Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
(12-29-2015, 02:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Sorry everyone, but this loss gets pinned on our D.

Disagree.  Can't expect to win many games in the NFL scoring 17 points including 3 points in the 2nd half.   
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We would have spanked the Broncos with Dalton. The defense got tired in the second half because the offense looked like shit.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. 

Never does.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not so sure about that. Broncos started the game playing a lot of man defense (AJ torched them).. so when halftime rolled around, they switched to zone. Made McCarron read the defenses more, which slowed down his ability to get rid of the ball, which led to more pressure, which led to a much worse looking offense.

McCarron just can't read/diagnose defenses well enough to run an offense against a good zone defense. It's something that you either A. Have, or B. Learn from experience. Neither of which applies to him.

It's also why they had to use like 6 timeouts because they couldn't get the plays set up in time and when they didn't take timeouts, it was down to 0-2 on the playclock.

Yup.....people are just looking at the surface instead of looking at underlying issues.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: Not so. This was their chance and they blew it in the worst way possible. Crapped their pants on the national stage yet again.

They didnt crap their pants. The D just got their strength sapped by the altitude. They were all over osweiler in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:01 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: The only other positive I can think of right now is how dominant the team played in the first half. Maybe someday it will do it for an entire game.

Don't hold your breath about it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:57 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: IDK what to say or think... There was just no fight left in this team for OT

The offensive line has stunk for weeks. Can't open a hole for the run, so why waste time with Hill.  NO time, Therefore you know you have less than 1.5 seconds to release the ball. Why all the long decision making. These should have been quick passes. ...and the secondary/safety just blew chunks. This team is no fun to watch. Just painful.
Reply/Quote
Three losses in the second half of the season hurt badly. Texans, Cardinals, and Broncos (Texans worst of all since it was at home) losses all tell me that we are still not ready to take the next step. Nothing short of playing in the AFC Championship game could make this season a success and those three game would seem to say that we are not.ready.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Sorry everyone, but this loss gets pinned on our D.
I say the offensive coordination and Marvin, plus Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Another 1st round loss to the Texans coming right up
Reply/Quote
Remember AJ green giving up on a TD pass? Its that kind of shit that cost the whole team a Bye... Everybody had a hand in this defeat IMO
Reply/Quote

Thin air and the offense had like 8 3 and outs in a row. That will leave any defense gassed. Coaching and nuge costs us the game.
Reply/Quote
Did the denver air affect this game?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:57 AM)Rattler Wrote: hometown yeast infection - worst kicker in the league by a long shot

Chokey McDickhead

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I can't look at Marvin right now.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:54 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: BUNGLES! Call me out for that one, go ahead and try.

OK.  I'm calling you out.  This is an 11-4 team genius.  And Bengals fans don't use that word.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:03 AM)Rattler Wrote: Another 1st round loss to the Texans coming right up

Texans are 4 seed no way we play them in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:03 AM)matmaven Wrote: Disagree.  Can't expect to win many games in the NFL scoring 17 points including 3 points in the 2nd half.   

You should be able to beat the broncos with brock osweiler by holding a 14-0 lead.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm way over being impressed by regular season wins. Big ***** deal.

Enjoy the rest of the season. Just a warning; don't get your hopes too high.

If we had Dalton we would have smoked Denver. It's just the lack of a great QB. The offense was flat after the first 2 drives. Dalton was carrying this offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:01 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: LMAO....don't blame the fans.  I understand the feeling 10000%.  This is all on the lack of achievement for this team.  Stupid ass coaches, stupid ass players, fans who are just tired of this same old bullshit.  When Cincinnati lost to Texas I said we would be lucky to win the North.  Had Pittsburgh not been upset by the Ravens that scenario would have bee quite possible.  A win against Baltimore next week is not guaranteed, especially with our dumbass coaches.

Not blaming the fans at all. Yea we screwed the pooch again. I just get tired of people coming out of the woodwork with the dumbass comments whenever this team loses. Where are these fans at when they win. As soon as they lose all the Bungal comments come out. Yea it burns my ass.
Reply/Quote

No. Pinned on Nuge and stupid play calling. I've never seen so many plays start by going backwards.
Reply/Quote