Meanwhile Planned Parenthood is the "abortion factory" that (their emphasis) "murder[s] 300,000 babies a year"

Looks like we found more proof that conservatives are blinded by emotions.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-27-2017, 12:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not at all.   It's just something that each person needs to oh for themselves.   No insurance mandate and no tax payer funding.   If you can't afford to buy your own birth control then you need to learn some self discipline.

I've learned so much self discipline I get excited when I hear a shower running.

Mellow
(06-27-2017, 12:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not at all. It's just something that each person needs to oh for themselves. No insurance mandate and no tax payer funding. If you can't afford to buy your own birth control then you need to learn some self discipline.

The woman in the story is married, in what I assume is a monogamous relationship, with two children, who works as a teacher. It seems as if she learned self-discipline after having a child as a teen and trying to be responsible by taking birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and a child that maybe they can't afford which results in the family receiving government entitlement money like food stamps for example. So this isn't an issue of self-discipline like you're trying to twist the conversation. This is about an adult couple taking responsibility for their family planning and insurance benefits. It's about how other's religious beliefs shouldn't dictate this family's health insurance benefits.
(06-27-2017, 04:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have no problem with Insurance covering it.....

Did you read your thread title?

"Feminist says she'll go to Mexico for birth control if TC passes"

If you don't have a problem with her insurance covering her birth control why did you start this thread?

Why do you think a woman who wants her health insurance to cover her prescription is a feminist?

Quote:I do have a problem with the government mandating they cover birth control.

Why?

If it weren't for government mandates regarding age, companies would still be using child labor.

What is it that you don't like about a government mandate which requires health insurance companies to offer decent health insurance? Do you believe businesses should have the freedom to rip consumers off?

Quote:Allow it to be an add on option for people.

Why should birth control be treated differently than high blood pressure medicine?

The two shouldn't be treated any differently. What Patient A takes for hypertension is none of your business any more than what Patient B takes for birth control.
(06-27-2017, 05:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Aren't you doing the same by calling others petty and small?

Threat and mockery, that's the Trump way of life ! 

Winniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Winning what ? We shall see, we shall see ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(06-27-2017, 05:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did you read your thread title?

"Feminist says she'll go to Mexico for birth control if TC passes"

If you don't have a problem with her insurance covering her birth control why did you start this thread?

Why do you think a woman who wants her health insurance to cover her prescription is a feminist?

Why?

If it weren't for government mandates regarding age, companies would still be using child labor.

What is it that you don't like about a government mandate which requires health insurance companies to offer decent health insurance? Do you believe businesses should have the freedom to rip consumers off?

Why should birth control be treated differently than high blood pressure medicine?

The two shouldn't be treated any differently. What Patient A takes for hypertension is none of your business any more than what Patient B takes for birth control.

On the mandates.

What do you define as decent?

I want to be able to buy beyond florida policies. I don't want to be forced to pay for items we do not need or want.
This is a general warning.

The word "you" is being thrown about quite casually, usually followed by a personal description of the "you" in question.

Warnings have previously been given about making posts personal. The person making a post is not the topic of the post here. Address the topics, not the individual.

This is the only group warning you will receive on this.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-27-2017, 07:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On the mandates.

What do you define as decent?

Good question. That's what this entire health insurance debate should be about and after 8-9 years of bickering they still aren't any closer to figuring it out. Because what this debate has turned into is partisan politics to gain political control for their own benefit instead of actually solving the problem for our benefit.

I don't have a good answer.

Quote:I want to be able to buy beyond florida policies.

If you regulate health insurance at the state level as you suggested before it is very doubtful you will be able to buy policies outside of Florida. This is an area I think everyone agrees needs to be reformed, but I haven't heard Republicans or Democrats address this topic since the health insurance debates began before Obamacare was passed.

Quote: I don't want to be forced to pay for items we do not need or want.

Who does?

But, that's the nature of health insurance. You pay for it, but you hope you never need to use it.
(06-27-2017, 07:58 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: This is a general warning.

The word "you" is being thrown about quite casually, usually followed by a personal description of the "you" in question.

Warnings have previously been given about making posts personal. The person making a post is not the topic of the post here. Address the topics, not the individual.

This is the only group warning you will receive on this.

Ewe stink.
Why would she go to Mexico? All she needs to do is go to her local health department office..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-27-2017, 08:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good question. That's what this entire health insurance debate should be about and after 8-9 years of bickering they still aren't any closer to figuring it out. Because what this debate has turned into is partisan politics to gain political control for their own benefit instead of actually solving the problem for our benefit.

I don't have a good answer.

If you regulate health insurance at the state level as you suggested before it is very doubtful you will be able to buy policies outside of Florida. This is an area I think everyone agrees needs to be reformed, but I haven't heard Republicans or Democrats address this topic since the health insurance debates began before Obamacare was passed.

Who does?

But, that's the nature of health insurance. You pay for it, but you hope you never need to use it.

I actually think both parties are pretty close on healthcare. Which makes it even funnier when they complain about one another. It's a shame really they close on this... I would love to see a conservative solution.
(06-27-2017, 09:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I actually think both parties are pretty close on healthcare.  Which makes it even funnier when they complain about one another.   It's a shame really they close on this... I would love to see a conservative solution.

What is a conservative solution?
(06-28-2017, 12:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is a conservative solution?

[Image: 9ircy.gif]
[Image: G7SbN.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-28-2017, 12:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is a conservative solution?

Slash insurance regulations. Allow people to pool their resources and buy as a group even when they aren't employed with the same employer.

Rand Paul has a pretty good plan.

Obamacare and trumpcare are basically the same. One cuts taxes one raises taxes. When we eventually go single payer I wonder how this will affect the salary of medical orofessionals.
(06-28-2017, 01:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Slash insurance regulations.   Allow people to pool their resources and buy as a group even when they aren't employed with the same employer.  

I agree that should happen so we know right away that isn't a "conservative" solution, it's just a solution.

Quote:Rand Paul has a pretty good plan.  

Meh.  I would expect better from an ophthamologist who invented his own credentialing agency out of thin air.

Here's one example . . .

Quote:Individuals who receive health insurance through an employer are able to exclude the premium
amount from their taxable income. However, this subsidy is unavailable for those that do not
receive their insurance through an employer but instead shop for insurance on the individual
market.

That is stupid.  The majority of people who get their insurance on the open market are working jobs that don't provide health insurance.  Usually, blue collar, low paying jobs.  By not giving those people the subsidy, Paul is penalizing the working poor for being the working poor.

Quote:Obamacare and trumpcare are basically the same.   One cuts taxes one raises taxes.    When we eventually go single payer I wonder how this will affect the salary of medical orofessionals.

When people hold up signs that say, "Keep your government hands of my Medicare" I know we will never go single payer.

Health insurance companies are looking for ways to cut reimbursement all the time.  You know the article you posted with spotted toad?  The author mentioned Medicare reimbursement rates are tied to satisfaction scores to include pain management in an attempt to blame Obamacare for the opioid epidemic.  Yeah, that's one of many question asked in the patient satisfaction surveys.  What he didn't mention is that's becoming the industry standard.  I think within the next two years it will be almost universal among private insurance, not just Medicare.  So insurance companies will reduce reimbursement if a patient isn't happy because you won't give them an antibiotic for a cold.  That's the stupid shit insurance companies pull so they don't have to pay providers.  We had a meeting today discussing RVUs and how they tie into reimbursement and how some patients count less than 1 patient while others count as more than one patient, because just doing a simple head count where each head counts as 1 is too god damn simple.  
(06-28-2017, 01:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Slash insurance regulations.   Allow people to pool their resources and buy as a group even when they aren't employed with the same employer.  

Rand Paul has a pretty good plan.  

Obamacare and trumpcare are basically the same.   One cuts taxes one raises taxes.    When we eventually go single payer I wonder how this will affect the salary of medical orofessionals.

Gonna repost this here:

[Image: TMW2017-06-28color.png?1498157538]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.