Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 14 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-13-2015, 06:08 PM)Fresno B Wrote: His first significant playing time and your holding him accountable for the loss. Knock it off. Rolleyes

So I am supposed to ignore an AWFUL pick 6 and another INT that put 14 on the board for the Steelers... and then praise him for throwing a garbage time TD when they were down 33-13 with less than 2 minutes to go?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You know with this concussion protocol bs. They should force the once who caused the concussion to sit as well .

This way everyone suffers this bs policy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Doesn't matter. They wet the bed every time it is a big game. And this was a HYPER big game - the chance to get the Steelers monkey off their back should have guaranteed a flawless performance not one reminiscent of the nineties.

I am the first to throw around the prime time thing and Daytime Dalton and all that crap but it's just silly to view today's game through the lens of a normal game...

Even if it were a normal where we had all our guys out there, teams don't go 16-0. Playing the Steelers, especially after beating them in their own house earlier in the season, is a really loseable game and doesn't mean all that much in the grand framing of the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
Game over.

Hope to see you again this year Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 05:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and cMcCarron gift wrapped 6 to them and just cost us the game. Your point?  If you think we're going anywhere without Dalton.....you're delusional at best.

This^^^^^ 1000%
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So I am supposed to ignore an AWFUL pick 6 and another INT that put 14 on the board for the Steelers... and then praise him for throwing a garbage time TD when they were down 33-13 with less than 2 minutes to go?

Dude McCarron played solids. His picks hurt. But that comes with no expierence.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know they were.  You can't tell me we just magically wind up with injuries to our vital players every time we play these goddamned bastards.

Right, but should the league take any action about it since they made public statements prior?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:10 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: For what it's worth, McCarron had a higher passer rating today than Roethlisberger.

Worth very little. It was like a 60 when it was 33-13 and the Steelers stopped caring.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So I am supposed to ignore an AWFUL pick 6 and another INT that put 14 on the board for the Steelers... and then praise him for throwing a garbage time TD when they were down 33-13 with less than 2 minutes to go?

No, but you're also not supposed to ignore the fact that he doesn't get any work in with the first string; so his timing is going to be off. Let's hold judgment until next week, after he's had a full week of practice as the starting QB.
Reply/Quote
Wtf was AJ socializing with the rapist about bens family
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
We're still in the playoffs and Steelers are still out of them (thank you Jets and Chiefs) now we just wait to see what the injury news is.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Backup QB torching the Steelers.

lulz

(12-13-2015, 06:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: A backup QB with virtually NO regular season experience.

This is why I'm not concerned about the Steelers. Yes, they have the offense to hang with anyone, but their defense will keep any team with a semi-decent QB in the game. Even if they make the playoffs, their not going anywhere unless they get to play the Colts or Texans in the playoffs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Our crappy coaching staff strikes again ! I am tired of the cute play bull crap by Hue Jackson and I am tired of Guethner's zone defense crap.......................Yay we let the Steelers own us again in Cincy...............We apparently must like that because no matter who the QB is we have let the Steelers own us in Cincy most of the time except for the one year when we swept the division........
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If there's any positive to come of this, AJ McCaron looks good enough to beat SF and Baltimore. Plus Pittsburgh allowed our backup QB to throw all over them. Denver will destroy them.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:08 PM)Fresno B Wrote: His first significant playing time and your holding him accountable for the loss. Knock it off. Rolleyes

Why? You hold Dalton accountable for every loss.  What goes around comes around AJ fanboy.  I thought you were a big Carr fan.  Shouldn't you be on a Raiders board?

.....and yes....a second year QB giftwrapped them 14 points....and took a stupid chance on another deep duck that could've been a wide open first down underneath.  He's a fine backup....and may get better.....but to act like he didn't cost us dearly is viewing with Crimson colored glasses.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Marvin had the team way too hyped.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
At least we aren't the Colts who let the Jaguars score 51 points lmbo
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know they were.  You can't tell me we just magically wind up with injuries to our vital players every time we play these goddamned bastards.

It's the only way they can win. They can't beat good teams when they're at full strength. 

They're lucky to beat bad teams when they're at full strength.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
jaded .... this type of game is why we are jaded. i'm telling you it's the bo jackson curse and has been since the early 90's. depressin' considering the injuries.
Reply/Quote
After being lucky with injuries so far this year it looks like it all Avalanched on us today. Hope Dalton is back for Denver but a cast is never good.
Reply/Quote