Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the knowledge that we weren’t saving our money for anybody
How do the decisions to let Sanu and Marvin Jones look now? Purely hindsight post not using these 2 cases as my sole reason tonwhy someone in the Bengals FO sucks or whatever. They give us enough of those already.

So this is our second season without them. When we allowed both to walk the excuse used was it cost too much. Very understandable excuse. Also we heard the excuse that we were saving the money for Eifert running backs and the other bullshit they invented to tell fans and somehow fans believed them

So now it’s 2017-2018 and I think it’s pretty clear Eifert ain’t getting extended and that we will lose Hill and maybe Bernard in free agency. We will let Hill walk and Benard will probably have a half assed attempt to resign thrown at him but he will get more somewhere else and a starting job.

So now I ask how effective is the practice of letting actual tangible healthy talent walk when you could’ve paid them just to save money for FUTURE contracts that your gonna have the money for anyway. These future contracts are guys who may get hurt or may just not want to stay in Cincinnati. I feel like there’s been a lot of lying to the fans by this franchise.

It’s all about money. Our priority isn’t putting the best team out simply put
Reply/Quote
losing those two above average WRs is nothing compared to the team's decisions regarding the offensive line.

We could have AJ, Jerry Rice and Jim Brown and it would not matter with an o line anchored by Bodine , two high round busts at tackle and a bunch of free agents at guard who cannot block any blitz package or hold their blocks for our RBs.

Keeping Marvin Lewis and the whole "BUNGLED" o-line strategy and Paul Alexander are responsible for the sorry state of the team.

How many years do we need to see the Steeler lines dominating our team before someone upstairs in management finally wonders- Ghee, is this working?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No free agents allowed before 2021 because we need to extend Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:38 AM)bengals67 Wrote: losing those two above average WRs is nothing compared to the team's decisions regarding the offensive line.

We could have AJ, Jerry Rice and Jim Brown and it would not matter with an o line anchored by Bodine , two high round busts at tackle and a bunch of free agents at guard who cannot block any blitz package or hold their blocks for our RBs.

Keeping Marvin Lewis and the whole "BUNGLED" o-line strategy and Paul Alexander are responsible for the sorry state of the team.

How many years do we need to see the Steeler lines dominating our team before someone upstairs in management finally wonders- Ghee, is this working?

Jones speed is missed. He'd be the #2 WR on this team no doubt.

Honestly...the Bengals mess up so many decisions as you allude to that it's hard to do a Top 10.
Reply/Quote
When we didn't spend in free agency 3-4 years ago...like adding a Center...it was so we could preserve cap space to build THIS team.
Reply/Quote
Just like JJo, we made decent offers. They wanted out.

I also don't think we have a receiver problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:11 AM)Benton Wrote: Just like JJo, we made decent offers. They wanted out.

We offer decent money...but not Top level money. At the end of the day, you have to offer the most money to get a guy. You can't offer $1 or 2 million less and expect them to stay.

Same with Whitworth. And we are allowed to use the franchise tag.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:11 AM)Benton Wrote: Just like JJo, we made decent offers. They wanted out.

I see what you did there

And he isn’t part of the problem definitely
Reply/Quote
I am more pissed about Whitworth then either of those two right now. Jones would be nice but we're not missing much in Sanu.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
They let the best 2 players of a mediocre line go, and did nothing. A winner looks at weak spots and tries to fix them. If your line is weak, you get better linemen. A winner doesn't say, "Well we invested a first and second on our two tackles so we have to go with them." That's like holding on to a dog of a stock because it's below what you paid, and you hope it goes back up without any real basis for that hope.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I would've loved this thread if it would've questioned the Bengals "save to keep our own" method, which is a load of horse dung. We aren't due to extend any key players right now, so why are we $12.5 million under the cap?

Personally I'm not mad we didn't sign Jones or Sanu. Those 2 are sooo overrated on here and they haven't been successful for the teams that signed them. What I'm mad about is that we didn't keep Whitworth or Zeitler, then made zero effort to replace them via free agency.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They let the best  2 players of a mediocre line go, and did nothing.  A winner looks at weak spots and tries to fix them.  If your  line is weak, you get better linemen.  A winner doesn't say, "Well we invested a first and second on our two tackles so we have to go with them."    That's like holding on to a dog of a stock because it's below what you paid, and you hope it goes back up without any real basis for that hope.

Yep, take Minny, for example.  They tired of the OL getting them killed, so they shit canned every single one of them and started over via draft and FA.  Never happen here.  We can't allow "witch hunts" for Piano Man's handpicked proteges.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Joseph asked them to match the guaranteed money. The Bengals refused, he signed with Houston.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Joseph asked them to match the guaranteed money. The Bengals refused, he signed with Houston.

True. There was a substantial gap in guaranteed money.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Can we just let Jones leaving go? He was offered the same money to be a 2 here as he was offered to be a 1 there. He wants to be a 1. He would never be a 1 on a team with AJ Green. Sometimes, it's not managements fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True. There was a substantial gap in guaranteed money.

He wanted $23.5 million guaranteed. I'd bet our offer was closer $15 million.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Can we just let Jones leaving go? He was offered the same money to be a 2 here as he was offered to be a 1 there. He wants to be a 1. He would never be a 1 on a team with AJ Green. Sometimes, it's not managements fault.

It's funny, he hasn't been a #1 in Detroit either. He's 3rd in catches and 2nd in yards this year. Well behind Golden Tate in both categories.

Last year he finished 4th in catches (behind Tate, Ebron and Boldin) and 2nd in yards behind Tate...again by a healthy margin.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 05:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's funny, he hasn't been a #1 in Detroit either. He's 3rd in catches and 2nd in yards this year. Well behind Golden Tate in both categories.

Last year he finished 4th in catches (behind Tate, Ebron and Boldin) and 2nd in yards behind Tate...again by a healthy margin.

Yep, which is why paying him as a #1 makes no sense. But the point remains, he did not leave because of money, he left because he wanted to be the guy, and AJ is the guy here....
Reply/Quote