Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wk 17 Practice (Eifert back)
Good to hear!

Who Dey!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
This will be a big help.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:09 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Stop making excuses for Green's poor play. He gave up on that route and many others throughout the years. Yes, he may go down as the Bengals GOAT WRs but his inconsistency on the field is evident.

lol..... this is funny.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm still of the opinion that the QB screwed up and it was essentially a scramble drill at that point.

If you saw Green's eyes during the replay when he started to run again, there looked to be absolute shock that he still had the ball.  This lead me to believe that the play was designed to run to the strong side of the field and, for whatever reason, the QB didn't release the ball.

Not me.  I thought his eyes in the replay were more telling that he wasn't going full speed on the route.

I guess we'll never know.

It's all just speculation.

I just don't know how the defender could have his hands on him like that and not get a PI call.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This forum is split on AJ Green running his routes and not. I will say when he run his routes he's spectacular, but there are times he doesn't finish his routes. It's strange, but maybe he just doesn't think he'll be able to get it or has an innate sense earlier on about it.

Marvin Jones gives up on a route too when the ball is 5 yards off.

The question for us now is, will Eifert play, and how much will he play? Will the Ravens play hard and possibly injure others? How much is the possibility of a #2 seed worth to the Bengals?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
After the game there was an interview with AJ Green and he stated that it was his mistake as he thought he saw something from the safety and started to run an option but AJM threw to the original route.

Sadly this is what happens when you have a backup throwing without much chemistry or experience. It looked worse because AJG had the safety beat and didn't need to switch but maybe Dalton would have known how AJG would have read the coverage and thrown to the outside route instead.

Regardless, all the criticism of Green seems a bit over the top for nothing more than trying to be too clever and forgetting who was throwing to him.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My feeling is, finish the damn route! Even if it's just to draw defenders down the field. 

yes,our wide receiver aj green does give up on routes at times and he is a horrible blocker,so is chris-lewis-harris.Lap watched harris on special teams and said he was horrible.enough said.aj green has to play better and do not take this wrong,I am so very happy he is on our team,he is a great receiver,but now its crunch time and we need him to do everything RIGHT the whole game.I am glad EIFERT is back and he will play,and probably so will kroft.
Another question I have is why doesn't Adam Jones get a chance to return punts??He is due to break one,and please Hue Jackson,throw the damn ball more,especially on FIRST DOWN.GO LONG,you might get a huge TD or worse,a PI and that is just as good.Throw the damn ball down the field more,dude.We will need 30 points to win this one.Ryan Mallett is a good qb,and has the same passion to win as a big ben mother.Believe this.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad the guy with 12 TDs is back. I don't care if he misses a few games. All TEs miss some games. It's a rough position.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Eifert is a big plus. Who know how the Denver game would've turned out with him in there. Can never under estimate such a red zone menace.

Now we just need Dalton back and I'll be as happy as a clam. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:52 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Now we just need Dalton back and I'll be as happy as a clam. Tiger

And I'll be as happy as a little girl.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Have we ever run 2 TE sets with Eifert and Kroft? Why not? Kroft does not appear to be bad. Why not power football it with Eifert/Kroft/Hill for blocking sometimes, that's what happens with AJM - with full protection he gets that extra 0.5 second to throw.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Have we ever run 2 TE sets with Eifert and Kroft? Why not? Kroft does not appear to be bad. Why not power football it with Eifert/Kroft/Hill for blocking sometimes, that's what happens with AJM - with full protection he gets that extra 0.5 second to throw.

Kroft is probably the least talked about player on the team. I've been happy with what I've seen from him while Eifert was down. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you're saving Eifert, you agree, the dude is brittle then...

idk how getting a concussion from a cheap shot is brittle, but ok  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If Eifert plays it will change the way the Ravens play defense so just him playing will help the rest of the offense.
Reply/Quote
I love AJ Green and can forgive the occasional screw up on routes. However, if he wants to take it to the next level he needs to improve his blocking and fumble less.

That said, I'm glad he's a Bengal and not a diva.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kroft is probably the least talked about player on the team. I've been happy with what I've seen from him while Eifert was down. 

I agree. Kroft has filled in nicely, made catches and run hard. He was a nice draft pick and will only get better.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:22 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: idk how getting a concussion from a cheap shot is brittle, but ok  Mellow

That's not what I meant, I was also the one calling out other people saying being brittle is not the same as getting concussed. But in general Eifert is more of a worry of getting hurt than other players on the team IMO, in any game, based on his history of missing games.

The opposite of brittle is Brett Favre.
Reply/Quote
Gio will have to pick it up some because without Hewitt at Fullback Hill will not do much. He simply does not run well without a FB in front of him....
Reply/Quote
They moved Jake Fisher to halfback/fullback.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's not what I meant, I was also the one calling out other people saying being brittle is not the same as getting concussed. But in general Eifert is more of a worry of getting hurt than other players on the team IMO, in any game, based on his history of missing games.

I think Eifert is more prone to injury because of the position he plays. Just look at other TE's across the league:

Rob Gronkowski: missed 16 games (not including playoffs) over last 4 seasons with various injuries
Antonio Gates: has missed 11 games in last 6 seasons, not counting suspension
Dennis Pitta: has missed 45 games across 6 seasons
Jordan Reed: missed 13 games in 3 seasons
Travis Kelce: missed almost his entire rookie season due to injury
Owen Daniels: has missed 28 games in 10 seasons
Kyle Rudolph: has missed 17 games in his career
Jordan Cameron: has missed 17 games in his career
Dwayne Allen: has missed 20 games in only 4 seasons
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins: missed 16 games across 2 seasons
Marcades Lewis: missed 13 games in previous 2 seasons
Reply/Quote