Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wonder Woman
Is an awesome awesome movie.

It definitely was made more for the female viewer, but the story, action sequences and acting were stellar.

It has been my wife and I's opinion that one of the main reasons there has never been a Wonder Woman movie.....ever, is essentially Linda Carter WAS Wonder Woman. That it was originally cast so well, that no one else could pull it off. Well Gal Gadot IS IS IS Wonder Woman. They could not have cast it better.

Take your chick! See this slick!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 11:31 AM)Stewy Wrote: Is an awesome awesome movie.

It definitely was made more for the female viewer, but the story, action sequences and acting were stellar.

It has been my wife and I's opinion that one of the main reasons there has never been a Wonder Woman movie.....ever, is essentially Linda Carter WAS Wonder Woman.  That it was originally cast so well, that no one else could pull it off.  Well Gal Gadot IS IS IS Wonder Woman.  They could not have cast it better.

Take your chick!  See this slick!

Luckily  My wife is more interested in the new blade runner... I chose wisely
Reply/Quote
It was okay. I thought as far as an origin story goes it was done pretty well. I can't get past that she fights with her forearms though. It just looks goofy. When she jumps she leads with her forearm like there should be a shield there (I get it her bracers are her shield), but something just seems off about it. That isn't a slight on the movie it is the character more so, but just struggled with watching and not laughing a couple times.
Reply/Quote

It has been my wife and I's opinion that one of the main reasons there has never been a Wonder Woman movie.....ever, is essentially Linda Carter WAS Wonder Woman.  That it was originally cast so well, that no one else could pull it off.  Well Gal Gadot IS IS IS Wonder Woman.  They could not have cast it better.

This has to be hands down the absolute best date movie a guy could hope for. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and will be going hopefully soon. The best thing I heard was that it wasn't a 'feminist' leaning kind of movie either, which if true major props to the female director. And speaking of, its already the highest grossing movie for the first weekend of any female directed movie. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Definitely the best DC movie so far. Only complaint is it feels too similar to the Captain America origin movie.
Reply/Quote
Is the next installment Wonder Woman meets Joe mixon? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Kids went to see it and had positive reviews; however, I've heard there is no invisible jet.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kids went to see it and had positive reviews; however, I've heard there is no invisible jet.

It was parked in the back of the last scene......they must have missed it.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kids went to see it and had positive reviews; however, I've heard there is no invisible jet.

Have you seen her combine numbers? Who needs a jet with hops like that?

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Luckily  My wife is more interested in the new blade runner... I chose wisely

Bladerunner (my favorite movie) gets a sequel and Dark Tower (my favorite book) get new visions. I'm either going to be super happy this year, or super bummed. Going to be hard to live up to expectations for fans of either one.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 01:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Bladerunner (my favorite movie) gets a sequel and Dark Tower (my favorite book) get new visions. I'm either going to be super happy this year, or super bummed. Going to be hard to live up to expectations for fans of either one.

With blade runner at least its ridley scott again.      and has Harrison ford cameo 

Dark Tower I'm interested in how it plays out.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 02:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With blade runner at least its ridley scott again.      and has Harrison ford cameo 

Dark Tower I'm interested in how it plays out.

My only issue with it is I pictured Roland as someone more like what McConaughey looks in the previews, old and tired and looking at the end of things. But i think this isn't supposed to be based solely off the books and more a story from when Roland was younger.

Anyway, as far as the OP, I've heard a lot of good things about the movie. My daughter is 8, and saw it with her grandmother. She wasn't super into it, but I don't think she got that it was set in the past.
Reply/Quote
Wonder Woman was good. So much better than Batman vs Superman which was moronic.
Reply/Quote
She is a babe and was in the Israeli Army if some people don't know.

Linda Carter wasn't a good actress, she was just a babe.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: She is a babe and was in the Israeli Army if some people don't know.

Linda Carter wasn't a good actress, she was just a babe.

Babe indeed. She was also in some of the fast and furious movies

Reply/Quote
It was miles ahead of Superman vs Batman. Yet it still wasn't great.

She's great.  Great looking!

I think she would've done more, with better lines and direction.

There were some very cheesy cliche parts in a few moments of this flick.

The Aries reveal was almost laughable in my opinion.

At least the battle scene didn't go on and on like in S vs B.

Now.  Logan?  That was one hell of a flick!  I can't wait to watch that one again.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No nudity? I'm not going.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 08:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It was miles ahead of Superman vs Batman. Yet it still wasn't great.

She's great.  Great looking!

I think she would've done more, with better lines and direction.

There were some very cheesy cliche parts in a few moments of this flick.

The Aries reveal was almost laughable in my opinion.

At least the battle scene didn't go on and on like in S vs B.

Now.  Logan?  That was one hell of a flick!  I can't wait to watch that one again.

Yeah Logan is amazing, that is the most realistic hero movie, lots of gore and swearing.

Nothing like all these cheesy superhero movies.

(06-13-2017, 10:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No nudity?  I'm not going.

In Logan there were some boobs for a second lol
Reply/Quote

I adored Lynda Carter (still do) and as campy as the old show was I still love it. I was thinking during the movie (and you're right, it is great) you know, if all this shit is just computer generated effects and the actors were standing in front of a green screen I would just as soon have the campy fake effects of the old show in this movie as the state of the art fake effects of computers. Also, I was really disappointed that our heroine did not spin around when she needed to shift gears from Diana Prince to Wonder Woman.

But those petty criticisms aside, I am not a sci-fi fan, not an action movie fan, about the least likely guy in the world to go to Comic-Con... and I still liked the movie. And the next day I found myself thinking, man, that was a really political movie.

I wonder if you or anyone else who saw it thought there were some really strong political messages in the movie? Did you?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 01:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This has to be hands down the absolute best date movie a guy could hope for. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and will be going hopefully soon. The best thing I heard was that it wasn't a 'feminist' leaning kind of movie either, which if true major props to the female director. And speaking of, its already the highest grossing movie for the first weekend of any female directed movie. 

Well, in interviews the director has given she states emphatically it is a very feminist movie. So, prepare to be disappointed or to learn feminism isn't what you think it is.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote