Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 14 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-13-2015, 06:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just a thought after seeing that onside attempt.

Gumble just said it, damn...

I could not agree more if you make the attempt.....do it right....??? lack of execution on this team is obvious when it counts.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You know with this concussion protocol bs.  They should force the once who caused the concussion to sit as well .

This way everyone suffers this bs policy

In college they do.  Out for the remainder of the game and the first half of the following game for targeting fouls.

I don't think they should adopt that rule as is, but I do think that a player being concussed as a result of a blow to the head personal foul should lead to an ejection.

And it is not a BS policy.  If someone suffers a cognitive injury they can not make a proper decision for if they can continue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Either way it'll be truly interesting to see what we have in McCarron. Next week will be a better barometer. If he plays the next three games, it'll be a true test. It'll be against 2 weak teams and one very good team. So it could definitely clear up our QB situation for the future. I hope Andy gets healthy because right now he is our QB, but going forward to the future these next three games will give us a lot of clarity.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dude McCarron played solids.  His picks hurt.  But that comes with no expierence.

One of them would have not happened if not for the only holding call made and upheld all game long.  ***** ridiculous if you ask me for them to call something so questionable against a team down by two scores without their starting QB.  Blocks like that literally happen every single time a QB drops back to pass.  

***** unbelievable how they call that on us yet pick up the other flag.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:14 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Wtf was AJ socializing with the rapist about bens family

there is a QB brotherhood in the NFL players association and such. they're all buddy buddy for the most part. it's a QB thang.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why? You hold Dalton accountable for every loss.  What goes around comes around AJ fanboy.  I thought you were a big Carr fan.  Shouldn't you be on a Raiders board?

.....and yes....a second year QB giftwrapped them 14 points....and took a stupid chance on another deep duck that could've been a wide open first down underneath.  He's a fine backup....and may get better.....but to act like he didn't cost us dearly is viewing with Crimson colored glasses.

Knock it off. AJ played fine. He threw a few bad passes but I don't see what all the ranting is about.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin had the team way too hyped.

I have heard that often said about Marvin. He gets himself and his players way too fired up to step up and stop sucking when it matters. Probably why he's 2-12 at home against the Steelers and 0-6 in the playoffs. Just too fired up. Ninja

[Image: 020113_otr_lewis_640.jpg]

Oh wait, that's totally not a thing. Instead he's the guy who takes two timeouts and over 2 minutes before half while down and just tries to run out the clock, failing, and allowing the Steelers to score again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In college they do.  Out for the remainder of the game and the first half of the following game for targeting fouls.

I don't think they should adopt that rule as is, but I do think that a player being concussed as a result of a blow to the head personal foul should lead to an ejection.

And it is not a BS policy.  If someone suffers a cognitive injury they can not make a proper decision for if they can continue.

I think they'd have to make hits reviewable before they could take these measures. That's fine with me, but the league doesn't want to sit stars so it probably won't happen.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why does Marvin kick FGs on manageable 4th downs? What does he have to lose at that point down by multiple scores? Just terrible management. Not to mention putting McCarron in that situation is very valuable if he is what we are going with for the next couple games. Just horrible coaching yet again.
Reply/Quote
The Jets won so we did NOT clinch a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
see ya next week guys, at least I get to watch the Pats tonight. despite their injuries let us see how coaching can overcome adversity/injuries (maybe it can't but...) instead of screwing you.

Oh and as much as I like Luke K.... Who the hell has Carolina played?
Reply/Quote
Dalton QBR 31.4

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Knock it off. AJ played fine. He threw a few bad passes but I don't see what all the ranting is about.

People rant with you because of how idiotically you talk about Dalton. If you werent obviously for Dalton failing, you could be taken seriously. 
Reply/Quote
our defense did pretty well against the "vaunted" offense of the Steelers and thats with Iloka and Jones both out of the game and multiple other players in and out due to injuries and a banged up offense that couldn't stay on the field The Steeler's scored on a pick 6 and a 20 yard drive. Give McCarron a weeks practice and we should be ok next week. The Steelers are beatable

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton QBR 31.4

Please use real stats, thank you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This team is 0-0

Dear lord man.  Way to overreact.   New season.  New team.

Serious question. In your opinion, how long should we keep Marvin? Owned by division rival Steelers and 0-6 in PO. When do YOU say when? My opinion is he is a decent regular season coach and a good drafter, make him GM. Belichick would have had this "most talented roster in the NFL" in the SB by now. Jim Harbaugh was right there for epic battles against his brother in the North, it probably would have been a good idea to interview him. No? 

Reply/Quote
Right now the season hangs on what the doctors say. If Andy is done for the season or even misses significant time the season is done.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just a thought after seeing that onside attempt.

Gumble just said it, damn...

So to elaborate on this, I noticed Nuge and two others out ran the ball and "blocked" Steelers players downfield while waiting for the ball to get to 10 yards.  Nuge, being a kicker, wasn't very successful on his part.

That's when it occurred to me: train an Olineman to make the kick, with guards on each side.  They run upfield to blow up the opponents at the 10 yard point while having a hands receiver trail them to grab the ball once it reaches 10 yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Knock it off. AJ played fine. He threw a few bad passes but I don't see what all the ranting is about.

He. Giftwrapped. Fourteen. Points.  They were terrible throws.  He showed why he's a backup.  He played well enough for a backup.....but I'm not just gonna ignore those horrible throws.  The poor decisions he made should get better after more reps....but bad throws are bad throws....and those were back breakers.  I ain't knocking off shit.  You deride our starter for putting up MVP like numbers....so I'll bust your boy's balls all I want.  Capiche?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
need denver and ne to lose now......nothing like depending on suffering for us. disgusted.
Reply/Quote