Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Teacher sex with Male Student
I am not talking about a specific story just in general when you hear about a story of a male student having sex with a female teacher. Do you feel it's rape?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(08-22-2017, 01:24 PM)J24 Wrote: I am not talking about a specific story just in general when you hear about a story of a male student having sex with a female teacher. Do you feel it's rape?

Most of the times there are not enough details available for me to say one way or the other on if it was rape or not. It's such a tricky line because of the position of authority the teacher is in.
It is at the least statutory rape if he is under 18. And I think in a lot of cases she would have taken advantage of the boy's curiosity and hormones to get what she wanted. Which is not far off from a male forcibly committing rape, though not on the same level of being traumatized obviously.

But I know in the case of Sarah Jones, Bengals ex-cheerleader, she had an affair with a 17 year old student of hers. She avoided jailtime, and labeled a sexual offender, but they ended up getting married I think. So yeah, there is this case too.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It is rape. But there is no doubt a double standard.
How could anyone espouse gender equality and not equally condemn a sex offender because they happen to be female?
(08-22-2017, 02:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How could anyone espouse gender equality and not equally condemn a sex offender because they happen to be female?

They only want gender equality when it favors women.

Karen Straughan has some good stuff on this topic.
Rape is nonconsensual.

Sex between a teacher and a student could be, or could not be rape depending on a lot of factors.  Specific cases make it easier to say.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It's more complicated than a simple yes or no answer, as Matt alluded to. The authority aspect of such a relationship makes things real cloudy.

It sounds strange, but for me seeing something like that is a rare case that shifts the burden of proof. I'm much more inclined to believe that it is rape than not.
(08-22-2017, 01:24 PM)J24 Wrote: I am not talking about a specific story just in general when you hear about a story of a male student having sex with a female teacher. Do you feel it's rape?

Students over 18? No, it's not rape.
Students under 18? Yes.
(08-22-2017, 03:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Students over 18? No, it's not rape.
Students under 18? Yes.

Over 18 could still be rape.
(08-22-2017, 03:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Over 18 could still be rape.

The premise provided in the OP is male student has sex with female teacher and then we're asked to decide if we consider that rape. Without any other information, I do not consider the scenario, as presented, as rape unless the student were under the age of 18.
(08-22-2017, 04:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The premise provided in the OP is male student has sex with female teacher and then we're asked to decide if we consider that rape. Without any other information, I do not consider the scenario, as presented, as rape unless the student were under the age of 18.

I agree.

(08-22-2017, 02:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rape is nonconsensual.

Sex between a teacher and a student could be, or could not be rape depending on a lot of factors.  Specific cases make it easier to say.

I was just saying the age doesn't matter as much as the circumstances around the sexual encounter.
(08-22-2017, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I agree.

I was just saying the age doesn't matter as much as the circumstances around the sexual encounter.

I agree that age USUALLY doesn't matter, however, if an adult teacher has sex with an underage student, that's rape. No other circumstances are needed.
(08-22-2017, 04:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I agree that age USUALLY doesn't matter, however, if an adult teacher has sex with an underage student, that's rape. No other circumstances are needed.

No argument from me on that.
(08-22-2017, 04:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: No argument from me on that.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
It actually doesn't matter if they're 18 or not. If they're a student of yours in HS, it's a crime and you'll be registered as a sex offender.

Knew a teacher a long time ago who was like 26 at the time. Dated a student of his who was 18, her parents even knew about it, he went and had dinner with them and such. He still went to jail and had to register.

I guess it's about the amount of power a teacher has over their students, because apparently if she was an 18-year-old student at a different school, it wouldn't have been an issue.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
In many cases it is statutory rape based on the ages. I am inclined to suggest that anytime an adult in a position of power engages in a sexual relationship with a minor they have authority over, it is rape even if it's an older teen who wants to have sex. There always seems to be some sort of coercion or taking advantage involved.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]