Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Withdrawal
No football. I've been lost all day. It is a weird feeling. At least it is only a month until free agency crazy begins.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess I'm not as big a fan, I usually disappear in the offseason, but that's BB (Before Burrow).
Reply/Quote
I actually welcomed the break. I had so much YouTube Bengals info playing in the background the last two months or so that I needed to go straight cold turkey.

This success thing has really altered my Bengals season. I've usually stated who I want in FA, what positions I want them to address in the draft by now and moved on for a few weeks at a time. Drafting #31 as a 1st pick is very strange.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the amount of Bengals info on replay the last month or so was hard to take, even from a fan. They won't stop talking about us!! Lol
Reply/Quote
Yeah it’s weird, but the combine literally starts in less than 3 weeks, and free agency is in less than a month,
Reply/Quote
If it makes anyone feel any better I've been through heavy duty opiate withdraw whilst locked up in the Montgomery County jail and just quit smoking after almost 50 years and almost went batshit without a cigarette a week ago.. Football withdraw is like spitting out stale cake in favor of fresh, delicious cake..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
USFL starts in mid April. I think their draft is this week lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: No football.  I've been lost all day.  It is a weird feeling.  At least it is only a month until free agency crazy begins.

I feel like we have been bad for so long that it will take me some time to come down from this high.
I have rewatched games even games of other teams to research potential Free Agents.

Maybe around after year 4-5 of Joe Burrow and hopefully a Super Bowl to our name will actually come down from this.

It will take some time though.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Pick a USFL team... draft is Tuesday lol

I personally chose the Michigan Panthers.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: No football.  I've been lost all day.  It is a weird feeling.  At least it is only a month until free agency crazy begins.

So now you know, there are only TWO seasons: Football Season and Waiting For Football Season
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 07:49 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Pick a USFL team... draft is Tuesday lol

I personally chose the Michigan Panthers.

Good news, we can still hate Pittsburgh during the off-season.

Pittsburgh Maulers.

Here's to hoping they finish last.

In all fairness, won't be able to pick a team till after the draft. Probably going to pull for certain players more then one team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Usually go straight into draft mode but this season am anxious for FA after Bengals actually spent with a successful return in the market last year and suspect they will do so again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Good news, we can still hate Pittsburgh during the off-season.

Pittsburgh Maulers.

In all fairness, won't be able to pick a team till after the draft. Probably going to pull for certain players more then one team.

I'm going in this assuming IF this league even lasts a season that their will be so much turnover it would be pointless to only root for players.

Agreed screw the Pittsburgh Maulers LOL
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 06:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: If it makes anyone feel any better I've been through heavy duty opiate withdraw whilst locked up in the Montgomery County jail and just quit smoking after almost 50 years and almost went batshit without a cigarette a week ago.. Football withdraw is like spitting out stale cake in favor of fresh, delicious cake..  Tongue

Been through it myself.. Post acute withdrawal is a *****... last forever..
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Good news, we can still hate Pittsburgh during the off-season.

Pittsburgh Maulers.

(02-20-2022, 09:00 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm going in this assuming IF this league even lasts a season that their will be so much turnover it would be pointless to only root for players.

I HATE the Pittsburgh Maulers with a burning passion! I didn’t know they existed until just now but I’ve added them to the list. Dirty rotten ba******!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: No football. I've been lost all day. It is a weird feeling. At least it is only a month until free agency crazy begins.

Feelin it too.

Not sure if it would be different if we won either.

6 long months until pre-season
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:00 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm going in this assuming IF this league even lasts a season that their will be so much turnover it would be pointless to only root for players.

(02-20-2022, 09:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I HATE the Pittsburgh Maulers with a burning passion! I didn’t know they existed until just now but I’ve added them to the list. Dirty rotten ba******!

From what I understand the Maulers are actually dirtier than the steelers and they haven't even drafted yet...just dirty by association!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 06:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: If it makes anyone feel any better I've been through heavy duty opiate withdraw whilst locked up in the Montgomery County jail and just quit smoking after almost 50 years and almost went batshit without a cigarette a week ago.. Football withdraw is like spitting out stale cake in favor of fresh, delicious cake..  Tongue

Keep it up brother! I don’t regret quitting for a second, don’t miss being chained to those ***** one iota! It took time, though.

Now I’m chained to fresh ground coffee…

I’m curiously apathetic towards the Bengals atm, super bowl hangover?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
My life usually goes from NFL to March Madness NCAA basketball to Reds baseball. The time will pass quickly and September will arrive before you know it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My life usually goes from NFL to March Madness NCAA basketball to Reds baseball. The time will pass quickly and September will arrive before you know it.

I’m on the same sports cycle. Unfortunately Reds are out of the race by June so your sitting there with nothing to watch for 3 months lol. Good thing is though this year they probably won’t be starting until June.
Reply/Quote