Poll: With Our 1st Round Pick, Would You Rather
Reach For an OL
Take BPA at Other Position of Need
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Our First Round Pick:
Would you rather draft an OL who is an obvious reach, or take BPA at other positions of need?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Would you rather draft an OL who is an obvious reach, or take BPA at other positions of need?

I think you answered your own question.
Reply/Quote
BPA. Don't reach. If say Zion Williams, Linderbaum, or Green fall to us grab one, if not go Defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:28 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think you answered your own question.

I’d still “reach” for an OL
with a 2nd round grade unless something unbelievable fell to us.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d still “reach” for an OL
with a 2nd round grade unless something unbelievable fell to us.

There are going to be so many great Defensive talents at 31. I could see us trading back and still getting a great one while adding 
picks. I just don't want us to reach for Raimann if we don't get a RT in FA. I think this would be a huge mistake having a raw rookie
starting day one. I think we will get a vet RT though, so if this happens I am fine with Raimann.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Would you rather draft an OL who is an obvious reach, or take BPA at other positions of need?

Last season the Bengals used FA to address need and it sure looks the same this year. It’s amazing what skillful CAP management can do.

Fill the needs b4 the draft. It’s highly unlikely the Bengals will find a rookie starter where they are picking.
Reply/Quote
BPA.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
BPA, or even better trade back for more picks.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Unless a great talent falls to us, I'd try to trade back and pick a RT at this point.
Reply/Quote
When I look at this OT class, I see about 4 ready-to-go prospects (Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Penning).
Then I see a bunch of guys who have some good things but maybe need a year or two ideally before starting.
So basically some surefire 1st rounders and then a bunch of prospects in the 50-100 range.
If the Bengals don't have one of Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, or Penning fall to them, I'm not personally going to reach for someone like Daniel Faalele or Bernhard Raimann.
I'm taking best defensive player at 31 and taking an OT on Day 2, or else I'm trading back from 31 to somewhere in the 40's or early 50's to then take an OT.

Don't pull a 2018 again and take a Billy Price just because you have a need.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
'Other' shouldn't be included in the BPA option. BPA could end up being an offensive lineman. You never know.

BPA at a position of need is the correct answer.
Reply/Quote
Bpa is always situational.

Unless you're green Bay. Then you stockpile quarterbacks to the point they're all pissed at having no one to throw to, then resign them to ridiculous amounts, forcing you to have even less for them to work with

The team can't scout everybody. You identify some areas of need and some players that are less needed but projected to be where you're picking and you focus on those. Where a team or two every year seems to get into trouble is when that one guy slides. The 'oh he's a sure fire top 10' and he's sitting there at the end of the first. So a team that may not have done enough homework to know why he's still there goes for him.

Honestly, I'll be pretty happy with whoever we pick because I feel like we don't have to have a day one starter out of it. I mean, maybe a center, tight end or corner would start depending on the rest of fa, but it's not like it's been for a while where were counting on 2-3 draft picks to be ready day one.
Reply/Quote
Would you rather?

A ) Date an undesireable person who will nag you.

Or

B ) Date a Super Model who will cook and clean your house.

Hmmm...Tough call...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Bpa is always situational.

Unless you're green Bay. Then you stockpile quarterbacks to the point they're all pissed at having no one to throw to, then resign them to ridiculous amounts, forcing you to have even less for them to work with

The team can't scout everybody. You identify some areas of need and some players that are less needed but projected to be where you're picking and you focus on those. Where a team or two every year seems to get into trouble is when that one guy slides. The 'oh he's a sure fire top 10' and he's sitting there at the end of the first. So a team that may not have done enough homework to know why he's still there goes for him.

Honestly, I'll be pretty happy with whoever we pick because I feel like we don't have to have a day one starter out of it. I mean, maybe a center, tight end or corner would start depending on the rest of fa, but it's not like it's been for a while where were counting on 2-3 draft picks to be ready day one.

Yeah and BPA varies by board. If you take every NFL draft board and compiled them into 1, there are probably 60 different guys with 1st Round grades by atleast 1 team.
Reply/Quote
I’m surprised in the one vote for “reach”. We have plenty of upgradable positions, and I’m even good with taking BPA for depth in some situations. I don’t think we’ll have to reach to get a good lineman though. I think Linderbaum, Green, or Z. Johnson will be there. And if they aren’t, I’d rather trade out of the first than reach for a player that we could have into the second.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
BPA because I don't see us not having starters all along the team so grab the extra talent when you can.
Reply/Quote
I'm only taking an OL at pick 31 as an absolute must if he can be a day 1 starter.

I have no interest in a developmental player for a team wanting to get back to the Super Bowl. I want the first pick to be the best player that can either start or get significant snaps contributing to winning football (this could be an OL, but don't reach if a better talent is available). I know some late round picks don't fit the mold of being able to contribute immediately, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get such a talent.
Reply/Quote
If we don’t address the OL any more in FA then a tackle. If they get a tackle then a corner
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:45 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: BPA because I don't see us not having starters all along the team so grab the extra talent when you can.

As it stands right now, the only starting spots I'm 100% worried about are RT (Prince) and TE (Sample).
Waynes and Hopkins currently cover their spots, but that will add two more if they are released.
Obviously, Karras can cover C but then there's LG to worry about, so still four spots total if Hopkins and Waynes let go.

Bengals do have some cap still to work with right now though that they don't have to cut them right away.
I'd cut Waynes before I did Hopkins. Plenty of FA CBs out there to fill in for him, including Apple.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Too soon, we don't even know what we will need, and it's circumstantial based. 
Meaning if someone falls, then you have to take a look at that. it's not like picking in the top 5, where it's locked in.
Reply/Quote